24 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

^ You call it genuine, I call it lazy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 12:44 pm

Yuzu wrote:

And you wouldn't reply to that super hot interesting guy just because of this belief of yours? :p

Ffs, be genuine with yourselves people, enough of false preaching.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 12:54 pm

I would say it's a sense of entitlement you have there ladies, you demand strangers to investigate/analyse your profile well, and to think in some way to wow you in a first message just so you can judge them if they are worthy or lazy for you :P. Like seriously, who you think you are? You are just strangers to him too :P ....what if he's too un-lazy aka busy to do that with every profile he finds interesting?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 1:06 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I'm going to be honest with you.
Looking at that profile you're just an average guy like the millions of other average guys on dating sites. It's like farting into the wind.

are there not millions of average women ? or is it all hot attractive women and 90% average guys. if so why are those women on the site if it doesn't have any good looking guys for them o.O

i serious , cause to me 95% of women are gorgeous, so i'm not sure what most people would consider a average woman vs hot woman. I either find women super attractive or find them unattractive.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 1:13 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I would say it's a sense of entitlement you have there ladies, you demand strangers to investigate/analyse your profile well, and to think in some way to wow you in a first message just so you can judge them if they are worthy or lazy for you :P. Like seriously, who you think you are? You are just strangers to him too :P ....what if he's too un-lazy aka busy to do that with every profile he finds interesting?

costvs benifit. I use to send each person a custom made message that related to just them. do that hundreds of times and get no or very very few replies and you start to realize how much time and effort you waste. when women do message me its almost always just "hi" so its very one sided its find for them to send hi, but not for guys. we have to waste our time sending messages so they can either A. ignore it completely B. read it but don't reply or C reply but with far less then you sent. I found the time and effort didn't pay off at all. most women will look at your picture and judge you solely on that, so whether you send an amazing message that would woo their heart or just hi doesn't matter as they decide long before they even open your message based off of a small thumbnail picture next to the subject line.

also most of the ones who have replied or message me never read my profile so its not just men who do that.

Einschmidt
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Oct 2014, 1:45 pm

Do most girls on OKcupid get dozens of messages a day? I've heard so

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 2:23 pm

hale-bopp is the only lady saying the truth here - as always.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 7:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

And you wouldn't reply to that super hot interesting guy just because of this belief of yours? :p

Now I'm imagining you in a bar going up to women saying: "Hi. I don't care about that book you're reading."

:P

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 2:17 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

Now I'm imagining you in a bar going up to women saying: "Hi. I don't care about that book you're reading."

No, It would be just Hi :p

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 2:33 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

No, It would be just Hi :p

For me it would be "Hi. Isn't this an awfully noisy place to be reading?"

Then you can segue smoothly to "How about we go somewhere a little more quiet?"

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 2:43 am

Quote:
Why do people suddenly stop talking?

because they suddenly finish saying what they have to say.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 2:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

I don't know if you've read my previous reply to your post but I said I would. But you're being unrealistic here because 99.9% of guys on online dating sites are not super hot and interesting. So what's the point of auguring this.

Also, in a bar girls still could ignore you when you said "hi" if you don't look hot enough for them. But if you said something interesting that might pique their interest you would have better chance.

And you don't seem to get how OKC works. Both women and men are supposed to scrutinize the profile, answers to certain questions and also the ability to write decent message. If you disregard all that, what's the point of them?
If you just don't want to deal with any of that you should use tinder where there is only minimum info besides photos.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 3:36 am

You know what, you guys just should keep sending "hi". Why should I even care.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 4:26 am

Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

I don't know if you've read my previous reply to your post but I said I would. But you're being unrealistic here because 99.9% of guys on online dating sites are not super hot and interesting. So what's the point of auguring this.

I am sure you would reply if he is hot and interesting enough to you; he doesn't have to be 1% super hot.

Quote:
Also, in a bar girls still could ignore you when you said "hi" if you don't look hot enough for them. But if you said something interesting that might pique their interest you would have better chance.

To a stranger without a hi or hello? Like how? You are purely talking PUA now.

The interesting talk should come later after the hi and a small chit chat/intro.

Ignoring someone saying hi to your face is rude, never happened to me; but why would I want a such stuck up rude anyway. :p

Quote:
And you don't seem to get how OKC works. Both women and men are supposed to scrutinize the profile, answers to certain questions and also the ability to write decent message. If you disregard all that, what's the point of them?
If you just don't want to deal with any of that you should use tinder where there is only minimum info besides photos

This how okc works:
Guy sends a first message, girl checks profile:
- She likes what she sees: she replies
-She doesn't like what she sees: she ignores.

The first message has little impact on the outcome; as long it's not 'hey babe" and the like.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 2:59 pm

My slant on this is that people should give a reason why they stop talking, and do it nicely. Nobody wants to be hanging on a rope trying to guess the reason why the other person did that. I guess that's one of the social games that many people like to play.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 7:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am sure you would reply if he is hot and interesting enough to you; he doesn't have to be 1% super hot.

Not if he only said "hi" even if he was hot enough for me. I mean how hard can it be to read the profile and come up with a few sentences about something on it? I'm not interested in someone who is not even bothered to do that. But this is how I am. Not sure about other women.
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yuzu wrote:

To a stranger without a hi or hello? Like how? You are purely talking PUA now.

The interesting talk should come later after the hi and a small chit chat/intro.

Ignoring someone saying hi to your face is rude, never happened to me; but why would I want a such stuck up rude anyway. :p

In the US in a crowded bar where young people are there to meet the opposite sex, it's very common to ignore someone they don't want to talk to. They'll just turn around or walk away.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The first message has little impact on the outcome; as long it's not 'hey babe" and the like.

"Hi" is as bad as "hey babe". And I have been completely swooned by a first message that made the guy seem even more attractive. He was attractive enough and had an interesting profile but if he had only said "hi" I would most certainly not have replied.

Last edited by Yuzu on 25 Oct 2014, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.