FOX's reaction to woman's 10-hour experiment

Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

wittgenstein wrote:
Interesting! Please name those issues you side with Democrats and against Republicans.

That would take a while, but the major ones would be pro gay rights, pro choice, anti-war, anti-drug war, pro-criminal justice reform, pro social safety net, and against religion informing politics.

I agree with the GOP on limited business regulations, low taxes, gun rights, small government (though I don't believe them on it), being against all public sector unions, and certain religious freedom aspects, e.g. I don't think you should be able to force a business owner to violate their beliefs.

I'm on my own when it comes to my absolute belief in free speech, the extent I'd like to shrink the government, my desire to curb law enforcement powers across the board, opening the boarders, completely free trade, and a number of other issues where I'm not really covered by either party.

wittgenstein wrote:
PS: See my signature and its video,I LOVE DEBATE! :D Feel free to insult,rant and gaslight me. I will turn that to my advantage! I will emerge from the debate clean and vindicated and only you will have the mud you threw on your face. :D

I don't do any of those things, some people simply see bullies everywhere and make things up when they can't handle being challenged on their core assumptions.

Last edited by Dox47 on 04 Nov 2014, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

04 Nov 2014, 12:34 pm

^^^^ Your ideas seem quite sound and balanced, Dox: I'm with you on most of the above, except for one issue: gun rights, as many (by no means all) people who have them may not be fit to have them. I'm not American but it appears to be too easy to get a gun and you should have to undergo extensive capability and mental health tests before being allowed to have one.

I'm glad you think independently and don't just toe a party line on everything. That's the spirit!

I am glad that on WP we can generally discuss things logically and without resorting to the name calling and useless debate I see when I occasionally bother to read comments on NT news sites.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2014, 2:48 pm

envirozentinel wrote:
^^^^ Your ideas seem quite sound and balanced, Dox: I'm with you on most of the above, except for one issue: gun rights, as many (by no means all) people who have them may not be fit to have them. I'm not American but it appears to be too easy to get a gun and you should have to undergo extensive capability and mental health tests before being allowed to have one.

Eh, I think you might change your mind if you studied the issue a bit, we had much less crime when you could mail order guns out of catalogs or buy one over the counter at the hardware store, crime is driven by external factors, not firearms access, and if you're outside America you're probably just not used to having them around. That's the real problem with arguing that subject, I've got a degree and over a decade of experience, while most of the people who try and argue with me often have no experience with firearms and won't even bother to minimally educate themselves, so I end up having to do all the work of disproving the same old claims over and over again, when it's easier and faster simply to attack the credibility of the people making the claims.

envirozentinel wrote:
I'm glad you think independently and don't just toe a party line on everything. That's the spirit!

Glad to see someone else recognize it, the partisans on this site can't seem to comprehend independent thinking and assume that any criticism of their "side" is motivated by support for the other "side", so I also have to waste a lot of my time here repeatedly explaining, often to the same people, that I'm non-partisan and don't get my ideas in sets.

envirozentinel wrote:
I am glad that on WP we can generally discuss things logically and without resorting to the name calling and useless debate I see when I occasionally bother to read comments on NT news sites.

I don't know if I'd go that far, I mean I think it's better here than a lot of other sites, but I put that down as much to the moderation policies as I do to this being an AS site, I think the effect of that is more interesting and offbeat interpretations of things rather than a more rational approach to debate, as can be seen earlier in the thread.