Do you freak out when a stranger approaches you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 4:19 am

i feel uncomfortable and wish that person wont approach me, but not up to the point that i freak out.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 7:16 am

I get mild panic attacks inwardly, when I'm about to pass somebody along a street that is not busy but not lonely. I always get that awkward feeling. I never know what to do. I worry that they might judge me or something, so I kind of pretend to be looking at something over the road so that they are out of my periphery, then I won't have to worry if they were staring at me or not. I used to try to make eye contact and smile, but I find that makes me feel worse because most people just look at me with a blank face and don't bother to smile back - even though I have read in so many magazines that smiling at strangers is friendly and will make you feel good. When I'm with somebody else, all they have to do is briefly glance at a passing stranger for, like, half a second, and they get a friendly ''hello''. That always bothers me because it makes me feel unimportant, which is why now I hate passing people, unless the street is busy, that's different, but when just passing a person along a quiet road, I get that awkwardness and it's a horrible feeling.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 11:11 am

scribbler99 wrote:
I get this in shopping centres and supermarkets;

I used to feel anxious entering a shopping mall (I assume the same as a shopping centre). I don't know if I still feel anxious when entering one since I haven't been in one in at least fifteen years.