Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 11:56 pm

you know, i haven't given that any thought actually..one of the books i used to read a lot back then were Childcraft books (from the 50s through 70s) so perhaps that has something to do with it? i also did nightly prayer at that time, but otherwise i have no clue. :|

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 12:50 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i distinctly remember lying in bed late at night (or early morning), being awake, and looking to the
when i was around nine or ten. i saw what looked like a sharp, grey wedge immediately before me, moving up and down slightly.

i heard the words "baby...baby..." in a soft feminine whisper.

this is the only instance i can recall of hearing voices, that may as well have been coming from a real, touchable human being.

i think i was around nine or ten.

this is called a hypnogogic hallucination. it's considered non-pathological.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 12:57 am

jen, i heard voices when i was 30 and before i was treated. they didn't tell me to do anything, but they were mean and scary. i don't have them at all since i've been taking medicine regularly. some people still hear voices on medicine, but usually medicine at least makes voices easier to ignore.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 1:00 am

a day after my father passed, both my mother and me were simultaneously awoken from sleep with his voice "shouting" at us in our names [me, my name, and my mother addressed as "HONEY!! !"]

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Dec 2014, 2:00 am

Kind of similar story, one time I was a teen laying in bed when I thought the basement was and heard a voice coming from no obvious source say "hey! hey!" like to get my attention. It made my hair stand on in and uncomfortable enough to leave right way. I moved back to sharing a room with my younger brother not long after. It probably was something natural in my brain, I was having weird sleep issues including sleep paralysis around that time too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 2:05 am

a few days after my mother died, I heard a cacophony of thudding, banging and moaning coming from the basement of her house while I was staying there one night. it lasted about a minute until I shouted "OK I HEAR YOU!! !" at which point the noise immediately stopped.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

04 Dec 2014, 2:22 am

auntblabby wrote:
a few days after my mother died, I heard a cacophony of thudding, banging and moaning coming from the basement of her house while I was staying there one night. it lasted about a minute until I shouted "OK I HEAR YOU!! !" at which point the noise immediately stopped.

i would leave and never return 8O

at least sure as hell not go in that basement

I remember as a kid I always got creeped out being down there at night doing laundry by myself

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2014, 2:41 am

I ended up having to go into that basement many times, day and night, in order to clean it out so the house could be sold. man, that was a job. had not heard any things going bump in the night therein, since that time, until I was able to move out upon emptying it out. my parents' other house was even worse, it had only a few little windows down in the basement and was dark as sin down there most of the time, with just a bare lightbulb or two. whenever I had to go down there I would make it quick, and like a horse with blinders on, race back up the stairs, lock the door and go PHEW!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 12:34 am

^must have been terrifying... :shaking: that just seems super paranormal...
did you ever notice a change in the middle-of-the-night noises when anything was removed from the basement?

my house has a very small basement, stuffed with old metal closets full of seasonal decorations, such as for christmas, etc, and ancient toys and trinkets from when i was little(r). the floor is made mostly of forklift pallets and has rat poison scattered throughout which is why we try to keep our dog away from there. no noises ever came form there fortunately, but i always worry about the structural integrity of it, built in the 30s with seemingly no touch ups to the basic structure right between my own room and the basement.... nothing that i've noticed anyway. no light except from a small screen window, covered in graffiti and tags from when my dad's family lived here growing up.
i also was scared of it. as a child i never knew that was going to crawl out of the crevasses or the crawl space under the rest of the house (accessed through the basement) and nab me. i did get locked down there for a short while, as a prank by my uncle.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2014, 12:58 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
i also was scared of it. as a child i never knew that was going to crawl out of the crevasses or the crawl space under the rest of the house (accessed through the basement) and nab me. i did get locked down there for a short while, as a prank by my uncle.

I hope you kicked him in the shins for that. in its own way that is just as bad as when my older brother rudely folded me up in a hideabed and then sat on me while I was jammed inside the folded mattress under the couch cushions. :x in terms of scary things in the dark, the worst was when at night in the darkness of my room [parents wouldn't let me have a nightlight, I was supposed to "toughen up"] I would have to hide under the blankets with a little hole in a blanket fold so I could breathe, and I quivered in fear of the giant brain monster hiding beneath the foot of the bed Image, until daylight finally started streaming in through the window.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2014, 10:52 am

Hear and There topic
When I read about those who hear voices, I wonder if the voices heard are actually their own thoughts, like talking to oneself.
I hear my own thoughts all the time, and am comforted by them. Better than the ringing sensations (tin ear phenomenon) usually happening when I am concious of it.

Sad that may of these reported voices are full of doom, and negativity. I spoke once to person who said his diagnosis was schizophrenia, and that he heard voices. When I suggested that maybe these voices were his own awareness of creative thought processes, he was offended in that I was not taking his problems seriously. I told him that I also hear my own voice in my head and that this could be construed as a positive phenomenon, not at all frightening. I know that the condition is more complicated involving many parts of the brain but perhaps confronting problems one step at a time could help. I am not schizophrenic and do realize perhaps my empathy for persons with that diagnosis is not fully developed, and that the remedy is not all that simple, and cannot be explained as just one aspect. I do use a rational approach in problem solving. :idea: :salut:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

catboy777
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Dec 2014, 8:59 am

I used to. Or does the fact you hear someone whisper your name when no one was there count? Or thinking that you heard your father call your name when he wasn't in the room?