Regarding Alcohol, marijuana and similar substances

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

lunamoon1
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Oct 2014, 6:05 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
I'm underage, but I do occasionally brew mildly alcoholic beverages. I am attracted to alcohol, I wish I could get a better supply of it, but I have to wait another few months for that so I can legally buy it (stupid laws! I can potentially fly planes, drive cars, own guns, buy and take about two dozen different kinds of legal highly hallucinogenic drugs, and I can join the military. But somehow alcohol is more dangerous than all of that combined.) I can't even buy the Sake I use to make Salad Dressing at the moment...

I'm from England and and I feel you. Like I'm legally allowed to have my own child, yet I'm not allowed to drink? Don't see the logic at all in these laws.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
buy and take about two dozen different kinds of legal highly hallucinogenic drugs...

so your saying there are approx. 24 kinds of LEGAL hallucinogens???? 8O 8O 8O

which ones are you referring to specifically? ie name names please

idk where you live but afaik they are basically ALL illegal

Awiddershinlife
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm

r2d2 wrote:
I'm wondering - how attracted people on the Spectrum are to alcohol, marijuana and similar substances. It seems to me that most people on the spectrum spend a lot of time "in their own world." Alcohol, marijuana and similar substances seem to facilitate that to a degree. Also, most people on the Spectrum have serious anxiety issue which might find temporary relief from alcohol, marijuana and other similar substances.

I go in spurts. Alcohol, marijuana, even cocaine have served a purpose (but not downers like opiates - which I know from experience are not helpful to me) for me. But they are short lived. They get me through a rough patch then are dropped. I think addiction is not in my repertoire of weaknesses, but drugs can be helpful in the short term. If they become long term then one must get free from them.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 10:19 pm

slave wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:
buy and take about two dozen different kinds of legal highly hallucinogenic drugs...

This is of course, in America, I don't know about other countries
Off the top of my head, there is:
Salvinorin A - While Salvia Divinorum is illegal in a small minority of states, the chemical in the plant that actually gets you high is legal almost everywhere (except maybe Deleware).
Most people think it is unpleasant, but it has very unique hallucinations that tend to be geometrical. This is the most powerful naturally occurring hallucinogen.

Wikipedia has a nice list of legal highs - Link
Quite a few on the list of hallucinogenic properties. The page doesn't really tell you much about the laws, you have to do a bit of research. And just because it isn't under the Psychodelic subtitle, doesn't mean it isn't hallucinogenic.

Peyote is legal in America as long as you smoke it in a Native American Church. You don't have to be native American or a member of the church, you just need to be inside the building.

I know quite a few not on that list that may be a bit more dangerous...
For example, smoking Holly, the wood or the leaves can cause hallucinations... it's also toxic.
All types of Mint have a hallucinogenic chemical in them, that can be extracted and that chemical is also legal.
Morning Glory has hallucinogenic properties (in the seeds, but watch out for pesticides that often coat them.)
Nutmeg has two hallucinogenic chemicals in it.
You can also get things like "Space Trip" that can mimic drugs.

Also, you could also play Tetris a lot until you develop a condition of hallucinating tetris combinations. This is known as the "Tetris Effect." Tetris can also be used medicinally and is shown to cause significant boosts to critical thinking, reasoning, language and processing cognitive functions.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 10:40 pm

Nope, none, - no interest at all.
Apparently the mechanism in me that fuels chemical rewards in the brain just does not function right with me.
Whenever tried, the effects were not desirable at all.

Those things can and do lower what we call inhibitions, which can directly be linked to anxiety, but come with several other bad side-effects, making the option unacceptable for me.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 10:45 pm

I'm a heavy marijuana smoker - have been for almost 25 years. I used to have a lot of trouble with alcohol, but not so much since I started taking Seroquel.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Oct 2014, 11:10 pm

I've had very few mixed drinks in my life. It's just not something I crave. I tried a beer once or twice, and I do not like the taste at all. As for wine or champagne, again I do not like the taste. I have no desire for alcohol.

As for Marijuana and other substances, I have never tried them, nor do I have any desire to try them. I have never even touched a cigarette or tobacco. Again, I have no desire to.

When I need to relieve stress or anxiety, I work with my special intense interests, or I find a cozy and quiet place to relax awhile.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

24 Oct 2014, 11:28 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
slave wrote:
Protogenoi wrote:

This is of course, in America, I don't know about other countries
Off the top of my head, there is:
Salvinorin A - While Salvia Divinorum is illegal in a small minority of states, the chemical in the plant that actually gets you high is legal almost everywhere (except maybe Deleware).
Most people think it is unpleasant, but it has very unique hallucinations that tend to be geometrical. This is the most powerful naturally occurring hallucinogen.

Wikipedia has a nice list of legal highs - Link

Thank you for answering.
i had no idea the extent of it.
i think people like me who don't know anything about it should just keep a safe distance.

GlennBecksTears
Raven
Raven

25 Oct 2014, 2:14 am

For me anyway, I find alcohol to be the king of anxiety meds.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2014, 2:48 am

MadHatterMatador wrote:
Alcohol certainly helps my anxiety a lot, as do cigarettes, but marijuana makes it even worse, and emphasizes them beyond oblivion. Maybe I just take too much or something.

There are over 150 different cannabinoids. THC is merely one of them and excessive amounts of it in the absence of enough CBD and DHC can do just what you said. In your case I might recommend an indica or indica dominant hybrid specimen, just look it up and you can plainly see, and then smell the difference if someone can show you both a sativa specimen and an indica specimen.

Also, after just a few times your body may grow accustomed to it and more likely than not your experience will be much more pleasant. This is because of the endo-cannabinoid receptors in your brain that are there processing these chemicals that are already produced naturally inside your body. Unlike other substances foreign to the body, such as nicotine, CBD and DHC are produced naturally and both are actually important in regulating mood and appetite.

You may notice once your experience has normalized more that you feel calm but your heart rate is slightly elevated. It is merely a symptom of the euphoric, entheogenically aroused mental state. Also more often than not people have anxiety because of second thoughts, perceived consequences, and so on and so forth. Some are more susceptible than others to letting their minds run wild with unhealthy tangents when their psyche is a bit more open to suggestion. As for myself I've never experienced anxiety aside from a bit of jitters with sativa buds, and I've found it quite easy to instead supply myself with positive suggestions in this more open mental state. It merely takes some practice in self control and you wouldn't believe some of the wonders you could do with your mind given a healthy, not abusive, dose of an entheogenic substance. For me it just opens my psyche up to suggestion like I said, and I supply the rest of the experience myself.

MarcusSolaris
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2014, 4:51 am

tetris wrote:
I hate the taste of alcohol. I also do nothing illegal so don't go near cannabis etc.

I too dislike the taste of alcohol, and how sick it makes me feel if I consume large quantities of it. It has been quite a while since I have consumed any alcohol.

I too do nothing illegal, so I consume large quantities of marijuana.

Noodle1331
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

25 Oct 2014, 9:50 am

I don't smoke cigarettes but I did try it for a little while. It was disgusting and I honestly don't know why people do it, I also never felt the need to smoke them again. I got drunk once ( not too drunk) and it was horrible, not that I got sick or anything but the small amount of self-control i have was demolished. I also did start smoking pot pretty regularly over the last year and summer, I found it made my anxiety and SPD worst, i stopped completely when one time i took too big of a hit and had a breakdown that lasted about 4 hours and i almost passed out. I tried acid once and it was.... an interesting experience...first i was really horny and then i became depressed and felt like s**t when it was over ( there were also more long term side effects, about a week later i became suicidal for no reason, and i still cant stare at patterns as long as i could before without them going wavy). But i've always wanted to try DMT, Shrooms and eventually when im older, go to Peru and have a ayahuasca ceremony. All the interest i've had in illegal drugs was mostly in search of a spiritual experience. im not religious but i guess i could kinda be called a hippy, Pantheist or new age spiritual.

senecafox
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Oct 2014, 12:43 pm

Alcohol= I like it for socializing, dancing, or wine on occasions. I tend to feel a lot more sick the next day compared to most people even if we drink the same amount though so on that side it's undesirable at times. It has to be worth it.

Marijuana= I like it in small groups of familiar people. I prefer it to alcohol or anything else. I do get anxiety sometimes but because I am familiar with it, I know it will be go away in a few minutes/know how to deal with it. It's not like out of control anxiety for the whole night.... it lasts like 5 or 10 minutes then after that everything is good.

MDMA= Don't like it. Only tried it once but it wasn't what I expected. I don't think it affected me right. They say people with high functioning autism can benefit from this, but I didn't feel any love or empathy for people. I felt annoyed by people and like I had to get out of the place I was in because there were just too many people and I couldn't breathe and was over heating (the place really does need more air flow). I felt sort of anxious even though it's supposed to have the opposite effect. I had a really low dose so this could be why. I guess I felt slightly more talkative but it wasn't how I expected. I didn't feel like dancing or anything. Plus it's something where you don't know all the ingredients in it, people have randomly died from taking it because they had an underlying condition or it was a batch of something else, you have to drink a lot of water so you don't get dehydrated and die, but not too much water so you don't drown internally and die, blah blah blah it's too much drama. If it was really good it might be worth the death anxiety, but it's so not...

Cigarettes= never tried, never cared to.

Caffeine= yessss

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

Alcohol = makes me feel like I have to pee all the time and I get acid reflux from it

Cigarettes = never tried and don't care too, don't mind the smell of my mom's smokes though, which I know sounds terrible

Marijuana = cannot use it due to my medications and have never tried

Benzodiazepines = helpful since I'm prescribed a couple of them.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2014, 12:51 pm

I rarely drink any more. I've had a handful of drinks in the last year. I do smoke a bit of weed, though - about a 1/4 a month I'd say. I enjoy it more than alcohol + it's healthier. And it's cheaper, too. I used to smoke more when my anxiety levels were high, but now I don't really need it for that very much (although it does help w/ what little anxiety I do still have or get) - I just have a toke because I enjoy it. The only times I smoke more than just 2-3 tokes are when I'm smoking with other people, so probably about once a week or so. But still, my total consumption is around a 1/4 a month or so.

Cryptex
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Oct 2014, 7:36 pm

I hate cigarettes and marijuana. I just can't stand the smell + it makes me cough. Never tried it, and never will.
I like to drink beer sometimes. Never been drunk, and I try to never be

Offtopic: I avoid medication as much as possible, and I hope my body heals without it. Only if it's very important I will take them. I also never believe my doctor. The last time I got ill was three years ago though :).