meh, i could live with or without one. 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
NO! they are UGLY bug cars! 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
i'd rather just have me a yummy ice cream! :) 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 17

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 10:44 am

Yugos were actually strong little things.

The Pacer had interesting key features in its design. One was that the passenger door was larger to aid passengers getting in and out, so practical thought went into the design. It was also designed to eliminate blind spots so that drivers had an excellent view of the road, be they going forwards or reverse.
One does not realize how much one relies on good visibility until one tries a car that has poor visibility such as a Seat Leon which has such bad rearwards visibility that I am amazed they were ever allowed to be driven on the roads. I once took one on a test drive and the rearwards visibility was so poor that I drove it straight back to the dealer and said "No".
Is a shame as some past Seats like the little angular one they made had great visibility.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 7:49 pm

Yes cannot denie the visibility would be great in a inverted fishbowl …. :D 8O 8O :D 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 8:01 pm

Never forget a co-workers mother had a Mk1 Mini-Metro, and she kept denting the rear metal bumper as she would hit the bollards at the supermarket carparks when reversing.
He was thinking I may want to buy the car so I took it for a quick test drive, and that car had such good driver visibility looking both forwards and backwards that it puzzled me how she had hit these bollards so often! She wanted a newer car and I was thinking "If youcan't drive this car which is so easy to drive and one had such great vision, how is one going to manage to drive a different car as few cars had such a great field of view!

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 8:16 pm

Yes .. yes even my 1963 Morris Mini Cooper had incredible. VisibI lit y , and it was not even , The metro wagon model.
But when I saw the Pacer, i was in my liking spoilers car faze.back then.. So it looked very odd to me. 8O

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 4:25 am

did you know the yugo was a retouched fiat 128? anyways, i like streamlined cars or glassy cars in general. the late 90s "cab-forward" chryslers were [next to the pacer] the epitome of the jelly bean look that i love. i can handle boxy only so far.