Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Nov 2014, 3:26 pm

Yes, it's Edward James Olmos from one of my all time favorite movies Blade Runner where he plays Gaff.
Worked with him? What do you mean by that? Do you also work in films or production or TV, what can explain "working with him"?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 5:58 pm

SpirosD wrote:
Yes, it's Edward James Olmos from one of my all time favorite movies Blade Runner where he plays Gaff.
Worked with him? What do you mean by that? Do you also work in films or production or TV, what can explain "working with him"?

He was a resource person at one of the Sundance Institute filmmakers' labs that I work in college. I was a senior tech staffer for the lab and the Sundance Film Festival. He was doing stand-up comedy at the time and had just finished his one of his first films. It was funny to see him become an actor whose characters were so serious and quiet because he wasn't. He was always running around in bare feet and telling jokes. Like I said, I knew him as Eddie. Maybe that was his comedy name. :-)

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Last edited by AspieUtah on 12 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 6:06 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
SpirosD wrote:

He was a resource person at one of the Sundance Institute filmmakers' labs that I work in college. I was a senior tech staffer for the lab and the Sundance Film Festival. He was doing stand-up comedy at the time and had just finished his one of his first films. It was funny to see him become an actor whose characters were so serious and quiet because he wasn't. He was always running around in bare feet and telling jokes. Like I said, I knew him as Eddie. Maybe that was his comedy name. :-)

did you ever watch him in "zoot suit"?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 6:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
hope GM Australia is run by people with better ethics.

I've heard some horror stories when it comes to faults and trying to get Holden to honour the warranty. It's double the horror when the cars are lemons in the first place. The Holden (Chevy) Cruze is one of the most prolific cars on the road these days but people still buy them despite their appalling quality. These recalls don't affect Australian cars though.

The Commodore won't be made here beyond 2016 so after that we'll have nothing BUT rebadged Opels and Daewoos :(. The Commodore is the only thing keeping Holden's reputation afloat.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 7:17 am

blue_bean wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
hope GM Australia is run by people with better ethics.

I've heard some horror stories when it comes to faults and trying to get Holden to honour the warranty. It's double the horror when the cars are lemons in the first place. The Holden (Chevy) Cruze is one of the most prolific cars on the road these days but people still buy them despite their appalling quality. These recalls don't affect Australian cars though.

The Commodore won't be made here beyond 2016 so after that we'll have nothing BUT rebadged Opels and Daewoos :(. The Commodore is the only thing keeping Holden's reputation afloat.

does the commodore have an American equivalent?

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 8:02 am

I believe the V8 version of the Commodore is called the Chevy SS over there. Your version has a bit more HP though.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 8:39 am

Why would anyone blame Obama or criticize him for this? Why would people automatically think he would hide stuff about this? Obama is not CEO of GM nor is he responsible for anything that goes on at GM. Hold GM responsible, not Obama, not the UAW, just GM management when and if things are clearly proven. Geez, people want to blame Obama for everything. How about some blame for the company that makes the ignition switches? I even blame people who think it is reasonable to have 1 pound of crap hanging on their keyring and noone even considering the possibility that this could be partially responsible. Not every GM vehicle was affected by this problem. Th recall is a precautionary measure taken because of a relatively small number of incidents. It has not been proven that every ignition switch on every vehicle was faulty, and I doubt it to be true that a large number of them were faulty or defective but in our lawsuit frenzied society it is best to play it safe and recall a lot of vehicles to check them out, just in case.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

khaoz wrote:
Why would anyone blame Obama or criticize him for this? Why would people automatically think he would hide stuff about this? Obama is not CEO of GM nor is he responsible for anything that goes on at GM. Hold GM responsible, not Obama, not the UAW, just GM management when and if things are clearly proven. Geez, people want to blame Obama for everything. How about some blame for the company that makes the ignition switches? I even blame people who think it is reasonable to have 1 pound of crap hanging on their keyring and noone even considering the possibility that this could be partially responsible. Not every GM vehicle was affected by this problem. Th recall is a precautionary measure taken because of a relatively small number of incidents. It has not been proven that every ignition switch on every vehicle was faulty, and I doubt it to be true that a large number of them were faulty or defective but in our lawsuit frenzied society it is best to play it safe and recall a lot of vehicles to check them out, just in case.

It was his plan to bail out General Motors. Unlike Reagan's bail out of Chrysler, Obama's attempt to prop up Detroit was a failure even by the standards of the current White House. If the GM bail out had worked, would you expect us to applaud Obama? Well, it didn't work, so we are criticizing him, instead. No surprise there.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 5:14 pm

khaoz wrote:
Why would anyone blame Obama or criticize him for this?

I don't blame Obama for this, I blame some sociopathic bean counters at GM.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2014, 10:20 pm

People here are blaming GM, but I just realized something, GM cars are superior to French cars and still made in the USA.
Here in France the French cars, like Peugeot, Renault and Citroen where never good cars compared to the legendary German cars, French cars have always been basic reliable cars you could buy on a budget back when they where still made in France. But the last 10 to 12 years production has been moved to Morocco, Romania, Turkey and recently they opened a factory in Algeria, and ever since quality dropped, French cars became s**t, loads of recalls, lots of problemes, lots of jobs lost in France, and of course the prices haven't gone down, what is proof it's just the stock owners who move production to cheaper countries where workers suck, have no skills just so they can make more money. So right now if we can't afford a German car we are better off buying a Lada or a Volga (Russian made cars), yes they are ugly but better made and more reliable than French cars.
Sorry for the rant everyone :(

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:23 pm

SpirosD wrote:
People here are blaming GM, but I just realized something, GM cars are superior to French cars and still made in the USA.
Here in France the French cars, like Peugeot, Renault and Citroen where never good cars compared to the legendary German cars, French cars have always been basic reliable cars you could buy on a budget back when they where still made in France. But the last 10 to 12 years production has been moved to Morocco, Romania, Turkey and recently they opened a factory in Algeria, and ever since quality dropped, French cars became s**t, loads of recalls, lots of problemes, lots of jobs lost in France, and of course the prices haven't gone down, what is proof it's just the stock owners who move production to cheaper countries where workers suck, have no skills just so they can make more money. So right now if we can't afford a German car we are better off buying a Lada or a Volga (Russian made cars), yes they are ugly but better made and more reliable than French cars.
Sorry for the rant everyone :(

I suppose a lot of auto executives in france have been infected with the American virus when they attended Harvard business school.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2014, 11:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I suppose a lot of auto executives in france have been infected with the American virus when they attended Harvard business school.

It would be HEC here for half of them, and Harvard for the others who where born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
Hey, ever notice that all the CEO's, Politicians and Industry captains from all over the world have all gone to the same schools and grown up in the same rich neighborhoods?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 11:11 pm

SpirosD wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

It would be HEC here for half of them, and Harvard for the others who where born with a silver spoon in their mouth.
Hey, ever notice that all the CEO's, Politicians and Industry captains from all over the world have all gone to the same schools and grown up in the same rich neighborhoods?

yes, they've long belonged to the exclusive club that WE AIN'T INVITED TO. :x