Do you like saying inappropriate things?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CryingTears15
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Nov 2014, 11:22 pm

syzygyish wrote:
I continue to have traumatic flash backs to the multitude of stupendouslys stupid things I have said in my life

I cower under a blanket of shame that rains on me from time to time

^^^

[bme[/b]

Evil_Chuck
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Nov 2014, 3:32 am

I did when I was a kid, even though I didn't mean to. Everyone thought I was weird and crazy, so I just stopped talking eventually. :?

FUNNY DEATH METAL LYRICS OF THE WEEK: 'DEMON'S WIND' BY VADER
Clammy frog descends
Demon's wind, the stars answer your desire
Join the undead, that's the place you'll never leave
You wanna die... but death cannot do us apart...

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 7:49 am

I dunno if it has anything to do with autism.

A young man did an audio essay on NPR about his long time habit.

The habit being whenever he attended any kind of live high brow concert: Classical symphonies at Carnegie Hall, local chamber music orchestras playing Bach, or the like,at some point he would always stand up and shout "PLAY FREEBIRD!! !! !".
Sometimes he would get dirty looks, sometimes he would get laughs.

The story ends when he did it at a concert by an avant garde expiramental music group. To his astonishment the folks in the group gathered together to confer, and then went back to thier spots on stage, and....the strains of Ricky Van Zandt's opus came to life!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Nov 2014, 2:34 pm

I say inappropriate things unintentionally but I used to do it on purpose as a kid because I thought it was funny but I grew out of it because I kept getting in trouble & betting beat up & called retorted for it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2014, 11:35 pm

I will sometimes enjoy saying something inappropriate because I think it's funny, not appreciating that the recipient(s) may not share my sense of humour.

More commonly, I have made inappropriate remarks without realizing it, until it has been pointed out to me, or I have realized it much later.

I am also not immune from making such remarks in print. There are a number of posts from my first few weeks on WP which I would remove if I could.... :|

I invariably feel terrible about these things afterwards, which may or may not be a redeeming factor.

Liam_
Butterfly
Butterfly

10 Nov 2014, 12:00 am

i say things that i'm told is being rude. and sometimes i say things that i'm told is a strange thing to say. or they just as "whatever".

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:44 am

glad to hear I'm not the only one. :oops:

nca14
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 8:55 am

When I was younger I sometimes behaved like a silly clown. I once said to the librarian "you pig!" in my native language. It was "bozoish" joke. Silly and inappropiate. I made it for fun. Not to offend. Not as a revenge. I was about 7 years old. Then I fastly "escaped". I did it alone. Idiosyncratic sense of humour.

Next prank was even worse - I said to a bit younger girl (I was about 7 years old) "you are a lesbian" (in Polish language). I did not know what it means. The father of the girl was not so happy, he listened it. "Derailed" prank. I behaved like a bozo. It was stupid. I did not want to be offensive or nasty. It was bizarre sense of humour. Abnormal. Why I had such silly inclinations?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 9:49 am

I was at a classical concert once--about age 18.

They were playing some kind of piece. During it, I blurted out, in essence: "When will you stop tuning your instruments, and start actually playing music?"

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm

I once told my brother's fiancée that I thought her engagement ring looked like two pop can pull tab rings glued together. I was 13 when I uttered this faux pas. luckily she was graceful about it.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 7:28 pm

Nope. I want to crawl into a dark hole if I inadvertently say something inappropriate. In fact, I find I talk less and less as I have gotten older, probably to avoid saying the wrong thing or interrupting people.

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

sharkattack wrote:
tetris wrote:
I say unbelievably stupid things at times. Afterwards it's like why the hell did I just say that.

Lets be honest it's fun at the time it's the backslash that is the b***h. :oops: :oops:

I've never really said anything that's bad that has had comments on what I've said, it's more ground swallow me up sort of things. I'm quite good at intentional slightly inappropriate but very funny things. It's unintentional things, like I just say it.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 8:51 pm

I sometimes say inappropriate things accidently.
I sometimes say inappropriate things on purpose. Usually this happens when other people are hinting at something, and I get annoyed at the hints and just blurt out what I think they really want to say.
And sometimes I say things that other people think are funny, except that I'm not joking. :?

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 8:25 am

Somehow I have this knack for being able to say inappropriate things that others don't say because of the way that people respond. It's not unusual for me to make fun of someone for being this or that and they not only don't mind it but they like it.

Most of all I love it when people try to prank call me. It hasn't happened that much but those are some of my favorite memories. This asian sounding guy prank called me once, it was some number from texas, and before he could get very far I cut him off and said this: "Oh boy you called just in time! You're either about to hear something awful or just the sound of my hand in a jar of mayo. It helps if you keep talking, because I really like the sound of your voice and I'm taping this for later." On another occasion it was some guy who came up with a really lame forgettable joke and I carped back at him with this: "Sorry, I couldn't hear what you said. Now that I'm done fapping could you repeat yourself? Oh wait a second, I guess I wasn't done yet... there we go."

I've always been better at making people laugh than properly expressing myself.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 8:37 am

TalusJumper wrote:
I say incredibly stupid things some times during conversations, then I feel terrible later.

Oh, this times a million. I have no filter when I speak offline, so I tend to say stupid crap most of the time. I curse quite a bit too and quote movie quotes that tend to be offensive (I quoted the Exorcist at one Thanksgiving dinner with a few of my parents friends, you can imagine how that turned out), though I'm getting better at not swearing.