Has anyone ever fallen out of love with ....music !?

Page 3 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 5:21 pm

No progress made on this matter other than realising the moment I "switched off" and the reason why .... I don't really know hiw to switch back on though .

So as i said , no progress really :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 5:24 pm

If you listen to a little Johann Strauss, at least some enthusiasm for music will return, IMHO.

Also...some Baroque-type music is nice, too. Especially the pieces with the harpsichord.

Dr. Ruth Westheimer had a show once which featured Baroque music within its opening theme.

Jules_Bonnot_1912
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

31 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

Impossible ...

I hear music all the time ... that's why I was able to work as printer: the presses are the rhythm section ... I just had to sing along.

At one place I worked a guy sang also ... you could hear him three large halls away!

SpaceAgeBushRanger
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Dec 2014, 11:26 pm

My dad has autistic tendencies, and he really doesn't like any music.

For example, if I'm visiting him and I'm playing any sort of music on the CD player he will likely turn down the volume.

I think he has sound sensitives. He once had to stand outside a wedding reception to hear himself. That still doesn't account for his distaste of music.

I can grow to loathe specific genres or songs if I'm exposed to them too often. That Happy song by Pharrell Williams is a mild example.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm

SpaceAgeBushRanger wrote:

For example, if I'm visiting him and I'm playing any sort of music on the CD player he will likely turn down the volume.

I think he has sound sensitives. He once had to stand outside a wedding reception to hear himself. That still doesn't account for his distaste of music.

I can grow to loathe specific genres or songs if I'm exposed to them too often. That Happy song by Pharrell Williams is a mild example.

Funnily enough , Happy by Pharrall is probably my fave pop track of all time , I used to wait until everyone had left the house and play it loudly on repeat ! !! I tried It the other day and it left me cold:(

Incidentally I recently had a eureka moment when I realised what triggered this hatred of music , I know the reason and the second it happened , I just correct the fault :(

LilZebra
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Jan 2015, 12:19 am

redrobin62 wrote:
I've been a musician for years so, not only did I buy and listen to music, but I made it as well. About 2 years ago I went into a deep depression where not even music could cheer me up. I stopped listening for a few months and either simply watched TV or slept. I suppose my depression prevented me from enjoying myself. These days I'm on medication so I'm back to listening to music. I missed it and glad to have it back.

A deep depression is called "A Dark Night of the Soul". There is a book with that title.

noodler
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2015, 1:44 am

I find it hard to get myself to listen to music sometimes. It's like a chore for some reason. I'm getting so that I only listen to music I've already heard and like. I love metal, but listening to new stuff gives me anxiety sometimes. Whereas listening to stuff I pretty much know by heart calms me. I listen to a lot of 80's pop music. I wasn't teenage until the 90's and the 80's stuff just kind of takes me back to a time before mental illness popped in. My parents were constantly playing the pop stations and buying 80's music when I was a kid. We listened to stuff from the oldies station countdown tonight before new year and had a great time. Oldies is now 70's and 80's music, so I know I'm getting old.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 3:46 pm

I managed to sit through a Sky Arts concert yesterday , it was an alternative/ modern version of Vivaldi's Four Seasons with Nigel Kennedy .
It kinda intrigued me rather than entertained me though some would't class it as enjoyment . I am very familiar with that piece of music and was interested to see what he did with it . Wasn't too impressed with all the fancy jazz bits he'd included tbh.

So still just listening to talk/ chat radio ....

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 3:52 pm

I recently started getting into Trance and found some really terrific songs but listened to them so many times I got sick of them. In fact, I got sick of listening to music all together in favour of quiet solitude. I've since found a peace in silence that I've not known before.

Sometimes it's nice to just sit in silence!

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 6:56 pm

I didn't listen to too much music except for a little bit of Punk here and there during my Dark Period.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 7:00 pm

Music is one of my obsessions and passions; I listen to literal hundreds of new albums a year, collect vinyl and actively seek out obscure bands and albums from the past and work with and/or perform in about a half-dozen bands. If I just stopped listening to music entirely I'd probably have a nervous breakdown.

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jan 2015, 1:16 pm

Music is an obsession of mine, I don't think I could ever fall out of love with music. I listen to it all the time I'm on the computer (Including while I write this), or when I'm in the car.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 4:50 am

No progress :(

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 4:54 am

SpaceAgeBushRanger wrote:

See I used to love that song and played it on repeat very loudly .... such a uplifting song IMHO.
It just leaves me cold now :(

Bustduster
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jan 2015, 9:11 am

Music is my aspie special interest - always has been and most likely always will be. Nonetheless there are periods when I don't feel like listening to it, usually if I'm overwhelmed, anxious or tired.

I suspect that the anti-depressants I'm on have flattened my enjoyment of it to some extent too, as I very rarely find myself memorizing song titles, composer credits, etc. like I used to. I've had difficulty writing songs since I started taking the particular med I'm on now too. I suppose psych meds are always a dual-edged sword in the sense that only the person taking them can decide whether it's worth trading the highs for the lows.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 5:07 pm

Yes. I don't like music nearly as much as I used to. I do not love t now, like I did when I was younger.