If you reincarnate again - would you want to have autism?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

IF you could reincarnate again and you had mild to moderate autism with devoted and supportive parents and a more accepting community - would you want that?
No, if I were to live another life I would not want autism at all 48%  48%  [ 34 ]
Yes, I think that would be fine with me provided I had devoted and supportive parents and a more accepting community 44%  44%  [ 31 ]
That's a tough one, I just cannot say. 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 71

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 12:07 pm

Of course not everyone believes in reincarnation. Not everyone believes there is any life after death at all. And we have no empirical way to know if there is such a thing. But just IF you could reincarnate again and you had mild to moderate autism - but with devoted and supportive parents and a more accepting community - would you want that?

- Albert Einstein

OJani
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 12:13 pm

If it would be possible I'd retain a detail and fact oriented mind without autism.

JoelFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm

No, I think one lifetime with Autism is enough..

BlankReg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Oct 2014, 12:50 pm

If I could have been born when Autism was understood as well as it is now, then absolutely. But still, I can't say I'd want a life without this way of looking at the world. Difficult and nightmarish as it has sometimes been, it's given me the things I most treasure as my refuge from the world.

And it has to be said that when I look at the NT world, it's not that great a trip. I've known plenty of NTs whose lives were much worse either in spite of or even because of it.

Swiper
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Oct 2014, 12:57 pm

I can't imagine myself being any different than I am now. I got to be myself, Autism and all.

calstar2
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Oct 2014, 1:00 pm

I got a lot of the negatives of autism and absolutely none of the positives. I don't believe having more supportive parents would help me function better in the slightest.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm

I'd like to come back with autism into a family with more supportive parents. My parents tried to raise the autism out of me without telling me that I have it until three nights after my 15th Birthday, and they've always been in denial about my Gender Dysphoria as well.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

I sort of believe in reincarnation, although not exactly. I believe that since life began, you have been one living being after another, be it an animal, an insect or a person. But in each of your lives, you don't remember any of your other lives, because technically you are not who you was in your previous life, if that makes sense. You're just another soul looking through another pair of eyes of another body. So, conversely, you DON'T have other lives really, only one, because you are not you in other lives.....Ohh, it's so hard to explain, but you get what I mean!

But anyway, if I were to be reincarnated, I would NOT want to have an ASD - OR ANY OTHER DISABILITY. I just want to come back as an average NT, with no afflicting health conditions or anything. Even if I got to be in a more accepting society, I still wouldn't want to come back as an Aspie again. I just want to be an NT. I want to be in the majority, and just be better at making friends through school instead of being the dumb quiet kid with no friends. I hated being that when I was at school. It just had to be me, didn't it?

I admit I am more accepted at work, but I still would rather just be an NT.

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 1:27 pm

No. Although there is an upside to it and I wouldn't want to change in this life, because I wouldn't be myself anymore, I think 90 years (my life expectancy) is enough. It is a hard life overall and if I believed in reincarnation I'd hope to be rewarded with something a little less, well, miserable.

It's funny, because I'm pretty positive about it in my actual life, because I guess I have to be to stay sane, but the prospect of being reincarnated with autism is one of the most depressing ones I can imagine at the moment.

r2d2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 1:33 pm

Nonperson wrote:
No. Although there is an upside to it and I wouldn't want to change in this life, because I wouldn't be myself anymore, I think 90 years (my life expectancy) is enough. It is a hard life overall and if I believed in reincarnation I'd hope to be rewarded with something a little less, well, miserable.

It's funny, because I'm pretty positive about it in my actual life, because I guess I have to be to stay sane, but the prospect of being reincarnated with autism is one of the most depressing ones I can imagine at the moment.

How about RICH, supportive and devoted parents in a more accepting world? Would that make the thought of it any less depressing? :D

- Albert Einstein

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm

Not really, since what depresses me is the struggle to understand the rest of the world and communicate effectively. I'm sick of feeling stupid.

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 2:42 pm

r2d2 wrote:
But just IF you could reincarnate again and you had mild to moderate autism - but with devoted and supportive parents and a more accepting community - would you want that?

Yes I would go for it.

ZombieBrideXD
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 2:42 pm

well i would try both,

i joke that in my past life i mustve been a hedgehog, not social, anxious, hard to be around, and sticks to what they know.

DA: http://mephilesdark123.deviantart.com

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 3:40 pm

Absolutely not! I would never wish to live with this affliction again (nor any of the others I have). I don't care how accepting everyone around me is (my parents in this life are actually very accepting), I don't wanna be accepted despite my disorder, I wanna not have any disorder. I wanna be normal and average.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 3:54 pm

No. I'd kind of like to know what it's like to have a shot at life on an even playing field with NTs. Fail or win, I'd like that better chance, I don't care.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2014, 4:42 pm

Yes. I can't imagine any other way of being.
The world is too fast and overwhelming.
withdrawing to a place inside my head comes naturally to me and I like it.
I don't need social interaction. Being around people is all I need to keep from being lonely.
I would choose this life again.