In between levels groups of autism/ my level of functioning

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm

It's a long story but I've been in lower functioning autistic and seen classes with so called higher functioning autistic except I haven't seen the higher functioning when I heard they do multiplication and not much more work I can't qualify for Opwdd. I am starting home in a hospital today i've been hospitalized three times for psychiatric Resons but still feel like I don't belong with that either regular kids are nice but they're not like me I haven't tried the aspie kids if any but I feel they're too high functioning now when I go back to school I used to be in honers English class and one collage link social studiesin 10th grade and my family is parading it around Like I'm a genius her one class and exaggerating but now I declined I don't think I can do the work at that level . I haveto college link classes does the college and high school work and if you get 80 or above gives you credit

I want to get a regular diploma because the regions I don't know if I can everyone is practically begging me to get it and I want to get it I am diagnosed as autism spectrum disorder level 2 and because of my parents the Denial and encouragement I am lacking a place where I can go to program but people think I'm higher than I am or I think I'm. Lower than I am. Currently I stat home and hospital tomorrow it does not work out Day treatment program and another school which I feel like I do not belong in I just want to go back to my school.

I don't want to disappoint them think I am too low functioning and too sick to get a job and be in college which is not what I want to go to college and I want to get the region a.k.a. Regular Depalma and I want to be like regular kids. i'm not like other kids physically or mentally

I'm currently unable to do work but we'll see how this teaching is going.
Because of my newfound awareness of autism I am reluctant to be iim a place where kids don't know about their autism also because of the Denial from my family partially convincing doctors and even from me that's my autism is nothing

I think the whole hospital changed me and I don't like it at all are you still be all awesome and innocent and I'm wonderful but now it's all serious and I don't want to be depressing. I want you back my old bubbly self Who loved autism and my program.

When I was younger I was like the kids in my program and the kids of my old camp were higher functioning and me and knew about their disability and only physical usually not developmental.

This is all I have to say for now I'm too tired. To write more. But any of you felt the same way?

Last edited by jenisautistic on 05 Nov 2014, 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 5:11 pm

I think attempting to separate autism into levels is a flawed method of understanding it. It's understandable to try to objectively measure and grade it, but using levels overlooks that different people have different levels of impairments in different categories.

Two people within the bracket 'high-functioning' might be described at different 'parts' of that category, but it's not always true that one will be overall 'worse' affected than the other, they will be differently impaired in different ways. That's not to try to suggest that some people aren't overall more severely impacted, but even in those cases, they may not be as severely affected in every element as someone who's overall less affected.

Basically, autism is like a big buffet. We've all been given plates loaded up with different sized servings of a wide-variety of dishes. Our plates are all filled to differing degrees, with different amounts of the available items. No two plates are identical.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

nyxjord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 5:33 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Basically, autism is like a big buffet. We've all been given plates loaded up with different sized servings of a wide-variety of dishes. Our plates are all filled to differing degrees, with different amounts of the available items. No two plates are identical.

Spot on. It's definitely a mixed bag. Not everyone will be great at everything that Autie's are "suppost" to be.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

In-between mild and moderate (borderline moderate) autism is what I might have. Too severe for mild autism (with Level 1) but not enough for Level 2...my support needs are in-between too. Lower functioning - including adaptive skills, social skills, etc.