Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Aug 2015, 1:10 am

I used to have a build-a-bear from disneyland from when I was five, but now a days I either have my dog laying with me or my three kittens

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 3:04 pm

I'm up to my ears in plush! :) Just today I bought a big fluffy white teddy bear who lights up and glows different colors. I even make stuffed animals of my own cartoon characters by hand. It was 20$, that's pretty cheap these days.

I think its sad that adults get so much ridicule for owning or collecting stuffed animals. Some people even think you must be a pedophile to be interested in "kid" stuff at all. Well I heard it's good and healthy to be in touch with your inner child, so whatever. :P

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 4:44 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm up to my ears in plush! :) Just today I bought a big fluffy white teddy bear who lights up and glows different colors. I even make stuffed animals of my own cartoon characters by hand. It was 20$, that's pretty cheap these days.

I think its sad that adults get so much ridicule for owning or collecting stuffed animals. Some people even think you must be a pedophile to be interested in "kid" stuff at all. Well I heard it's good and healthy to be in touch with your inner child, so whatever. :P

I've seen those plushies that have LED lights inside them! They're awesome. I wonder how they're able to make those - they even make dolphin ones w/LEDs in them too, which piqued my interest when I saw them on Tumblr.

That's cool that you make plushies of your favorite cartoon characters, too - I used to do that. :)

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 5:03 pm

I currently sleep with a stuffed animal and benefit from it.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 6:47 pm

I wish I could, but in recent years "Bear" has had to move to a shelf near my bed. She's as old as I am, with little left of her fur, worn/chewed through pads, a broken growler and a neck so wobbly I fear for her life. She's Velveteen Real now. When my NT-but-introvert spouse saw her the first time, instead of acting like it was silly for a grown woman to still have a teddy bear, she bought her own to sit on the shelf next to Bear & keep her company. I should probably note that my spouse's nightstand is covered in stuffed animals...

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 6:58 pm

Nope. Stuffed animals in my bed make me feel constrained.
Sometimes I put a pillow between my legs though to take pressure off the lower leg.
I have a Pikachu stuffed animal on my desk next to my computer in hopes of it making me feel less lonely, so far it didn't work. :(

Crazyshy42
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Aug 2015, 9:11 pm

I'm 19 and still sleep with them. On my bed I have a very large blue dog, pink dog, and white tiger that I wrap my arms around while falling asleep. I usually cuddle the pink dog though, since he's the largest and softest. I also have a 12 inch Bulbasaur, Vaporeon, and Twilight Sparkle plushie on my bed as decorations. There's tons of stuffed animals in my closet that I got as a kid too. :)

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2015, 11:59 pm

I have a bunch of sensory comfort toys, but I mainly sleep with my fluffy hug pillow. It's so big I can wrap both my arms and legs around it.

BeggingTurtle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 12:41 am

I have stuffed animals around my room but I rarely snuggle with them. I have a blanket I have had since I was 2 and have kept it ever since. I have 2 turtles, and I snuggle with them every day!

ImAnAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 6:47 am

My animal is not stuffed!

I know have a real 'kittyKat'! He's VICIOUS! But ATM, he's still a 'kitten'.

But a L A R G E ! ! ! one!

I call him my Vicious Delicious! (His real name is 'Boo'!)

He's beautiful but vicious! - He's also very loving along with his inbuilt killer nature!

Some day, he'll consume me, but until then, we love each other.

Either that, or he'll go into a zoo!

He's only 7 months old ATM but he's a slow maturer! He's supposed to reach MM around 5-6 months. He's 7 months now, so I'm guessing, he's going to want to eat me in about a month or two.

I just hope all of this love I've afforded him will sink in and save me.

If not? Oh well! Ho Hum! I'll come home from work one day and he'll eat me dead!

He's not stuffed. Quite the contrary!
In fact, I'll probably end up being the stuffed one who's stuffed knowing my pet kitty cat cougar!

"Boo! PLEASE!! ! Don't eat me!"
That's what I'm constantly saying whilst we play!

I never know if he's just playing or practicing to eat me!
People tell me to hand him into the zoo but I LOVE him and he DOES LOVE me!

He sleeps on (half of) my bed! He's BIG! even at 7 months!

Your Aspie score: 151 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 60 of 200

Formally diagnosed in 2007.

Learn the simple joy of being satisfied with little, rather than always wanting more.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 11:47 am

I like having a couple of my most precious teddy bears on my bed. I lay them next to my pillow where they look comfortable and cozy, and I make sure they are warm in the bed covers before I go out. Yes, I treat them like they're real life animals, but that's just me and I don't care what people think.

Anyway, teddy bears DO have feelings...

:lol:

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 12:08 pm

I have a Hello Kitty, a Hello Kitty Jr., a cow named Flo(rence), and a kitty named Jessie in my bed. My other friends got lost when I moved :(

eggheadjr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2015, 1:20 pm

Yup - Marty the Moose and Thomas the Cat have a permenant spot on my nightstand next to the bed. My wife bought me these two favourite plushies. Life is good :D