Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

I just realized that I'm going bald(Thanks dad :( ) Is this going to make getting somebody to fall in love with me harder? I don't want to be alone forever. :cry:

AQ Score:44

Feel free to PM me for any reason at all. I like to talk to people online.

"I do not know what I am, and soon it may not matter." -Mewtwo.

"Time passes, people move. Like a river’s flow, it never ends." - Sheik

"I'm not popular enough to be different." -Homer Simpson

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 2:43 pm

"Is this going to make getting somebody to fall in love with me harder?"

Generally, yes, but not in such extreme matter as many people might think it would.

I'm also a bald(ing) male btw.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 2:52 pm

I don't mind bald guys. When I was younger I was not attracted to bald guys, buy then I did some introspection and now I like them.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 5:32 pm

Bald and fugly here. Girls dig us!

Going/being bald is all about how you play it. The way you go about balding gracefully is by embracing super-short haircuts.

It has its perks, too. First, buy some electric clippers. Personally, I'm a #2, but you want to experiment with different guards to figure out what you like best. You can save a ton of cash since you'll never need to go to the barber or the salon. You can also wash your hair with a bar of soap and a rag. I typically groom myself about every 1-2 months...whereas before I was going about 6 months. So...that's a bit of a downer, but it looks a lot better that way.

If you're balding, don't sweat it. You have joined the fraternity with the likes of Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Shaq, and Patrick Stewart. Get some Turtle Wax and rock that bad@$$ chrome dome!

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 7:59 pm

Most of the women I know really dig baldies. If they see a bald man they will rip off their clothes and beg the man to take them immediately. To be serious, I feel most women are attracted to a man's character and not his physical appearance and I don't think balding would come into play in a woman's decision.

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 8:24 pm

AngelRho wrote:

Going/being bald is all about how you play it. The way you go about balding gracefully is by embracing super-short haircuts.

It has its perks, too. First, buy some electric clippers. Personally, I'm a #2, but you want to experiment with different guards to figure out what you like best. You can save a ton of cash since you'll never need to go to the barber or the salon. You can also wash your hair with a bar of soap and a rag. I typically groom myself about every 1-2 months...whereas before I was going about 6 months. So...that's a bit of a downer, but it looks a lot better that way.

If you're balding, don't sweat it. You have joined the fraternity with the likes of Bruce Willis, Samuel L. Jackson, Shaq, and Patrick Stewart. Get some Turtle Wax and rock that bad@$$ chrome dome!

Is being bald and having a beard acceptable? My beard is pretty bad@$$.

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2014, 8:32 pm

AngelRho wrote:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2014, 11:17 pm

Butterfiend wrote:

Yeah, beards are good.

Don't do what I do, though? I shave once a week so I look good on Sunday, and there's just no point the rest of the week. My wife says it's like kissing a toothbrush. The first day or two after is ok, but I get no lovin' at all the other 5 days. If you keep it just long enough to soften up, you should be in good shape. This will largely depend on the girl. I think the whole Han Solo from Episode V look is the fashionable thing right now, but it's not always easy to find a Princess Leia type with a closeted nerfherder fetish.

The best thing I can tell you is just be yourself. Facial hair attracts attention away from the bald spot and can work in your favor.

I can also tell you Rogaine is pretty effective when used in the early stages. You're just going to have to make it a lifelong commitment, though. That's why I believe in making the bald look work for you early on. My clippers and #2 guard have become my best friends in the grooming department. Highly recommended for making your life easier.

Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 5:03 am

if you're bald, you have to sell it. they won't care if you act confident, hell, some will probably love it.

it's all the same, shaved head, long hair, beard, no beard, everyone has their preferences. it doesn't matter as long as you love yourself.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 6:15 am

Butterfiend wrote:

Yes!

Reference:

Ok, sorry, real reference:

[img][427:491]http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/62/18/8f/62188fc5b21ba8802bb960820e9a54ee.jpg[/img]

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 7:24 am

If you're going bald, the best thing to do in the fashion sense is when you get to a stage to where you just have hair on the sides, shave it off and grow a mustache and beard or go-tee. Dress better. Cultivate charm. Do you know the actor Hector Elizondo? Well, he is as bald as a cucumber, but I find him VERY attractive and have for the last 30 years. There is nothing more sexy than an educated, clean, moral, well-spoken man.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 7:32 am

Uprising wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

Yes!

Reference:

[img][427:491]http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/62/18/8f/62188fc5b21ba8802bb960820e9a54ee.jpg[/img]

How was that first picture done?! He has a chin for a forehead, the ears and mouth are upside down and his beard is the top of somebody's else head!! The eyes and cloths look female. :lol: The second guy looks normal and not too bad looking!!

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2014, 9:16 am

Yes. With or without hair hot guys are still hot.

[img][800:1354]http://i.imgur.com/IMmmP8A.gif[/img]

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2014, 9:26 am

Butterfiend wrote:
I just realized that I'm going bald(Thanks dad :( ) Is this going to make getting somebody to fall in love with me harder? I don't want to be alone forever. :cry:

My ex-boyfriend was going bald and just shaved his head, my husband has hair but shaves his head so I seem to prefer men with less hair up top. :D

LoveforLoki
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2014, 9:30 am

AngelRho wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

Yeah, beards are good.

I love beards, in fact I prefer them but they need to be maintained, they can be any size of course just trimmed up and groomed well.

Butterfiend
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Nov 2014, 4:39 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Butterfiend wrote:

Yes!

Reference:

How was that first picture done?! He has a chin for a forehead, the ears and mouth are upside down and his beard is the top of somebody's else head!! The eyes and cloths look female. :lol: The second guy looks normal and not too bad looking!!

The top one is Justin Beiber's head turned upside down.