Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Aliens are out there! But, we don't know what their intentions are. Would you seek them out and try to befriend them? Stephen Hawking thinks that's probably a bad idea. What do you think?
Poll ended at 05 Dec 2015, 12:08 pm
I would try to contact the aliens and try to make friends with them! It's worth the risk! 68%  68%  [ 13 ]
I would hide from the aliens. I don't want to die. 21%  21%  [ 4 ]
I would try to destroy the aliens, and steal their stuff. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 19

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 8:32 am

I'd love to talk to an extraterrestrial being, it'd be neat.

I'd probably get along better with them than most people here on Earth here, no joke. The only thing is I wonder what they look like. The entertainment business tends to humanize aliens for the most part.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 8:57 am

andrethemoogle wrote:
I'd love to talk to an extraterrestrial being, it'd be neat.

I'd probably get along better with them than most people here on Earth here, no joke. The only thing is I wonder what they look like. The entertainment business tends to humanize aliens for the most part.

Many people love talking with us. They just don't like it when the conversation is over and we insert a glowing tube into them. Oh well.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 9:19 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
... Several astronauts have verified the existence of extraterrestrials.

Bullsnot. You have fallen for the "Argument from Authority" fallacy.

Some astronauts claim to have observed objects and events that they assume originated with extraterrestrial intelligences, yet they have provided no proof of their claims.

There is no valid empirical evidence to support the claims that (1) extraterrestrials exist; (2) they are intelligent; (3) they know about Earth; (4) they are interested in Earth; or (5) they have visited Earth.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 9:23 am

The astronauts were probably observing upper-atmospheric lightning, or swamp gas.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

Nebogipfel wrote:
Lukecash12 wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
We don't have to do anything but sit and wait,you guys will eventually kill yourself off and the Earth is ours.We are patient and well camouflaged.This works out well for us,no casualties on our side.

You're blowing our cover! All that Central Command told us to do was observe this thread but you've gone and told them. Well I hate to do this but they'll all have to be probed, thoroughly.

It's not a joke. Several astronauts have verified the existence of extraterrestrials.

What do you mean by this statement?

That astronauts have shaken hands with ETs traveling the opposite direction, and have talked shop with them about the space flight business?

Or do you mean that astronuats have seen strange lights outside the windows (like earthboud folks) that no one can identify?

Its a big leap from seeing objects you cant ID to "proving that there is life on other planets".

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 10:49 am

Isn't it enough to see that the stars are beautiful without having to believe that there are space aliens behind each one?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 12:43 pm

I am not aware of anyone crediIbIe who claims to have spoken to them. Multiple astronauts and hundreds of piIots have claimed that they have come into close contact with spacecraft of non terrestrial origin.

Look up the Phbos monolIth

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 3:11 pm

What about Dr. Boyd Bushman, the engineer who worked in Area 51? Does anyone here believe his story?

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 2:50 am

Boyd Bushman is a big troll.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 5:59 am

it wouldn't surprise me if some ET federation quarantined humanity. what good are we? we can't even control our own planet for Christ's sake. :roll:

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 6:09 am

True. It's slightly tilted, and it affects the climate.

Lukecash12
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 6:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
it wouldn't surprise me if some ET federation quarantined humanity. what good are we? we can't even control our own planet for Christ's sake. :roll:

We've got you right on... er... under our thumbs. You've had a good run of it anyways and we certainly have enjoyed making funny formations in your crops, bizarre mutilations on livestock, abductions, flying saucer appearances (flitting static: "can you seriously believe they think we fly those, Ted? quit messing with that RC remote Ted you can play with your saucer later"), but most of all the many, many probings.

We will certainly regret it when we have to suck this rock clean of biological elements and compounds, after all we'll have to wait hundreds of years in between systems until we come along our next play things. As for the climate we could care less, it won't matter with all of the atmosphere gone. But if that gives you something to think about and work on until you are all atomized in approximately eleven hundred, how do you call it... days, then have at it.

Crack... whir... white noise for a few moments... "Ted, where did you put the probe? Yes you idiot, the three foot long, green, glowing tube! You've been smoking from it? Oh I swear to Lugnub in heaven that I need a new partner... For Lugnub's sake Ted don't have another toke that's not what you think it is! Well he's still ignoring me and getting that giant slug of his high again, I guess we'll have to wait."

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 6:57 am

They even tried to abduct the president of the World Chess Federation.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 7:46 am

^

He was also president of his country (the former soviet republic of Kalmykia). He says they took him on a joy ride around the galaxy.

I guess that his moma never told him to not to get in cars with strangers!

But they returned him safely.

Too bad they didnt give him any souviners. Even an ET paperclip would've been awesome to have.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 12 Nov 2014, 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:09 am

YippySkippy wrote:
What about Dr. Boyd Bushman, the engineer who worked in Area 51? Does anyone here believe his story?

There is no reason to believe his stories, since he provides no valid evidence to back them up.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:06 am

I would probably leave with them and never come back.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList