Obamas plan to grant Amnesty to all Illegal Immigrants

Page 1 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think Obama's alarmed that there's a Republican majority in both houses of Congress.

Even more than health care, one of his "pet desires" immigration reform. Perhaps he jumped the gun a bit--perhaps he should have waited until he could effect a compromise. Some Republicans weren't as "gung-ho" about immigration issues as others.

I think he will experience problems. I certainly hope the Tea Party and their allies don't try to shut down the Government again.

Obama isn't alarmed at all. In fact, the Democrats are going to use them on the immigration issue which will make Republicans very unpopular in all but a handful of backwoods folk. The Republicans do not want to alienate Hispanics yet they will if they give in to the backwoods fanatics who don't want immigration. They walk a fine line and the only way they can please the Hispanic vote is through giving into Obama. Without Hispanics, Republicans will have a hard time winning the White house. That is just reality.

You think it's coincidence all of a sudden Immigration executive order miraculously appears out of the blue? It is a thought-out political strategy to make the Republicans look bad and it will unless they decide to go along with it.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 11:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I think Obama's alarmed that there's a Republican majority in both houses of Congress.

Even more than health care, one of his "pet desires" immigration reform. Perhaps he jumped the gun a bit--perhaps he should have waited until he could effect a compromise. Some Republicans weren't as "gung-ho" about immigration issues as others.

I think he will experience problems. I certainly hope the Tea Party and their allies don't try to shut down the Government again.

Wen has the GOP compromised on ANYTHING with Obama? Why does everyone gloss over the reality that the GOP, since Jan 2009, have openly and publicly stated their intent to sabotage, block and undermine anything and everything Obama brings to the table and to make it their entire agenda to remove him,destroy him, discredit him and everything in between while at the same time launching a public offensive to make sure Americans blame everything THEY are doing, all the damage THEY are doing to our country, on Obama. People who have no idea how our government functions sitting around blaming Obama for EVERYTHING. As if there are no other government officials working in Washington but Obama. What a superbly ignorant American public. Mitch McConnell should be arrested for treason, probably Ted Cruz too. Everything Obama is doing is within his power to do. Nothing illegal. Just give Congress a complete pass on their act of sedition...oh, Americans just did that two weeks ago. Idiots.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 11:33 am

That's 11 million new democrat voters.

Also 11 million new jobseekers competing for jobs.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 11:39 am

YES the ADMINISTRATION IS Looking toward the future, ensuring the next administration WILL be head UP BY a woman President that is the wife of a previous President per 8 MORE YEARS OF CLINTONS X2, IN TOTAL, 16 YEARS IMPACTING TWO CENTURIES.

NOW THAT'S A couples PLAN FOR SUCCESS.

And all in all it's also Karma, and just the way things work.

The 'balance' of Politics goes on, and is so damn predictable these days it's too boring for me to watch.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 11:53 am

Let me emphasize: I am FOR immigration reform.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:10 pm

luanqibazao wrote:
Obama is trying to make law, in defiance of Congress, which is absolutely not his job. Those who think it's all perfectly marvelous should consider that someday it'll be a Republican President ruling by fiat.

I recall saying very much the same thing to my Republican friends during the Age of Dubyah.

Bataar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:27 pm

I am for immigration reform! Making the process to legally come to this country easier and with less delay. I do not believe it's a good idea to slap the people in the face who are trying to do it legally as Obama has done. To be fair, I don't know what the best solution would be, but all this will do is open the floodgates for more illegals to come so they'll be here the next time one of these changes are made, the same way they've done it every single time.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:28 pm

slenkar wrote:
That's 11 million new democrat voters.

Also 11 million new jobseekers competing for jobs.

Eh, one must be a citizen to vote. Nothing he did will grant citizenship to anyone.

Even if what you said were true, it would just be 11 million more democratic voters for Republicans to gerrymander into irrelevance or to disenfranchise through absurd voter ID laws.

sonofghandi
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 2:42 pm

OK, a little clarification on this "amnesty"

It only applies to those who (among other things):
1. apply and pay a fee
2. pass a background check
3. fall into one of two categories: parents of legal residents who have been here for at least 5 years, or limitations identical to DACA on those brought here as children except with a cutoff of Jan 2010

Specifically directs directs immigration officials to concentrate on deporting criminals and those who pose a threat to national security.

Social Security cards (and numbers) will be issued for the purpose of tax liability, but they will not be eligible for ANY Social Security benefits. Nor will they be eligible for welfare, SNAP, TANF, Medicare, ACA subsidies, or "obamaphones" (which don't actually exist). Medicaid is determined at the state level.

It is a temporary reprieve. It does not provide any mechanism for citizenship or permanent legal residence.

It is an executive action, not an executive order (big difference), which means it is fully within the realm of discretion of the executive branch based on current immigration law. It is not even slightly unconstitutional, and has exactly ZERO chance of being successfully challenged on any legal grounds whatsoever. In reality, he could have gone much much further and still been well within his legal authority.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

21 Nov 2014, 3:28 pm

khaoz wrote:
I would say it is lawless and seditious for a sitting Congress to openly vow to obstruct and sabotage every thing Obama says, does or tries to do, before they even have any idea what it is he wants to do. The Congress is defying the will of the electorate, blatantly and maliciously. If they are unwilling to do anything for the country, someone has to, and what Obama is doing is not "lawless" He has initiated the fewest executive actions by any sitting POTUS since McKinley. This crybaby Congress more filibuster c*ckblocks than any Congress in history.

Dictatorship, dictatorship, dictatorship, bleh bleh bleh. Stop parroting right wing talking heads, unless you don't understand what a dictatorship is. If this were a dictatorship someone would have knocked on your door by now and put a bullet in your ear.

Just remember khaoz that the shoe will always be on other foot eventually, once the cat leaves the bag it rarely goes back in. What direction do you think this country is going in when the president can rule by decree, the filibuster is gone and the senate works by simple majority, and the constitution isn't worth the paper it is written on? While you might defend everything our Dear Leader might do the next president always seems to take it one step further.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:01 pm

The Democrats had 2 years of total congressional control in Washington and it's only when the legislative branch is about to be heavily GOP controlled that he does this.
He didn't care about Sgt. Tahmooressi but thinks the world of those who violate the law.

ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm

AntDog wrote:
The Democrats had 2 years of total congressional control in Washington and it's only when the legislative branch is about to be heavily GOP controlled that he does this.

Not quite true - the Democrats never had 'total congressional control' during Obama's presidency because even in the first two years their majority in the Senate was not proofed against a Republican filibuster.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

ScrewyWabbit wrote:
AntDog wrote:

Not quite true - the Democrats never had 'total congressional control' during Obama's presidency because even in the first two years their majority in the Senate was not proofed against a Republican filibuster.

yes they did, they had 60/40 advantage in the senate after the 2008 elections with the defection of Arlen Spector until 2010 when Scott Brown won Ted Kennedy's seat in a special election.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 2:06 am

why is it ok for other presidents to have done this but not #43? :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 2:42 am

anthropic_principle wrote:
that's absurd..
america is losing its identity

America's identity is always morphing and evolving. At the time of our nation's birth, Americans were mostly of British stock, and groups like the Germans and Irish whose descendants today are seen as American as apple pie were often seen as alien interlopers. With each new ethnic arrival, America assimilates them, and we are all changed in time as aspects of their cultures are added to ours. The fact that Americans are from everywhere is what keeps our country fresh and alive.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 3:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
why is it ok for other presidents to have done this but not #43? :scratch:

who said it was okay? I agree with candidate the Obama that that presidency should obey the constitution and respect the checks and balances of power.