Anybody in professional services with Asperger clientele?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Nov 2014, 6:51 pm

Hello,

Anybody in professional services e.g., financial services that serve Asperger clientle?

Agencies experienced with both Neurotypical (NT) and Asperger (AS) staff, and clientele alike are much needed; as clientele can benefit from advisors reflecting on both their personal, and professional perspectives with (AS).

Many people with (AS) have largely adapted to (NT) environments, and hence the nature of professional services are best treated from (NT) perspectives; that is perspectives especially apparent in metro regions heavily orientated around the technology industries that hire many people with (AS).

For adults with (AS), it's notable that such services are necessary alternatives to services orientated towards clients with developmental disabilities more limiting than Aspergers; services that also assist both individuals, and their families who have been "hard-pressed" to understand, and reassess just what specific supports are appropriate for (AS) adults reasonably accustomed to an (NT) world!

Yet it remains too difficult to find affordable services best described as ?part financial advisor, part life coach? assisting (AS) clientele with such issues as occupational concerns, credit agendas, housing/rental issues, just to name a few of the sometimes complex everyday concerns.

With greater understanding of Aspergers, there is growing need to find listings of services favorable to Asperger clientele; through comments on such services as AngiesList.com, Yelp.com.

Anybody have experience with professional services that deserve favorable online ratings?

Thank-you

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2014, 7:21 pm

Hello,

Since the original message 'Anybody in Professional Services with Asperger clientele?' was posted two-days previous as of this writing, over 200 views of the message were indicated; that is I hope this means an ample number of Asperger professionals have interests in advising Asperger clientele, and providing much needed services to people concerned with Aspergers.

With a potential interest in expanding advisory services for Asperger clientele, I encourage dynamic discussions in this thread. Some people may prefer to 'Private Message' (PM) their responses.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thank-you

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:13 am

Here wrote:
was posted two-days previous as of this writing, over 200 views of the message were indicated; that is I hope this means an ample number of Asperger professionals have interests in advising Asperger clientele, and providing much needed services to people concerned with Aspergers.
Or it could mean that people don't like leaving unread messages in a forum...

personally, I don't want to have clients or advise anyone.
I do work for a financial services company, but, not on the brokerage or banking side. I have no idea the training they get to deal with customers, though I'm aware it's extensive and they're focused on overcoming any barriers to helping clients build their portfolios.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:42 am

It's difficult to read your post for some reason.

If you are asking 'do we know of any organizations that offer support for people with aspergers' personally no I dont.

I would be good at that role though.

Here
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2014, 3:34 pm

Hello,

Thank-you for your responses.

Basically, I'm seeking the names of specific financial service businesses that hire staff with Aspergers(AS), who are also receptive to serving (AS) clientele; which can even include advisors experienced in serving non-profits concerned with Autism Spectrum disorders.

As mentioned in original post, metro regions heavily orientated around the technology industries (that hire many people with (AS)) would be especially favorable regions needing professional services experienced with (AS). I'm located about three-hours drive from the SF Bay-Area; hence, any recommendations for specific financial service providers in the Bay-Area?

It is a must to boost specific service providers providing much-needed services to an overlooked clientele!

Thank-you

martianunicorn
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 Dec 2014, 9:39 am

hahahaha i find OP's english filled with long words and long sentences and i don't comprehend much of what they are saying. Maybe that's the issue for the rest too. (Maybe you can talk like using PECS that would be most readable hahhaaha)

anyways, i think you are asking about social enterprises? I don't know which country you are from. In singapore, special schools have a kind of like employment service to match graduating students with jobs. They work at places where they can do routine things like packing and food preparation. (They have nice visuals with pictures and steps pasted in the kitchen/packing room for the autistic employees to refer to.) I don't think you live in singapore, so the specific names of the organisations won't be useful to you. (Except for maybe, Starbucks.)

or financial service? I have a regular financial advisor. She knows that i am not good with understanding a lot of things so she draws diagrams for me when explaining savings, insurance, investments and the like. A regular financial advisor who is patient and nice will be good too. I got to know her through word of mouth.