Miami wants South Florida to seperate from Florida

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2014, 3:37 am

khaoz wrote:
No, I think a lot of posts in this forum should be placed in PPR to begin with.

I agree, that's why I request that they be moved when they turn into arguments better served by PPR.

khaoz wrote:
Ban me for expressing an opinion and not engaging in follow-up discourse?

You keep talking like there is some sort of conspiracy out to "silence" you, but if such a thing existed, and involved the mods as you repeatedly intimate, you'd simply have been banned, that was my point, not the specifics of why.

khaoz wrote:
Why am I not permitted to just post an opinion? Why is it mandated that I engage further? Other people were engaging between themselves, and no doubt it would have continued had it not be locked.

It's considered spamming, and you have a history of it, it wasn't just the one thread. Basically, you don't get to lob grenades into the forum and walk away from the carnage, that makes the forum sh***y and ruins the experience for everyone else. PPR is a debate forum, and if you're going to OP threads there, you have to actually stick around and defend them, or they're going to start getting locked or deleted. If you want to just post an opinion, you're welcome to do that in any of the threads, you're just not allowed to repeatedly start threads you have no intention in participating in.

khaoz wrote:
Just because I say something you don't like and then move on to other things does not mean I am "flame baiting." I had never even heard that term before I was accused of it on WP. I see a lot of things on here from other people that could fall into the "flame baiting" category as I understand the interpretation of the term from what I have seen here but I don't wish anyone banned because they say something in a way I don't like.

It has nothing to do with like or don't like, it has to do with numerous threads attacking a specific point of view that were notably light on content, and detracted from the forum by stirring up unnecessary strife and conflict, when you weren't even intending to argue with anyone, just hit and run. It would be like me posting fifteen 'liberals suck' threads that all just contain a link to a FOX news story, and a one line comment by me suggesting that anyone who doesn't see things my way is an idiot. Again, it has nothing to do with the specific views, it has everything to do with the effect on the forum and the intent behind it, as that is exactly what trolls do to cause trouble on that forum.

khaoz wrote:
I am not trying to "bait" anyone with anything I say here. Some things I just want to express an opinion on. I am not looking for responses or dialogue on everything I post.. When I feel the need to engage further, I do, if not, I don't. That does not mean I am baiting people. Do you think I never feel like I am being "baited" here? I have been warned for even mentioning that possibility, yet here people accuse me of doing it without any consequence at all. Sometimes I just want to get something off my chest. I thought that is what this site
is all about.

Again, you're free to comment in threads, it's the hit and run spamming that was not acceptable, and really, the site isn't for insulting people and running away, which is what a lot of your threads amounted to, regardless of how you want to characterize it.

khaoz wrote:
This constant arguing, debating, discussing, whatever term you want to use, that some members seem to feel addicted to, and would wish to make mandatory, I derive no pleasure from. Many times I post things here and never look at them again. Why do I have to engage just because some people find this stuff "sporting" and exhilarating? I don't get anything from all of this back and forth. I do not feel the need to elaborate on every syllable I see and compose, like some members seem to do. Many times I feel pressured to engage further because some other members are incapable of just responding and letting it go at that. I don't have to constantly have the "last say," like some folks do.

PPR is a debate forum, when you post there, the natural presumption is that you're there to debate; if you don't want to debate, don't post in PPR, pretty simple. I'm sure there is another website where you can unburden yourself of your need to insult people over political matters and not defend it, this just isn't the place for it.

khaoz wrote:
This place, of all places, should recognize that people have triggers, emotional issues and everything in between. An emotional or passionate post by someone should not be punished by all of these ridiculous mandates. I am not the only person on this site who has ever posted something just to get it out of their head. I have learned to recognize on this site the personalities which sometimes just need to vent and I have learned that to engage could possibly just exacerbate the situation. Why am I not afforded the same courtesy? Why is it if I vent sometimes I am accused of "baiting?"

Imagine an epileptic person on a bus having a seizure, flailing about and hitting people; it's not his fault, but he's causing harm to others, and needs to be restrained; that's the purpose of the rules here, to keep people from getting hurt, even if the ones doing the hurting don't mean anything by it. WP is a support site, but that only goes so far, and supporting your need to belittle political opponents and walk away is a bridge too far.

khaoz wrote:
Why does this site not accommodate the manifestations of mental disorders when the whole concept of this site is to be an outlet for people who are wired differently.

It does, to a point, you're just past it.

khaoz wrote:
I would never call for you, or anyone else on this site to be banished simply because I do not like what they say, no matter how much we disagree

Again, the content of your posts had nothing to to with it, it's the personal attacks and spamming that has gotten you in trouble and resulted in your threads being locked.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2014, 6:52 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Literally 0 chance of happening, states can't be created from other states. The Florida legislature and the US congress would have to vote on it.

Not at all true. The US Congress has no legal standing in the matter. Many states already have law codes concerning segregation and separation of their states into pieces. Secondly, it is possible for such a decision to be placed in a popular vote.

Nonsense.

The US Constitution expressly forbids "the creation of new states within the juristiction of existing states".

There was one, and only one, exception ever allowed in US history to date.

A group of angry counties in the mountains of virginia banded together to secede from Virginia as the new state of "Kanawha", and were finnally admitted to the Union as the state of "West Virginia", but that was allowed because Virginia itsself had just seceded from the Union and joined the Southern Conferacy in the Civil War (and breakaway West Virginia was rejoining the North as part of the Union).

Congress had to approve even that.

And any new break up of states would also involve either amending (or atleast somehow overriding) the U.S. Constitution. Which would involve getting a supermajority in Congress.