Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 11:47 am

SpaceCase wrote:
I homeschool now,but I HATED my old school because the people there were basically pricks and idiots who discriminates against people "different" from them,and the teachers did nothing about it.

-SpaceCase

I can relate to that because that's pretty much what I endured.

What really bugged me the most when I was in high school, I took a course in psychology which was taught by the school counselor. I always thought the bullying and harassment went on because administration didn't know about it but it was from her I learned that it went on because they didn't care.

She once said she'd seen it many times how a student gets harassed by other students to the point where they end up transferring out of the school and those who did the harassing just move on to another student. She had been at that school since its founding in 1970(this was around 1986) and had seen it over and over again. What I don't understand was why weren't they taking action if they saw this going on? Why weren't they getting the parents involved? This was a private school and everyone seems to think private schools don't put up with any nonsense since they don't have to take or keep anyone, but that is a lie.

I find it goes on just as much in most private schools because even though they don't have to keep anyone like the public schools, they still need to keep the tuition payments flowing in. Private schools are also biased toward certain students, such as those who's parents are wealthy and/or influential and give nice sized donations to the school. The only private schools that don't put up with anything are the ones that can afford to. If a school has a waiting list for students, they can kick out or drive out a trouble maker and have their spot filled in no time, hense no interuption of money, while a school that isn't full can't afford to do this.

Just my opinion.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 11:55 am

Cyanide wrote:
The people are fools, and my school cares more about how good we do at sports than education. It's like a house for pompous rich kids and jerkass coaches.

I once attended a school like that which cared more about sports than anything else. This school's claim to fame was sports, mostly football, and male students who were not interested in sports were marginalized to say the least.

What really disgusts me about that school is they've been glorified in the national press for their football program and the vice principal/coach, who was never nice to students when parents weren't around, never speaking to a student unless he was yelling at them or trying to intimidate them, has been made out to be some kind of a hero.

I'm just glad I wasn't there long.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

Todd489
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2007, 8:48 pm

I hate school because school hates me.

Starbuline
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2007, 4:31 am

Todd489 wrote:
I hate school because school hates me.

That's a good one. I can 'relate'.

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2007, 12:57 pm

> I feel stupid compared to other people and I can't get good grades even if i try to...
> I can't make any friends, even thought there are great people in my class and i like them... i think they just don't like me for some reason ;/
> Everybody tell me that i have to learn and try to make me feel stupid/lazy ;/ Why do they care about MY grades? It' MY problem... They don't care about me so they shouldn't care about what i do... i don't get it...
> I just don't feel like i can and need to finish highschool.

kingequain
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2007, 3:21 pm

My main problem w/ school is getting myy work done. I want to but, that daggum short attention span keeps me down. Plus, my teachers think that group work is good for me. :?