Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

I have my own definition but what would you like how would you explain autism levels on the severity scale and

Aspegers, high functioning mid and low. and profound functioning.

The difference between aspires classics and PDD and also what level they would be on the new scale.

So my level is level 2 autism spectrum disorder what's yours or or what your diagnosis

Last edited by jenisautistic on 10 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 5:01 pm

It's Aspergers, not "Asked Burgers".

It really depends for me on how my stress level is on how functioning I am. More stressed I can barely do anything, little to no stress I can do a good amount of stuff.

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 5:03 pm

andrethemoogle wrote:
It's Aspergers, not "Asked Burgers".

It really depends for me on how my stress level is on how functioning I am. More stressed I can barely do anything, little to no stress I can do a good amount of stuff.

Opps sorry typo :lol:

LokiofSassgard
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 5:26 pm

Hm. All I know is that I have an autistic disorder. That's all my mental health records say. I assume I'm on a high functioning or mild of the spectrum though. Most of my autistic traits are mild, aside from my severe meltdowns and outbursts. I don't have sensory issues except towards loud sounds. It's really hard to say where exactly I am on the spectrum too. I have a lot of developmental and learning delays and very severe anxiety. All of which professionals have said are part of my autism.

Like andrethemoogle said, it depends on my mood, my stress levels and all that. My autism is there, but it's often so mild that many people often ask me if I really have it, or they doubt that I do. My social skills are usually fairly good compared to most. They are jsut very awkward and can be random as well. On the new scale, I think it's the same. I haven't gotten re-evaluated under the new terms because it would screw up my social security benefits.

kirayng
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 5:36 pm

Same as andrethemoogle, depends on level of stress. I'm diagnosed with Asperger syndrome and haven't been reassessed since the DSM 5; however my medical records say Autism Spectrum Disorder.

I think I push myself so hard that I don't notice and/or have become used to my own distress that I take it for granted-- it's part of my 'functioning landscape' of making it through another day. So in that sense I'm quite disconnected with how my autism affects me and I am heavily convinced that I have brainwashed myself to believe the effects are minimal. (proof is in sleeping for 12 hours after a work week, then sleeping 15 more the next night to recover. My weekends are pretty much just recovery time, try to get stuff done time, I usually regain vigor around Sunday afternoonish).

So I think it varies. If I were in the perfect environment, I'm sure I would be symptom free.

Lumi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 8:56 pm

Technically, I'm a high-functioning autistic (more severe than Asperger's)
Diagnosed an autism spectrum disorder Level 1.

But on autism scale -mild to moderate Based on many descriptions and videos.
I figured out mid-functioning or affected.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2014, 9:13 pm

Level 2, but a little closer to level 1.

My own way of rating it would be on a 1/10 scale, with 10 being severe, I'm about a 6.5/10.