Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 12:10 pm

Has anyone ever heard of this? Apparently if you set a timer for 25 minutes, give yourself a 5 minute break and repeat that several times, it will make you more productive. I find that is very true, but I think I'll have to cut down to 20 minutes as my attention span is actually that bad. Nevertheless, it does allow me to put all my effort into something without fizzling out and half assing adding later on.

Has anyone ever done anything like this? Do you have similar time managment and motivational techniques?

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2014, 12:47 pm

I wonder if there's and app for that?

Tigurinn
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Nov 2014, 5:15 pm

MissDorkness wrote:

Quite a lot frankly.

Sadly though I've never used them :oops: But you can use your timer on your smartphone or if you have Windows 8.1 you can download for free timemanage.me, which is a pomodoro app (sadly though I don't seem to be able to cut that time from 25 minutes to something more manageble by me)

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 9:09 am

Tigurinn wrote:
MissDorkness wrote:

Quite a lot frankly.

Sadly though I've never used them :oops: But you can use your timer on your smartphone or if you have Windows 8.1 you can download for free timemanage.me, which is a pomodoro app (sadly though I don't seem to be able to cut that time from 25 minutes to something more manageble by me)

I might try it.

It's pretty hard for me to keep concentrating on anything, so I'm willing to try just about anything.

:lol: and I know it's silly, I keep seeing this thread title and thinking it must be about cooking.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2014, 3:59 pm

MissDorkness wrote:
Tigurinn wrote:
MissDorkness wrote:

Quite a lot frankly.

I might try it.

It's pretty hard for me to keep concentrating on anything, so I'm willing to try just about anything.

:lol: and I know it's silly, I keep seeing this thread title and thinking it must be about cooking.

I think the person who created the technique used a timer shaped like a tomato, hence why it is named the pomodoro technique.

MissDorkness
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 9:24 am

MindBlind wrote:

I think the person who created the technique used a timer shaped like a tomato, hence why it is named the pomodoro technique.

:lol: That would make total sense.

paddy26
Toucan
Toucan

15 Nov 2014, 4:29 pm

Interesting, I might give it a go.