Do you ever feel like leaving wrong planet?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 9:23 pm

jenisautistic wrote:
I sometimes do because I don't get a lot of response anymore. Use to get a few pages of responses but now I barely got any not to be selfish or anything.

Just thought I'd point out there are quite some replies on this thread. :) I guess many of us can relate to it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

Alpineglow is a pretty screen name.

alpineglow
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:58 pm

thanks.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 10:59 pm

Boo hoo, I don't get replies.

Grow up.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2014, 11:28 pm

Dillogic wrote:
Boo hoo, I don't get replies.

Grow up.

This seems gratuitously cruel. I don't understand why you would post it.

Do you think it will help the person you are belittling? Or does it make you feel better in some way? What's in it for you?

SpirosD
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2014, 11:44 pm

I just signed up 5 or 6 weeks ago (after reading the site for a long time), so my answer is no. But sometimes I will not connect on the site because I'm off doing other stuff. But I'm glad WP exist.

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:20 am

The likelihood of me permanently leaving WrongPlanet is the same likelihood of me not going back to IMDB and a number of other sites... practically zero. At most I might stay away for a month or a few months.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:23 am

NO!! !

KB8CWB
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
NO!! !

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:30 am

KB8CWB wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
NO!! !

us aspies gotta stick together Image

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 1:37 am

I have had very long breaks from WP. I've been a member on here for about four years, but I've only been really active in the last year or so. I might leave because of my new special interest. I've been attracting a few anti-Semitic nutjobs who are trying to convince me not to persue my special interest. My new special interest is also replacing my obsession with the validity of my diagnosis. That'sthe reason I started posting a lot.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 3:12 am

No, I have never felt like leaving WP, and I don't think anything could happen to make me leave.
I have sometimes taken breaks when there have been too many repetitive threads for an old-timer, but I have always come back. I need WP.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 3:16 am

I have in the past but this place was too addicting. I did take a break from here for about two weeks when I kept on getting banned due to some "glitch."

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 3:55 am

No I never thought of leaving, I like coming to WP but you're right the forum isn't really active

questor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 3:57 am

No, I have no plans to leave WP. I am usually too busy to visit the site, but do try to squeeze in some time for a visit at least once a week. If I have a comment to make to a post I'll make it. If I don't have anything to add, obviously, I won't. And occasionally, I will generate posts of my own. I find the site to be a helpful source of info on Asperger's, related conditions, and co-morbids. I also benefit from the social contact here. I am an introverted hermit type of person, but I am non social, not anti social, so I do want occasional contact with others. This site provides a good source of that for someone who is not comfortable in dealing with people in person, although I do a little of that, too.

Many days can go by for me, with no social contact with anyone, and I'm fine with that, but I am not completely shut off from the world. I spoke to my father on the phone yesterday. About a week ago I said hi to a couple of different neighbors when I was out jump starting my dead car battery. I have a couple of those portable power packs that you charge up indoors, and then you can use them somewhere else to provide power, including to jump start a car. I have no garage, or car port, so I was standing on my parking pad working on the car and while I did that the neighbors just happened to go by. People in my complex are always walking or biking around the place, so it's not unusual to see someone when I go out. I make a point of waving and saying HI, so people will know I'm not some anti social creep. I think this has worked, because they all seem willing enough to respond or initiate a wave and a HI with me. Occasionally I will have more involved conversations with them, but due to health problems, I am not outside much. That's why my car battery was dead--I don't get out there and run it often enough, and there isn't a good place to plug a trickle charger in. I do have a small solar charger plugged into the cigarette lighter, but it's just not powerful enough. A bigger one wouldn't fit on my dashboard, so that's not an option.

Drifted off topic again, as I did with a comment to another post tonight. I am not about to give up WP. I like having this outlet for both social contact and useful info. :D

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 4:09 am

Yes, mostly because one user is scaring me with his threats about how he will take down the site.