Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kidwiththereplaceablehead
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 Mar 2007, 8:20 pm

i can't stand it i used to get teased years ago but thats not it. i have friends but i don't like them. i think teachers are a different breed. i hate this type of learning i love to learn but not like this.

school is a very bad learning enviroment its noisey the kids are sick scum the teachers are paraniod and want to force you to get a good job.

im apolitical (not to be confused with A//Political) and history and english is 90% how greats democrasy vote or get put in jail (Australian) but i don't care but the teachers don't seem to have anything better to do their losers nice ones though but i don't know.

i have major ethical and moral problems with school

and basically its just boring!

11 years 11years! are they nuts you've wasted 11 years of my life and all you've managed to teach me is maths and english

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 8:23 pm

The people are not very intelligent.

RTSgamerFTW
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 9:29 pm

Because the work is too hard,the bullies are thriving.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 10:38 pm

lots of people blindly follow pop culture and don't really care about a lot of things.

people generally look at you in confusement if you're by yourself.

there's this pressure to make friends.

it feels like prison and the pep rallies are like nazi gatherings.

being constantly reminded of college.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Juggernaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 10:44 pm

kidwiththereplaceablehead wrote:
im apolitical (not to be confused with A//Political) and history and english is 90% how greats democrasy vote or get put in jail (Australian)

Do you really get put in jail if you don't vote in Australia? I mean I knew it was mandatory, but to get jailed is ridiculous. I say if you don't care enough to vote, I don't want you to vote. which is why the low voting rates in America don't bother me.

But about school: Yes, I HATE it. My kids are gonna be homeschooled. Right now I want to learn and read so much but ironically I dont have the time because school work is taking too much time. Its a focus on the work, not the learning.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2007, 10:50 pm

kidwiththereplaceablehead wrote:
Right now I want to learn and read so much but ironically I dont have the time because school work is taking too much time. Its a focus on the work, not the learning.

i hate that! i have books that i've been needing to read but i can't because of all my work. i like reading the material but not writing papers. if i feel the need to write a paper then i'll write a paper on it!(yes, i've done this before. mainly, about things that i've been trying work out in my mind.)

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

09 Mar 2007, 5:18 am

[quote=

Do you really get put in jail if you don't vote in Australia? I mean I knew it was mandatory, but to get jailed is ridiculous. I say if you don't care enough to vote, I don't want you to vote. which is why the low voting rates in America don't bother me.

[/quote]

my mum doesn't vote and she hasn't been put in prison she just writes a letter to the gov explain why not, but that is what every teacher will tell you no joke mostly teachers are pretty reasonable people but i've heard em say it. im not exagerating ever one seems to uphold this rumor just to scare ungrateful teenagers i guess.

doesn't it sound rediculus every sensible person knows its not true yet its the govs official stance.

Last edited by kidwiththereplaceablehead on 09 Mar 2007, 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

09 Mar 2007, 5:47 am

Im not one for social isolation i try my hardest to get liked and after years of persistance i managed to make the kids at school like me but well there not all bad then again.

i try to be a bit um humble i spose u could say so i try not to think im so much smarter thaN other people just cause i have AS. its kinda like i try not to think if only i was head of the education department i could fix everything in no time when i probably couldn't do much better.

makeing money is a big theme in school even if teachers deny it the meaning of life is to have a fancy job paah!

hears a Parable (short fable)

there once was a wealthy businessman on holiday in mexico. he took a stroll down by the river and there met a fisherman hard at work. the businessman said to the fisher "why do you work so hard for such a small amount of fish?" the fisherman replied "so i can have enough money to feed my wife and children."but what else do you do with your life said the businessman? "well i spend 3 hours fishing and i take my catch to market, then i go home and spend time with my wife and 4 kids, i have a siesta when its hot and then in the evenings i invite friends over and we make some music and drink some wine." to this the busineness man said "if you only spent 1 hour more fishing you would make more money and be able to save some." "and then what?" said the fisherman. "well then you could by another boat and men to work it and save up yet more money. "and then what?" said the fisherman. "well pretty soon you'd have a whole fleet, then you could biggin to invest in the stock market and soon become a millionaire. "And how long would that take?" said the fisherman. "oh about forty years."and then what?" said the fisherman. "well hears the best part then you could retire, build a little house here in mexico, spend time with your wife and kids, have a siester when its hot and in the evening invite some friends over and make some music and drink some wine.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2007, 2:11 pm

I like learning, and school is better than work, but I hate school because of
-the people (faculty, other students, teachers)
Pretty much everything I hate about school has to do with the people there.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 1:03 pm

tinky wrote:
lots of people blindly follow pop culture and don't really care about a lot of things.

people generally look at you in confusement if you're by yourself.

there's this pressure to make friends.

it feels like prison and the pep rallies are like nazi gatherings.

being constantly reminded of college.

All of that is so true. I wasn't a blind follower, so I never fit in.

I never could figure out a way to describe how I felt about Pep Rallies or the concept of School Spirit, but you hit the nail right on the head. Seems like you're forced to show support and even blind allegiance to an institution for no other reason than the fact you are there and those who don't are shunned. Nazi gatherings, such an accurate discription.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

abstrusemortal
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Mar 2007, 2:35 pm

Yeah, I skipped pep rallies 8)

I don't see the point of them.

PrisonerSix wrote:
All of that is so true. I wasn't a blind follower, so I never fit in.

I never could figure out a way to describe how I felt about Pep Rallies or the concept of School Spirit, but you hit the nail right on the head. Seems like you're forced to show support and even blind allegiance to an institution for no other reason than the fact you are there and those who don't are shunned. Nazi gatherings, such an accurate discription.

The same argument could be proposed for the country a person lives in. For example: A person lives in the U.S.; that person is forced to pledge to that country just because he lives there. If that person doesn't conform to pledging to the U.S., then he is ostracized. There were similar reasons why people went to Vietnam; they were afraid to be ostracized if they didn't go.

Of course, there is always the option of going to another country, but if you're under the legal age in U.S. you don't really have that option unless you're parents want that. You could run away, but then you have to deal with poverty. So until the legal age in the U.S. if you don't love your country you risk becoming ostracized.

The book "The Things They Carried" does a good job of showing what I mean.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 3:56 pm

I homeschool now,but I HATED my old school because the people there were basically pricks and idiots who discriminates against people "different" from them,and the teachers did nothing about it.

-SpaceCase

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 4:21 pm

Superfical, inane people
Lack of opinion on anything intelligent
Lazy people blame their bad grades on the teachers and/or other students and/or stress
Hormone pool
We have an abundance of racist, homophobic people who constantly spurt their opinions around everywhere, regardless if they understand or not.
Small town = no variety
Group projects galore
Different people are closed out.
Superfical, inane school officals (*cough*principals*cough*)

Three years!

-Main-
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Mar 2007, 11:02 pm

My school's not so bad. Hagley is a very accepting, tolerant school, and I mostly get ignored. In fact, I kinda fit in with the other people who don't fit in. We don't fit in together, and have weird conversations and play card games at lunch.

The worst bit about school is the boredom. I don't like being made to think about something. (if it's interesting, then that's different.) I also get distracted easily. I walked out of maths yesterday. I spent the time their making a list of thing in my life that I did and didn't like. Maths was in the didn't like column, so I walked out and went to the counselor to sort my life out. Another good thing about Hagly, is that they employ two full-time counselors for the students and staff.

Last edited by -Main- on 13 Mar 2007, 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2007, 11:58 pm

The people are fools, and my school cares more about how good we do at sports than education. It's like a house for pompous rich kids and jerkass coaches.

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 11:47 am

SpaceCase wrote:
I homeschool now,but I HATED my old school because the people there were basically pricks and idiots who discriminates against people "different" from them,and the teachers did nothing about it.

-SpaceCase

I can relate to that because that's pretty much what I endured.

What really bugged me the most when I was in high school, I took a course in psychology which was taught by the school counselor. I always thought the bullying and harassment went on because administration didn't know about it but it was from her I learned that it went on because they didn't care.

She once said she'd seen it many times how a student gets harassed by other students to the point where they end up transferring out of the school and those who did the harassing just move on to another student. She had been at that school since its founding in 1970(this was around 1986) and had seen it over and over again. What I don't understand was why weren't they taking action if they saw this going on? Why weren't they getting the parents involved? This was a private school and everyone seems to think private schools don't put up with any nonsense since they don't have to take or keep anyone, but that is a lie.

I find it goes on just as much in most private schools because even though they don't have to keep anyone like the public schools, they still need to keep the tuition payments flowing in. Private schools are also biased toward certain students, such as those who's parents are wealthy and/or influential and give nice sized donations to the school. The only private schools that don't put up with anything are the ones that can afford to. If a school has a waiting list for students, they can kick out or drive out a trouble maker and have their spot filled in no time, hense no interuption of money, while a school that isn't full can't afford to do this.

Just my opinion.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"