Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 3:35 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dillogic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Tensions resulting from years of police abuse of finally exploding in the community owes more to the present turmoil than just Al Sharpton.

I've yet to see evidence of that and on a widespread scale. It's easy to say it is, but it's also easy to show it if it's there.

From all I've read, people living there have way more to fear from their neighbors than any police officer. Though nobody is rioting when they kill each other (which happens often).

Personally, I hope from this all police in the US wear cameras. It'll do wonders in showing guilt.

Really? I watched a news story shortly after the Brown shooting got picked up by the news, in which blacks complained how they were the ones constantly being pulled over and ticketed and arrested, and having to go to court, with hardly a white face in sight facing judgement. Blacks in Ferguson hardly ever trust the police because of the discrimination they've experienced, nor do they have a reason to. And they fear their neighbors more? Well, that's certainly not the case as the Ferguson black community rose up together in protest.

But I agree, police should all be required to carry cameras at all times.