Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Aliens are out there! But, we don't know what their intentions are. Would you seek them out and try to befriend them? Stephen Hawking thinks that's probably a bad idea. What do you think?
Poll ended at 05 Dec 2015, 12:08 pm
I would try to contact the aliens and try to make friends with them! It's worth the risk! 68%  68%  [ 13 ]
I would hide from the aliens. I don't want to die. 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
I would try to destroy the aliens, and steal their stuff. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 12:08 pm

Aliens exist! If you could communicate with them, what personal favours would you ask them, assuming they are inclined to listen?

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 11 Nov 2014, 2:09 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 12:12 pm

None of those options necessarily....I'd be curious about them, whether I'd want to befriend them or not would depend on if they are friendly, hostile and such. I think if they where violent I'd not want to be attempting to make friends, probably better to avoid them in that case. I would also wonder if they like things like cannabis and acid..lol or if they even have anything like that from where they are from.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 1:18 pm

I would hide from them and observer their activities and figure out what their motifs are, if they turn out hostile I will avoid them and come up with a plan to kill them if they are friendly I will try and befriend them.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 2:32 pm

I support a preemptive strike followed by widespread looting.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 2:50 pm

Why do we even assume the aliens would be comprehensible to humans or that they'd have any interest in humanity?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 2:53 pm

Maybe they are edible.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Why do we even assume the aliens would be comprehensible to humans or that they'd have any interest in humanity?

I don't really assume that, probably would depend on the aliens....I saw some weird glowing orbs in the sky orange and kinda firey looking once that had comet looking tails when they moved do not really think they where of this world but certainly seemed to be observing what was going on, on this planet. My dad and his friend also saw them with me. So if those where aliens it would seem they where interested...but there are probably plenty that wouldn't be. And probably aliens that we wouldn't even perceive as living beings, they might not even perceive us that way. No one really knows.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 3:51 pm

We don't have to do anything but sit and wait,you guys will eventually kill yourself off and the Earth is ours.We are patient and well camouflaged.This works out well for us,no casualties on our side.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

I don't really assume that, probably would depend on the aliens....I saw some weird glowing orbs in the sky orange and kinda firey looking once that had comet looking tails when they moved do not really think they where of this world but certainly seemed to be observing what was going on, on this planet. My dad and his friend also saw them with me. So if those where aliens it would seem they where interested...but there are probably plenty that wouldn't be. And probably aliens that we wouldn't even perceive as living beings, they might not even perceive us that way. No one really knows.

Even if we understand that each other is living, something as simple as metabolic rates could make interaction virtually impossible. An entity with a very slow metabolic rate might perceive it's world at that tempo and find humans to be like annoying nattering hummingbirds on crack relative to their perception of the universe. Or they might be the hummingbirds and we may be too slow mentally to comprehend them.

And that's only one of the many potential ways that two intelligent lifeforms may be entirely incompatible for cooperation.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 6:28 am

Misslizard wrote:
We don't have to do anything but sit and wait,you guys will eventually kill yourself off and the Earth is ours.We are patient and well camouflaged.This works out well for us,no casualties on our side.

You're blowing our cover! All that Central Command told us to do was observe this thread but you've gone and told them. Well I hate to do this but they'll all have to be probed, thoroughly.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 6:33 am

Lukecash12 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

You're blowing our cover! All that Central Command told us to do was observe this thread but you've gone and told them. Well I hate to do this but they'll all have to be probed, thoroughly.

It's not a joke. Several astronauts have verified the existence of extraterrestrials.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 6:41 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
Lukecash12 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

It's not a joke. Several astronauts have verified the existence of extraterrestrials.

Then show me the evidence. We haven't left a scrap of evidence, aside from the stuff we had to cover up with Terran governments by teaching them to make cell phones, microwaves, and nukes (hooray nukes!).

Soon they will all be staring ceaselessly at their phones and eating processed and microwaved food, unable to notice the nuclear holocaust of their species. And then we will suck this planet free of carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and nitrogen, as well as any biological compounds before we move on to the next planet. Why do you think Mars looks like it used to support life? We merely left the ice caps there to mess with your heads. While it's fun to be this frank with you all in this thread, but there will be a probing session within the hour and I would advise that you take some kind of narcotic as it is not going to be very pleasant.

Enjoy your planet while you have it!

Last edited by Lukecash12 on 11 Nov 2014, 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 6:48 am

Can non-aliens read this thread? Just want to know the ground rules before I get too far.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 6:53 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Can non-aliens read this thread? Just want to know the ground rules before I get too far.

Sure you can. Just sign here and here so you can get an earlier appointment than the others for the probing. Then you won't have to wait in line like the rest, as you made an appointment. How convenient! If you like, we'll give you a piece of candy after the procedure, but you have to be a good little hominid and stay still.

Security_Code
Raven
Raven

11 Nov 2014, 7:09 am

AYYYYY lmao.
[img][800:638]http://i.imgur.com/4J9puN2.png[/img]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 8:22 am

Lukecash12 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:

Don't worry. That's exactly how to fool these Earthlings. Just tell them the truth. They never believe you!