Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

FautheralLoather
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2014, 2:09 pm

I'm 22 and never dated. I am not sure if that brings it out of the question but most people my age already have kids :/. Though I am glad that I don't have any children.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

nikkiDT wrote:
*raises hand awkwardly*

I'm single, thirty and never been in a real relationship. I want to be in one though. But I'm scared of getting hurt. Life would be technically simpler if I stayed single, but I don't want to be single anymore.

and your a woman? if so i'm surprised since it seems there are more male late bloomers

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 9:09 pm

I've only been on one real date, but I'm 19. Sometimes I think I'll never attract anybody who I'm attracted to.

AQ Score:44

Feel free to PM me for any reason at all. I like to talk to people online.

"I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter." -Mewtwo.

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends." - Sheik

"I'm not popular enough to be different." -Homer Simpson

jetbuilder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 10:28 pm

I turned 30 earlier this year and have never been out on an actual date. I should mention that I'm asexual, so I'm not too interested in that type of relationship. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind at all having a girlfriend who accepts me for who I am and isn't looking for sex in a relationship.

My Tumblr: http://jetbuilder.tumblr.com/

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2014, 11:03 pm

The entire dating game is hell for me. I'm lucky I've been on many dates, but I never really asked anyone out in the traditional way. Usually I get her number, I call her, ask her if she wants to go to a movie, or watch something home to and from there what happens just happens (kissing, sex), but these relations never last long because girls quickly see that I'm not like others and think I'm weird. And the very few times I've gone on the typical traditional date, it's the girl who asked me out, and half the time, dumb me, I've refused.

MikeInUtah
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Nov 2014, 11:42 pm

SpirosD wrote:
The entire dating game is hell for me. I'm lucky I've been on many dates, but I never really asked anyone out in the traditional way. Usually I get her number, I call her, ask her if she wants to go to a movie and grab some McDonald's, or invite her home to watch a film and from there what happens just happens (kissing, sex), but these relations never last long because girls quickly see that I'm not others and think I'm weird. And the very few times I've gone on the typical traditional date, it's the girl who asked me out, and half the time, dumb me, I've refused.

Wow, you just described my whole dating experience. However for me, every relationship ends either in a few months or years with being called insensitive, having communication issues, too awkward, or just too hard to read. Some have even tried to diagnose me with other disorders. One girl actually hit it but she was a second grade teacher so she has seen it before but I couldn't get myself to acknowledge it to her.

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2014, 12:08 am

MikeInUtah wrote:
Wow, you just described my whole dating experience. However for me, every relationship ends either in a few months or years with being called insensitive, having communication issues, too awkward, or just too hard to read. Some have even tried to diagnose me with other disorders. One girl actually hit it but she was a second grade teacher so she has seen it before but I couldn't get myself to acknowledge it to her.

In 90% of the cases my relationships ended in 2 to 3 weeks. Ok, I'm lucky I've had a lot. But yes, I always get "too awkward" "to strange" "out of this world". And one girl who I met on a job turned out to have a Master degree is psychology (but chose a different career) hit it right on after a few hours at my place and then said she couldn't pursue this date has she's uncomfortable perusing anything with someone who is not completely present and often in his own world. Funny enough I ran back into her on another job and I was kind of her boss for a 1 week...

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 12:15 am

I'm almost 25 (well, 25 in 4 months, close enough) and I've never dated.

I tried starting a relationship online, we hung out a few times and nothing came out of it. Tried it a second time this past summer, same thing, nothing happened. I guess I just wasn't meant to have a girlfriend, which in all honestly doesn't bother me most of the time. During those times I was more paranoid than usual, wondering if I'd said the wrong thing and stupid stuff like that.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 12:21 am

32, and definitely not interested.

Too much effort for something that could end with someone leaving me anyway. And if it was someone that was a friend before that, well.... chances are, that's a friend lost. That price is too high.

....also I generally just dont care. And I'm not social anyway... my usual attitude towards most people can be summed up with two words: "Go away."

nikkiDT
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2014, 1:06 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
nikkiDT wrote:
*raises hand awkwardly*

I'm single, thirty and never been in a real relationship. I want to be in one though. But I'm scared of getting hurt. Life would be technically simpler if I stayed single, but I don't want to be single anymore.

and your a woman? if so i'm surprised since it seems there are more male late bloomers

Yes, I am a woman. I've mostly stayed single out of fear.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 3:18 pm

nikkiDT wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
nikkiDT wrote:
*raises hand awkwardly*

Yes, I am a woman. I've mostly stayed single out of fear.

well then that explains it, but yes my gut feeling tells me the amount of people that are aged 30 and older and still virgins, never dated or had a relationship before, there are more men in this situation aged 30 and older than women are