Obamas plan to grant Amnesty to all Illegal Immigrants

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 12:01 am

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-amnesty-pla ... EAv4DQtDMD A very controversial topic for years to come, there is an estimate of 11 million undocumented immigrants in the USA which President Obama plans to give citizenship to, many Americans are outraged esspecially the right wingers and the GOP due to the compromise of border security etc but on the other hand families wont be separated any more due to immigration laws.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 12:11 am

I can haz citizenship too?

O wait, I have autism.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 12:21 am

I see nothing wrong with the desicion. Past presidents have done similar things, and this country hasn't fallen apart yet. In fact, I'd say it will help this country to grant citizenship to all the illegals living within our borders.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 12:25 am

It is not "all illegal immigrants" he is talking about Also, he has tried working with a Congress which has a record number of filibusters, and who have openly vowed to obstruct and sabotage EVERYTHING Obama since the day he was first elected POTUS. Congress refuses to act on ANYTHING but rather depend on the ignorance of American voters enabling them to blame the effects of their obstructionism all on Obama. Its time to stop blaming Obama for everything and realize where the fault actually resides, which is with the ignorance and gullibility of the few Americans who do (but shouldn't) vote, which would be brain dead right wing voters.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 12:39 am

khaoz wrote:
... brain dead right wing voters.

And the left ones are just as brain dead. Though I'd say more than, actually, due to restricting more freedoms than the other side (I weigh it up on which one is more authoritarian).

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 1:22 am

Dillogic wrote:
khaoz wrote:
... brain dead right wing voters.

And the left ones are just as brain dead. Though I'd say more than, actually, due to restricting more freedoms than the other side (I weigh it up on which one is more authoritarian).

Whatever.

I live right smack dab in the middle of GOP'ville and the collective IQ of this community is less than the IQ of the local 4 way intersection stoplight.

The most intelligent level of discourse within 50 miles is sitting at the local bus stop where all of the African American men congregate. There is more intelligent dialogue there than in the lines of the polling place on Nov 4th filled with GOP voters.

luanqibazao
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:18 am

I'd be in favor of amnesty for hardworking and otherwise law-abiding illegals, and a much more open immigration policy in general. But not by Imperial Decree.

Obama is trying to make law, in defiance of Congress, which is absolutely not his job. Those who think it's all perfectly marvelous should consider that someday it'll be a Republican President ruling by fiat.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:25 am

Republicans actually support this. Businesses want this, the Chamber of Commerce wants this, and the rich want this ...

It it the poor/working class people who have to compete with these people. This will help suppress their wages.

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Nov 2014, 2:31 am

that's absurd..
america is losing its identity

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:36 am

Uggh, the conundrum of having a policy I generally support being advanced through a method I deplore, like forcing people to be nice at gunpoint.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 4:27 am

luanqibazao wrote:
I'd be in favor of amnesty for hardworking and otherwise law-abiding illegals, and a much more open immigration policy in general. But not by Imperial Decree.

Obama is trying to make law, in defiance of Congress, which is absolutely not his job. Those who think it's all perfectly marvelous should consider that someday it'll be a Republican President ruling by fiat.

Congress has had multiple opportunities to deal with this issue but instead they are strategizing some way to sabotage everything and blame it all on Obama.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Nov 2014, 6:23 am

Completely lawless. The president now rules by decree, this is officially a dictatorship.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3IWq3CXHyc[/youtube]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 9:27 am

This is such a good move politically for the Democrats. Now that Obama has the Republicans where he wants them, in the house and senate, he can force the issue and put the outcome on their shoulders which will make the Democrats look better for the next election. The huge Latino vote will hate whichever party is responsible for the most deporting.

Locally, we have a large Hispanic population and the media pretty much ignored President Obama's speech and Boehner's response, just putting the issue away. Ferguson, Missouri is a little too close, I suppose.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 10:22 am

Jacoby wrote:
Completely lawless. The president now rules by decree, this is officially a dictatorship.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3IWq3CXHyc[/youtube]
I would say it is lawless and seditious for a sitting Congress to openly vow to obstruct and sabotage every thing Obama says, does or tries to do, before they even have any idea what it is he wants to do. The Congress is defying the will of the electorate, blatantly and maliciously. If they are unwilling to do anything for the country, someone has to, and what Obama is doing is not "lawless" He has initiated the fewest executive actions by any sitting POTUS since McKinley. This crybaby Congress more filibuster c*ckblocks than any Congress in history.

Dictatorship, dictatorship, dictatorship, bleh bleh bleh. Stop parroting right wing talking heads, unless you don't understand what a dictatorship is. If this were a dictatorship someone would have knocked on your door by now and put a bullet in your ear.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 10:34 am

I think Obama's alarmed that there's a Republican majority in both houses of Congress.

Even more than health care, one of his "pet desires" immigration reform. Perhaps he jumped the gun a bit--perhaps he should have waited until he could effect a compromise. Some Republicans weren't as "gung-ho" about immigration issues as others.

I think he will experience problems. I certainly hope the Tea Party and their allies don't try to shut down the Government again.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think Obama's alarmed that there's a Republican majority in both houses of Congress.

Even more than health care, one of his "pet desires" immigration reform. Perhaps he jumped the gun a bit--perhaps he should have waited until he could effect a compromise. Some Republicans weren't as "gung-ho" about immigration issues as others.

I think he will experience problems. I certainly hope the Tea Party and their allies don't try to shut down the Government again.

Obama isn't alarmed at all. In fact, the Democrats are going to use them on the immigration issue which will make Republicans very unpopular in all but a handful of backwoods folk. The Republicans do not want to alienate Hispanics yet they will if they give in to the backwoods fanatics who don't want immigration. They walk a fine line and the only way they can please the Hispanic vote is through giving into Obama. Without Hispanics, Republicans will have a hard time winning the White house. That is just reality.

You think it's coincidence all of a sudden Immigration executive order miraculously appears out of the blue? It is a thought-out political strategy to make the Republicans look bad and it will unless they decide to go along with it.