Page 3 of 9 [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,944
Location: temperate zone

13 Nov 2014, 5:53 pm

Yes ^,

The "natal chart" an astrologer draws up for you is essentially a map of the sky overhead as it was the moment , and at the place you were born.

The overhead star positions would be different for different hometowns, as well as for different birthdates.

If you were born in Louisville Kentucky the same moment Cassius Clay (Mohamed Ali) was born in the same city you would have the same natal chart as he.

My guesstimate is that in a town of 100 thousand people about 8 babies are born a day.

SOME child mustve been born in Louisville Ky the same night The Greatest was also born in that town. But that child did not go on to become a world heavy wieght champion.



auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,420
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
SOME child mustve been born in Louisville Ky the same night The Greatest was also born in that town. But that child did not go on to become a world heavy wieght champion.

maybe that's why astrologers say "the stars impel, NOT compel.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,831

13 Nov 2014, 6:13 pm

^^^

And very likely.. in my personal learned experiential opinion..

those with little emotion..belief in 'much' of anything

or faith AND hope in anything.. much at all...

Never even feel the stars of life

in their own eyes..

and certainly not the eyes of others...

IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...

But for those with great faith.. belief.. HOPE and positive energy..

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE DEVELOPED relative SKILL OF FREE WILL..

Well..

perhaps the sky's the limit..,

It is for me at least.. and i have the documented evidence for the

NAYSAYERS of A fullest life imaginable in what CAN BE

Human potential...

And truly that IS REAL LIFE MAGICK...

But no it IS FAR FROM FREE TO BE FREE.....

IT'S THE HARDEST most rewarding challenge

IMAGINABLE IN LIFE..

sometimes JUST TO IMAGINE....and make dreams

COME TRUE..

but is IT possible..

YES.. a REsounding yes!


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


Last edited by aghogday on 13 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,547
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

13 Nov 2014, 6:21 pm

Janissy wrote:
slenkar wrote:
yes twins that are seperated can lead very similar lives. Although you could argue it is genetics.


Twins- even separated at birth, do lead very similar lives (it has been studied at length). I do argue that it is genetics because although the twins have similarity to their twin with the same genome, there is no similarity in lives to other people who share the same moment of birth.

According to google, 384,000 people are born every day. If astrology were correct, these people would share life outcomes and personality traits as identical twins do. But they don't. So the identicality comes from genetics not from time of birth.


I don't know about that, as the twins have the genetic similarities in addition to the same astrology sign. So it would make sense that twins would be more similar than say two people with the same astrology sign right? Just throwing out there, not sure entirely how I feel about astrology.


_________________
We won't go back.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

13 Nov 2014, 8:02 pm

aghogday wrote:
IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...


Am I incorrect to paraphrase this as 'you have to accept that it works without question, critical thinking interferes with the magic'?


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Age: 67
Gender: Male
Posts: 29,944
Location: temperate zone

13 Nov 2014, 8:32 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Janissy wrote:
slenkar wrote:
yes twins that are seperated can lead very similar lives. Although you could argue it is genetics.


Twins- even separated at birth, do lead very similar lives (it has been studied at length). I do argue that it is genetics because although the twins have similarity to their twin with the same genome, there is no similarity in lives to other people who share the same moment of birth.

According to google, 384,000 people are born every day. If astrology were correct, these people would share life outcomes and personality traits as identical twins do. But they don't. So the identicality comes from genetics not from time of birth.


I don't know about that, as the twins have the genetic similarities in addition to the same astrology sign. So it would make sense that twins would be more similar than say two people with the same astrology sign right? Just throwing out there, not sure entirely how I feel about astrology.


If factor A were proven to matter, and factor B were proven to matter, then yes- folks who share both A, and B, would be expected to be more alike than those who share just A, or just B.

But we havent yet proven that factor A (astrology) matters. But B (genetics) is proven to matter.

The point is that you cant use the similar lives of identical twins as proof of astrology because all indentical twins share both factors (indentical natal chart, and identical genome) so you cant seperate the two variables to test them seperately.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 56,888
Location: Stendec

13 Nov 2014, 8:35 pm

Not only has Astrology never been proven to work, it has never been demonstrated how Astrology allegedly works.


_________________
 
• Veritas Illuminata • Semper Illuminans •


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,420
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

an astrologer explained to me that it is not the zodiacal objects expressing influence directly on earthly subjects, but instead served as markers in time for things to manifest on some heretofore unexplained cosmic schedule.



Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Jan 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Female
Posts: 33,547
Location: Somewhere in Colorado

13 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
Janissy wrote:
slenkar wrote:
yes twins that are seperated can lead very similar lives. Although you could argue it is genetics.


Twins- even separated at birth, do lead very similar lives (it has been studied at length). I do argue that it is genetics because although the twins have similarity to their twin with the same genome, there is no similarity in lives to other people who share the same moment of birth.

According to google, 384,000 people are born every day. If astrology were correct, these people would share life outcomes and personality traits as identical twins do. But they don't. So the identicality comes from genetics not from time of birth.


I don't know about that, as the twins have the genetic similarities in addition to the same astrology sign. So it would make sense that twins would be more similar than say two people with the same astrology sign right? Just throwing out there, not sure entirely how I feel about astrology.


If factor A were proven to matter, and factor B were proven to matter, then yes- folks who share both A, and B, would be expected to be more alike than those who share just A, or just B.

But we havent yet proven that factor A (astrology) matters. But B (genetics) is proven to matter.

The point is that you cant use the similar lives of identical twins as proof of astrology because all indentical twins share both factors (indentical natal chart, and identical genome) so you cant seperate the two variables to test them seperately.


Of course its not proof, also though if something hasn't been proven but also has not been entirely dis-proven than it is still possible.


_________________
We won't go back.


aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,831

13 Nov 2014, 8:53 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...


Am I incorrect to paraphrase this as 'you have to accept that it works without question, critical thinking interferes with the magic'?


Yes you are incorrect and this is not my opinion as per the research that was done a negative dead like emotional atmosphere was the issue not critical thinking as there is a huge difference among those who do experience complex human emotion that is the true fire of motivated living and human perception in general.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 37
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 17,958
Location: I'm right here

13 Nov 2014, 9:10 pm

aghogday wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...


Am I incorrect to paraphrase this as 'you have to accept that it works without question, critical thinking interferes with the magic'?


Yes you are incorrect and this is not my opinion as per the research that was done a negative dead like emotional atmosphere was the issue not critical thinking as there is a huge difference among those who do experience complex human emotion that is the true fire of motivated living and human perception in general.


8O
Are you able to clarify? I recognize the words you've used as English and yet somehow they're not combined in a fashion that conveys any meaning. It's very difficult to derive any meaning from your posts, let alone your intended meaning.
I don't mean to be rude, I'm curious and wish to understand what you're trying to say but my brain hurts.


_________________
You can't buy happiness; steal it.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


drh1138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Dec 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 498

13 Nov 2014, 10:04 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...


Am I incorrect to paraphrase this as 'you have to accept that it works without question, critical thinking interferes with the magic'?


Yes you are incorrect and this is not my opinion as per the research that was done a negative dead like emotional atmosphere was the issue not critical thinking as there is a huge difference among those who do experience complex human emotion that is the true fire of motivated living and human perception in general.


8O
Are you able to clarify? I recognize the words you've used as English and yet somehow they're not combined in a fashion that conveys any meaning. It's very difficult to derive any meaning from your posts, let alone your intended meaning.
I don't mean to be rude, I'm curious and wish to understand what you're trying to say but my brain hurts.


Aghogday regularly gets this from people who are new to his posts and their... unique formatting style and internal "logic". Eventually you'll just learn to smile, nod, and scroll past.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,831

13 Nov 2014, 11:05 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...


Am I incorrect to paraphrase this as 'you have to accept that it works without question, critical thinking interferes with the magic'?


Yes you are incorrect and this is not my opinion as per the research that was done a negative dead like emotional atmosphere was the issue not critical thinking as there is a huge difference among those who do experience complex human emotion that is the true fire of motivated living and human perception in general.



8O
Are you able to clarify? I recognize the words you've used as English and yet somehow they're not combined in a fashion that conveys any meaning. It's very difficult to derive any meaning from your posts, let alone your intended meaning.
I don't mean to be rude, I'm curious and wish to understand what you're trying to say but my brain hurts.


It's truly impossible to understand the way I write for people who do not experience complex emotion.

I know, as there was a time I did not.

And Alexithymia is present in approximately 85% percent of cases of Autism, so it's certainly not unanticipated that some of what I say now that I am over that very challenging disorder will not be understood.

Poets have no problem understanding me now that I am a poet. Most all successful poets have access to pro-social emotion.

There are some things in life that can only be described and explained in poetic expression.

But no, not everyone is capable of understanding poetic expression and not everyone is able to understand quantum physics.

I'm blessed with both abilities, and I do mean blessed.

All the researchers are saying here is, pre-cognition does not happen in the research if strong pro-social emotion is not present.

If you do not experience STRONG pro-social emotions or precognition, of course this is all Greek, but some folks on the spectrum are born empaths, like me, and only lose their emotions when they burn out, later in age, AND THAT LEADS TO SERIOUS ISSUES WITH RECIPROCAL SOCIAL COMMUNICATION.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,420
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Nov 2014, 11:07 pm

I remember hearing somebody say something on the order of "most people don't get most poetry, because most poetry doesn't get most people." I have to be in a certain frame of mind before certain poetry "speaks" to me.



aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Age: 62
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,831

13 Nov 2014, 11:08 pm

drh1138 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
aghogday wrote:
IN the limited evidence for pre-cognition that DOES EXIST in science..

Science does show.. that the observer effect (AFFECT) of disbelief and negativity...

can kill what exists of the life of precognition however small that

truth may be...


Am I incorrect to paraphrase this as 'you have to accept that it works without question, critical thinking interferes with the magic'?


Yes you are incorrect and this is not my opinion as per the research that was done a negative dead like emotional atmosphere was the issue not critical thinking as there is a huge difference among those who do experience complex human emotion that is the true fire of motivated living and human perception in general.


8O
Are you able to clarify? I recognize the words you've used as English and yet somehow they're not combined in a fashion that conveys any meaning. It's very difficult to derive any meaning from your posts, let alone your intended meaning.
I don't mean to be rude, I'm curious and wish to understand what you're trying to say but my brain hurts.


Aghogday regularly gets this from people who are new to his posts and their... unique formatting style and internal "logic". Eventually you'll just learn to smile, nod, and scroll past.


Listen up dude, I graduated from college with three degrees at the top of my class and lasted almost 25 years working for the Government at the GS11 pay grade level, and part of my duties were technical writing.

I go out the box, as I continue to explore my human potential, and part of that is expertise in martial arts, dance, and power lifting 810 LBS with my legs.

In other words I do not remain in a box. Poetic expression in understanding philosophy of life, is just another step out of that box.

In other words, your silly attempt at a personal attack is like a fly bouncing off a brick.


_________________
KATiE MiA FredericK!iI

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 110,420
Location: the island of defective toy santas

13 Nov 2014, 11:10 pm

:(