police arrest 90 year old vet for feeding homeless

Page 3 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 1:08 am

yeah, how could I forget about him? god BLESS that man! he was the original GM whistle blower ["roger and me"].

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 2:59 pm

auntblabby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
http://www.care2.com/causes/police-arrested-this-90-year-old-for-feeding-the-homeless.html

what a topsy turvy nation we've become, when do-gooders are punished but evildoers [towns that pass anti-homelessness laws] are rewarded.
?If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.? - Charles Darwin

Kinda reminds me of Talmudic descriptions of Sodom and Gomorrah, where charity was punishable by death.

why do you think those cities punished the poor?

According to the old jewish folk tales and the Talmud the people in these cites made a great effort to pervert the law. They had a team of judges who task was to misapply the law. The old jewish texts suggest that the worst sins of these cities were not sexual in nature but instead their hatred of the stranger and their nasty behaviours. (http://www.israel-a-history-of.com/sodo ... 3E%3C/u%3E)

Like when the people of the city found a girl giving bread to a begger they smeared her with honey and left her to be attacked fatally by the bees.... <sarcasm>Oh what a charming bunch of people</sarcasm>

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 2:22 am

Woodpecker wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
http://www.care2.com/causes/police-arrested-this-90-year-old-for-feeding-the-homeless.html
what a topsy turvy nation we've become, when do-gooders are punished but evildoers [towns that pass anti-homelessness laws] are rewarded.
?If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin.? - Charles Darwin

Kinda reminds me of Talmudic descriptions of Sodom and Gomorrah, where charity was punishable by death.

why do you think those cities punished the poor?

According to the old jewish folk tales and the Talmud the people in these cites made a great effort to pervert the law. They had a team of judges who task was to misapply the law. The old jewish texts suggest that the worst sins of these cities were not sexual in nature but instead their hatred of the stranger and their nasty behaviours. (http://www.israel-a-history-of.com/sodo ... 3E%3C/u%3E)
Like when the people of the city found a girl giving bread to a begger they smeared her with honey and left her to be attacked fatally by the bees.... <sarcasm>Oh what a charming bunch of people</sarcasm>

IMHO what America is sowing will lead it to reap a whirlwind sooner than we think. the anti-charitable people seem to be multiplying faster than the charitable people. I don't believe it will end well.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 7:53 pm

AntDog wrote:
I wonder if Anonymous is going to strike again like they did with Orlando a few years back. :lol:

Anonymous has struck Fort Lauderdale! Perfect timing for Cyber Attack on Cyber Monday. :roll:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fort ... d-27292093

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm

http://www.mynews13.com/content/news/cf ... g_ban.html
A judge has suspended the ban on feeding the homeless.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 5:32 pm

AntDog wrote:

thank God! I wonder what that city council is gonna do now? hope they get voted out before long.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
AntDog wrote:

thank God! I wonder what that city council is gonna do now? hope they get voted out before long.

Nah, they're constituents will reelect them, you just watch. After all, those council members were just reflecting the will of the people who put them in office. For real change, there has to be a change in the voters' hearts.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 5:47 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
AntDog wrote:

Nah, they're constituents will reelect them, you just watch. After all, those council members were just reflecting the will of the people who put them in office. For real change, there has to be a change in the voters' hearts.

yeah, somebody needs to cook them with fava beans. ;) bad joke, but I suspect the change in their hearts will have to come by force. after all, if it were strictly up to the people there would still likely be jim crow and all the rest.

Awilder
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 4:43 pm

Honestly, I can't see how doing something honorable and thoughtful more or less tends to be seen as a criminal offense..It's absurd that such things would be perceived as such but, it is..
Sincerely, if I was the homeless person I'd be simply gracious for another individual actually showing some kindness..

We are like the wind,
Wrapped, luminous wind,
We make a road for the spirits to pass over.
For the Spirits to pass over.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 5:55 pm

That is actually a fairly common law, becoming more common all the time.

They often justify it by saying, "we are trying to prevent people from poisoning the homeless" which is an extremely, extremely rare crime.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 5:59 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
That is actually a fairly common law, becoming more common all the time. They often justify it by saying, "we are trying to prevent people from poisoning the homeless" which is an extremely, extremely rare crime.

IMHO if they could get away with it, that is precisely what the town fathers would likely do, IMHO. I put nothing past those people.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 6:44 pm

Good move.

We don't anyone suing the city because they got sick because some unknown person handed out unsafe food.

This guy needs to get a permit and insurance on his business, so if his food is bad then people can sue HIM, and take his money.

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 7:05 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Good move.

We don't anyone suing the city because they got sick because some unknown person handed out unsafe food.

This guy needs to get a permit and insurance on his business, so if his food is bad then people can sue HIM, and take his money.

Can't suit the city if a law against it isn't on the books. You could however suit the individual anyway if you could prove the food was tampered with. And suiting the government, regardless of level, is extremely difficult even if you aren't homeless. It isn't going to happen.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 8:57 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Good move.

I seriously doubt poisoning of homeless people was an actual concern of the city fathers. And I have to guess that this elderly veteran probably doesn't have the money to buy a license to feed poor people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Good move. We don't anyone suing the city because they got sick because some unknown person handed out unsafe food. This guy needs to get a permit and insurance on his business, so if his food is bad then people can sue HIM, and take his money.

I seriously doubt poisoning of homeless people was an actual concern of the city fathers. And I have to guess that this elderly veteran probably doesn't have the money to buy a license to feed poor people.

I just don't get how so many people think it could never happen to them. :roll:

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 9:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Good move.

So do cities even need food inspectors , since you are sure that food providers don't serve unsafe food ?