Friend Zone vs. Acquaintance Zone

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

If you're already friends with a girl, want to pursue a relationship and she says "Let's just be friends", you'll be friends (as long as you're cool about it).

If you just met a girl, you date her, want to pursue a relationship and she says "Let's just be friends", you'll be acquaintances. Aka, she'll respond to your texts with one-word answers until you stop texting her.

Jjancee
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2014, 9:24 pm

minervx wrote:
If you're already friends with a girl, want to pursue a relationship and she says "Let's just be friends", you'll be friends (as long as you're cool about it).

If you just met a girl, you date her, want to pursue a relationship and she says "Let's just be friends", you'll be acquaintances. Aka, she'll respond to your texts with one-word answers until you stop texting her.

If you just met a girl, went on a date with her and she told you she just wants to be friends -- it's a polite brush off. She's not interested and you should stop texting her.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 10:12 pm

If it is those exact words that she says, with no actual attempt at being friends (after you have said that you would like to be friends), then yeah, it's a brush-off. But if she says something like "Unfortunately I'm not interested romantically, but I think we get along really well and would like to continue a friendship if you are interested" then you may want to take her up on it because she may be genuine. I have definitely made male friends this way.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 1:23 am

"Lets be friends" is an excuse. We have all used it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 2:04 am

^Nope, I have never used it; I just say I am not interested.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 2:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Same.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 2:38 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSwsJtSfyXU[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 2:52 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Same.

And when I 've used it once I really stayed friend with her to this day.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 3:19 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Same.

Did you word it as "let's just be friends"? I word it differently to that, with more words to try to make it clear that I mean it...because I know lots of people say it and don't mean it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2014, 3:28 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Same.

Did you word it as "let's just be friends"? I word it differently to that, with more words to try to make it clear that I mean it...because I know lots of people say it and don't mean it.

No, it was more like "you're my friend, and we'll stay to".

alex
Developer
Developer

16 Oct 2014, 5:20 am

minervx wrote:

that's still the friend zone. no such thing as acquaintance zone or it's the same as the friend-zone if that's how you categorize the acquaintance zone.

What exactly did you say to ask her out?

italstallianion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Oct 2014, 7:19 am

hale_bopp wrote:

I've never had to use it because women aren't into me.

I feel like my tombstone will read "Just a Friend" Seriously, I'm reaching levels of friend zone never before perceived.

now I think I am finally clean. #Dat Angst

Jjancee
Raven
Raven

02 Nov 2014, 5:27 pm

italstallianion wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:

I've never had to use it because women aren't into me.

I feel like my tombstone will read "Just a Friend" Seriously, I'm reaching levels of friend zone never before perceived.

There is no such thing as a "friend zone" - you're reading way too many pick up artist books if you believe it does.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 5:43 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

It's sometimes an excuse and sometimes honest.

It's also sometimes both. My last long-term gf and I regularly expressed a preference to remain friends when and if our relationship ended, as far as I know we both said this in good faith, I certainly did. When we broke up I rejected all contact with her. Due to the nature of how she went about ending the relationship I felt no longer obligated to keep this promise.

Most of my exes prior to that I remained friends with, although some drifted apart.

Most of the girls who had a romantic interest in me that wasn't reciprocated if I said I wanted to be friends I meant it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 8:56 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

I've never heard anyone say this to me (nor is it anything I've ever told anyone). Come to think of it, I've never heard of it being used in real life by or to anyone I know.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2014, 9:06 pm

If you're already friends with a girl, want to pursue a relationship and she says "Let's just be friends", you'll be "Friend-Zoned" and she will treat you with civility most of the time (if she has any time for you at all), but the relationship will never go any further ... unless maybe she finds out that you have a new girlfriend, and then she'll likely treat you as if you broke up with her.

If you just met a girl, you date her, want to pursue a relationship and she says "Let's just be friends", you'll be "Creep-Zoned" and pointed out by her to her friends as "that perv who won't stop stalking me".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.