Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

So tonight I went to my first concert! I've never been to one before because most of the artists I listen to are retired or passed on and I didn't think (still do) my hyper-sensitive ears could handle the noise and volume. The concert was not for rock, pop, country, or anything like that, but was for music from 15th century England and Scotland performed by Parthenia. The music they performed was from a newly released album that they recorded at my school in the very concert hall I attended it at (the 98-99% acoustics in the concert hall was the reason they recorded it at my school). This was also the first time that this particular kind of music was ever recorded and the concert was the first ever live performance of it! I bought the album and another one to commemorate my first concert. :D

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm

glad things turned out so well and you had a good time.

CloverDiamond5
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Nov 2014, 9:49 pm

Good for you! The first concert with any volume (besides going to primary school in the 70's) I went to was Larry Gowan at the University, with friends. We sat/stood up front. I think one of the guys wore ear plugs but after we all complained about ringing in our ears.
For me the ringing went away after two days! Thereafter at concerts I stayed back from the stage.

-CD5

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm

Right on! 8)

I'm glad you had a good time. :)

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

03 Nov 2014, 4:23 pm

Thank you everybody! :) It really was quite an experience, hearing those historic, granted reproduction, instruments, and that kind of music which was never performed live before in that concert hall with the amazing acoustics it has. What I love about this music and classical in general is that it is music that has stood the test of time and is still popular after the hundreds of years since it was written and will continue to live on into the future.