Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

HereBeDragons
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2014, 3:38 pm

SpirosD wrote:
I'm going to get rocks thrown at me, but I've always been more of a DC person, I prefer the DC universe, but I'm very skeptical about what they are doing with their universe on the upcoming Batman Vs Superman where they are going to introduce everyone. Dumb approach.

They want to be different. Marvel has now blazed the trail of introducing popular characters and then making a giant sort-of crossover with Avengers. DC wants to find another path to the same destination: a popular, money-making franchise.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 3:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
@ Walrus: While I do agree about MARVEL having difficulties fitting a future Punisher movie into the MCU, it would be great to see a Punisher cameo in a future MCU movie. {Avengers 3, maybe?} Lions Gate did a poor job handling the previous Punisher movies, so that's why I mentioned why MARVEL should have shopped the Punisher film rights to other studios. As for who should play Frank Castle in a future Punisher movie, it should be someone who could fit the role well. {Dwayne Johnson?}

If it's Johnson, I can hear the racists howling now!

Another way MARVEL can fit the Frank Castle character into the MCU is by making him a new character on Agents of SHIELD and as a SHIELD agent.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2014, 3:19 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
@ Walrus: While I do agree about MARVEL having difficulties fitting a future Punisher movie into the MCU, it would be great to see a Punisher cameo in a future MCU movie. {Avengers 3, maybe?} Lions Gate did a poor job handling the previous Punisher movies, so that's why I mentioned why MARVEL should have shopped the Punisher film rights to other studios. As for who should play Frank Castle in a future Punisher movie, it should be someone who could fit the role well. {Dwayne Johnson?}

If it's Johnson, I can hear the racists howling now!

Another way MARVEL can fit the Frank Castle character into the MCU is by making him a new character on Agents of SHIELD and as a SHIELD agent.

Or an agent gone rogue - which would almost be an oxymoron, as SHIELD is an outlaw organization now.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Oct 2014, 4:45 pm

I just don't think Punisher would transition to screen well at all.

As I said, I don't think Marvel will make the mistake of selling rights again after how they've been burned on Spidey, X-Men, Deadpool and the Fantastic Four. It's best if they keep the rights for themselves so they have full control over the characters and can use them however they like. Just my opinion, of course.

I think the most realistic role for a toned-down Punisher is in The Defenders as a reoccurring character.

EnglishJess
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 12:22 pm

I caught up on all the films this year, and I really need to get round to watching Agents of SHIELD, but college and my boyfriend and other shows and just me being me are all getting in the way =(

CaptainRogersFan
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Dec 2014, 7:54 pm

My Rankings

1. The Avengers :heart:
2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier :D
3. Iron Man 3 :)
4. Guardians of the Galaxy 8)
5. Thor: The Dark World :wink:
6. Captain America: The First Avenger
7. Iron Man 2
8. Thor
9. Iron Man
10 The Incredible Hulk

wolf254
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2015, 9:45 pm

It looks like Punisher could be introduced in Season 2 of Marvel's Daredevil on Netflix. That would make for a really interesting dynamic, especially since they have a history of clashing in the comics. I am a huge fan of the MCU - both the movies and the various series that they are coming out with. I really like what they are doing on Netflix, making things a lot more dark and gritty (and mature), which is what makes it a perfect outlet to introduce Frank Castle.

For those of you who are not aware, Marvel is releasing multiple series on Netflix. The first one is Daredevil, which already has Season 1 out. Next we will be seeing Jessica Jones, followed by Luke Cage, and then Iron fist. After that they are all going to cross over for a mini-series, titled The Defenders.

I'm also really curious about how Daisy Johnson is going to factor into the wider universe. I suspect Marvel has big plans for her.

My favorite part of the MCU is how everything ties together, and how they drop hints and easter eggs throughout each installment. I love shows and movies that I can analyze, and the MCU is giving me what I love every step of the way.

catherinewalker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Aug 2015, 3:33 am

I've been a Marvel guy since I was a kid, and will be till I go to my grave!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2015, 12:59 pm

catherinewalker wrote:
I've been a Marvel guy since I was a kid, and will be till I go to my grave!

Me too, absolutely! :D