Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gavrod
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2004, 7:53 am

8) Hi, My name is Gavin I live in Melbourne, Australia which has a population of about 4 million people.I am 34 years old.Four years ago I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, I have no friends and have never had a girlfriend in my life. As for my interests, I like reading non-fiction books particularly with facts and figures, I also enjoy my time on the computer using the Internet and playing computer games as well. I also like movies, I've probably seen the The Great Escape with Steve McQueen fifty times, and like most people I'm looking forward to the first Star Wars trilogy coming out on DVD in September. The weather is pretty cold here at the moment, as we entered winter a few weeks ago. Although for some of you out there, the weather would be quite warm. I am hopefully looking to hearing from someone out there like myself.
Cheers
Gavin

alex
Developer
Developer

24 Jun 2004, 8:52 am

Welcome to WrongPlanet.net! How did you find our site, by the way?

gavrod wrote:
I also enjoy my time on the computer using the Internet and playing computer games as well.

What are your favorite games?

Enjoy the site! I hope we will be seeing you more in the time to come!

gavrod
Raven
Raven

24 Jun 2004, 9:06 pm

:) Hi Alex, how are things in Charlottesville? Well I pretty much stumbled over the site by accident, surfing the net. Once I entered, I thought this looks pretty good, so I joined up! As for my favourite games, I really enjoy stuff like The Sims, Simcity 4, and a lot of real time strategy games like Age of Empires 2 or Age Of Mythology, and I even have Links 2003 a great golf game by Microsoft. I'm very impressed with the site and looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully some other people soon!

Best Regards
Gavin

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Jun 2004, 8:03 am

gavrod wrote:
:) Hi Alex, how are things in Charlottesville? Well I pretty much stumbled over the site by accident, surfing the net. Once I entered, I thought this looks pretty good, so I joined up! As for my favourite games, I really enjoy stuff like The Sims, Simcity 4, and a lot of real time strategy games like Age of Empires 2 or Age Of Mythology, and I even have Links 2003 a great golf game by Microsoft. I'm very impressed with the site and looking forward to hearing from you and hopefully some other people soon!

Best Regards
Gavin

Things are great here in Charlottesville! SimCity 4 has awesome graphics and is very fun. Also, I spent many hours playing Age of Mythology and Age of Empires 2. I've noticed that Aspies seem to love real-time strategy games and simulation games. If you haven't already, check out warcraft III. Its pretty sweet! :D

Taineyah
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jun 2004, 3:28 pm

Personally, I find turn-based RPGs and the like to be better than the strategy games, but that's probably because I haven't encountered many fantasy strategy games. I liked the Sims for awhile, but it was on my bf's comp and he accidentally killed my family, so I got frustrated. My favourite game is Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance for Xbox.

Gavin, You're lucky to live in Australia! I hear that the stars there are really beautiful!

Brent
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2004, 7:12 pm

Hello! Just joined the forum. I've visited Melbourne a few times, and loved it! Unfortuantely, my place of residence is BrisBane, that quasi-city that's still a hotbed of bigotry, despite any of that "Smart State" rhetoric. However, amidst the cretinous, mind-numbing dumburbia, there are some havens of acceptance. One of those is the local support network, which includes an adult-Aspie group. Currently I volunteer for their head office every Friday.

alex
Developer
Developer

25 Jun 2004, 7:15 pm

Brent wrote:
Hello! Just joined the forum. I've visited Melbourne a few times, and loved it! Unfortuantely, my place of residence is BrisBane, that quasi-city that's still a hotbed of bigotry, despite any of that "Smart State" rhetoric. However, amidst the cretinous, mind-numbing dumburbia, there are some havens of acceptance. One of those is the local support network, which includes an adult-Aspie group. Currently I volunteer for their head office every Friday.

Welcome!

Arlen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Jul 2004, 12:58 am

Brent wrote:

I was just having a rant about brisvegas exactly along those lines this morning.... What's with it with the street names - can't they come up with anything original? oxford st, george st, brunswick st, aaarggghhhh. It tries so hard, but doesn't have the soul to be a melbourne. My problem is that there is a severe lack of multiculturalism. Uncle Tonys Kebabs??? a smear on the great lebanese/turkish/greek invention. The first thing I missed in queensland, were the books.... smart state? smarting from ignorance more like it. but yes - queensland autism support rocks!~

thedarkdoom000
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jul 2004, 3:58 pm

gavrod wrote:

Best Regards
Gavin

I like AoM, but I haven't played it lately, oh well, I am really bad at it anyway.

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2004, 10:44 pm

G'Day There :D

I'd like to say that I'm from further down-under than all of you! Mind you, the rest of the world has no knowledge of New Zealand; for all intents and purposes, we are Australian. I love Australia and would very much like New Zealand to become one of its states. What do you dinkee dee Aussies reckon to that prospect?

Cheers Greg 8O

gavrod
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2004, 1:28 am

G'Day Greg :)

Well, New Zealand is a great country with great scenery and holiday spots, although I've never been there and hopefully I may go there at some time in the future. I'm sure all the Kiwis living here in Australia must be a bit homesick. As for New Zealand becoming another state of Australia, well it may happen one day, although the main disadvantage to us Aussies is we will have one less team to beat in the cricket.

Cheers Gavin :lol:

Last edited by gavrod on 15 Jul 2004, 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2004, 1:47 am

Hi Gavin :D

You'd be most welcome in NZ! You're right about the cricket thing! That's one con for amalgamating our two countries. Also, it wouldn't be possible for us to wallop you guys in the Rugby on Saturday night if we were a single nation :wink: . GO THE ALL BLACKS :!: :!::!::!:

Good onyou mate

Greg

TyroneShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Jul 2004, 1:49 am

Hi Again Gavin

I believe there are almost as many Kiwis living in Australia as there are living in New Zealand!

I aspire to live there too, one day!

"Waltzing Matilda"

ilster
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2004, 3:41 am

Some of our best exports are really kiwis that us aussies have adopted as our own!

gavrod
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2004, 6:57 am

You're totally right ilster. From Russell Crowe onwards(the list is too big to mention) famous Kiwis tend to start off unknown and when they make it big here we Aussies tend to claim them as our own.

Yeah! I don't know the exact number of Kiwis living here, but it must be in the many hundreds of thousands.

Elfie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

15 Jul 2004, 7:12 am

Another New Zealander here :D.