Why do people suddenly stop talking?

Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

b9
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 8:47 am

Yuzu wrote:
You know what, you guys just should keep sending "hi". Why should I even care.

i have no idea why you should care. you sound rather cranky or something and whatever. so sober and sensitive are you.

oh yeah, "hi" by the way.
and "see you later" too,
i really don't want to know you....
(so sorry).
but yeah the "hi" was completely genuine,
but now it's completely gone.

so i guess there is no further.......
worry.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 10:40 am

Noses are growing....

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2014, 12:14 pm

just say it

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 1:08 pm

Einschmidt wrote:
just say it

Real answer is below:
hale_bopp wrote:
I'm going to be honest with you.
Looking at that profile you're just an average guy like the millions of other average guys on dating sites. It's like farting into the wind.

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Oct 2014, 1:58 pm

What do I do then?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

Uprising wrote:
Einschmidt wrote:
just say it

Real answer is below:
hale_bopp wrote:
I'm going to be honest with you.
Looking at that profile you're just an average guy like the millions of other average guys on dating sites. It's like farting into the wind.

I don't see how this could be the problem. That would mean the other millions of average guys would have the same difficulties and OkC would have been more widely reviewed as being useless long ago.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 10:21 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Not if he only said "hi" even if he was hot enough for me. I mean how hard can it be to read the profile and come up with a few sentences about something on it? I'm not interested in someone who is not even bothered to do that. But this is how I am. Not sure about other women.

it becomes hard when you've done it hundreds of time and get nothing back.

for me it takes like 5-20 mins to address stuff from profiles and try to put it in the message. I use to do this a lot as I was really interested in them after reading their profiles and girls said they liked guys who did this. but the result is the same it was not cost/benefit efficient.

I wasted lots of time, effort and self esteem on this. I got more responses with just hi or howdy hows your day messages. and its mostly what women send to me as well. an ice breaker as most call it. to gauge interest then the 2nd message is more about interests and similarities.
ok should adopt winks/icebreaker options like other sites, but they make their money off of hiding who likes you until you pay them monthly, so that will never happen.