Australian Rules Football - AFL (2007)

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

danielcanberra
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Mar 2007, 8:01 pm

I went to the Friday night game on 2 March 07 btw Brisbane Lions and Western Bulldogs. It was a brilliant game.

I went with two friends who thought I was a fanatic - I did so much yelling. The Lions are my team.

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 1:37 am

YAY LIONS. I went to EVERY, I repeat, EVERY Lions home game last season. I really look up to them, esp Lynchy, but he retired.

Being a member is so cool.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 2:38 am

Ayiyiyiyiyiyi....

AFL? Sorry. I'm not a sports person. Most I want to know is 1, Have the Brisbane Lions won overall? (Although with our new Gold Coast team, I might cheer for them) and 2, Has Queensland won the State of Origin? That sums up my football interest. I consider it a game only slightly less masochistic than boxing.

On sabbatical...

danielcanberra

07 Apr 2007, 7:30 pm

Hey Kezzstar, good to see a fellow member.

You might be interested in the BigFooty forum. I post a lot there.

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 7:39 pm

I like AFL, but I'm not a huge fan of it. GO PORT ADELAIDE!

Astarael
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2007, 8:04 am

CARN THE SAINTS.

Aaaaaand I can say that proudly now we thrashed the Doggies last night! :D Very happy weekend in footy, Eagles beat Freo, Saints win by 50 points.. and I still only manage to get 5/8 right in my tips :(

Hoping to head to Melb sometime this year to catch a game and make use of my membership, being interstate and all. :)

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 1:37 am

So far I have been to every Lions home game this season, it was so cool when Vossy came out and walked past us. I was hoping he'd say "You little beau-tay!" like he did in 2003.

Wasn't Carlton good against the Dons though? When Fev got smacked out was when he started kicking goals, I found that funny.

danielcanberra

13 May 2007, 1:55 am

Hey Kezzstar - have you received your season guide yet? I'm on page 14.

Going to the round 9 game in Brisbane - do you want to meet up?

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2007, 3:41 pm

danielcanberra wrote:
Hey Kezzstar - have you received your season guide yet? I'm on page 14.

Going to the round 9 game in Brisbane - do you want to meet up?

I read the whole thing-great little book that! Now to con Mum into letting me have the centre page.....

Sure, I'd like to. I sit in Section 13 (you hear me before you see me). I'll get a pic of me so you can recognise me soon, I'll probably be with my boyfriend and little sister (grrrrrrrrr!)

JDoherty
Toucan
Toucan

19 May 2007, 4:30 pm

I'm an Essendon supporter who lives in Sydney. I won't be able to go to the Sydney v Essendon game in Sydney this year because I'll be going to the Socceroos game here in Sydney the same night!

I hate it when two sports clash on the same time.

danielcanberra

30 May 2007, 7:01 am

Ah missed you Kezzstar. I was in section 23 row A.

It was a great night, apart from the result. I met up with footy mates at The Den @ Chalk and we all walked over to the Gabba.

Also bumped into one of the players (not playing) after the game and we had a quick chat (I know a couple of the players).

You can get the 2007 team poster from the shop for $5 (it is on special at the moment).

Arby
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 May 2007, 6:05 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Ayiyiyiyiyiyi....

AFL? Sorry. I'm not a sports person. Most I want to know is 1, Have the Brisbane Lions won overall? (Although with our new Gold Coast team, I might cheer for them) and 2, Has Queensland won the State of Origin? That sums up my football interest. I consider it a game only slightly less masochistic than boxing.

I think you may have confused AFL (Australian Rules Football) with rugby league ???

The Gold Coast Titans are the new rugby league team as of this year. Brisbane in the rugby league are called the Broncos.

In the AFL, the Kangaroos (the old North Melbourne) are playing some 'home' games at Cararra on the Gold Coast this year. There is some talk that they may relocate there at some stage in the future.

The Brisbane Lions won a hat-trick of premierships in 2001, 2002 ( :cry: :cry: :cry: ) and 2003 ( :cry: )

Queensland won game 1 of state of origin earlier this month.

As for the boxing comparison, I could see how you could apply that to rugby league but there's simply no way IMHO that could ever be applied to Australian Rules Football. The two sports (rugby league & AFL) are as different as our old friends chalk and cheese ! !!