Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm

Are you afraid of mirrors??? I'm afraid of mirrors especially during night even during the day I only look at myself in the mirror if I really have to and I look for a few seconds only.

CosmicRuss
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:17 pm

I have one mirror above the bathroom sink where I can check I am brushing my teeth properly.
I don't like seeing my image even in a window reflection. It's nothing to worry or be afraid about. :)

catalina
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2014, 6:25 pm

is it because terror films?

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:37 pm

Sometimes I think I like mirrors a little too much.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm

catalina wrote:
is it because terror films?

I never watch terror films so no, the reason I get scared is because whenever I look at a mirror I see reflection which is scary especially if its reflecting people, its scary even pictures are; pictures of people scare me a little also when I see two people who look alike like relatives or twins-twins scare me so much

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2014, 8:12 pm

I know the doctor and author Raymond moody installed a psychomanteum in his parlor for the purpose of communicating with this late grandmother. that is, an arrangement of mirrors aimed away from the person looking at them, from a central vantage point.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 2:23 am

Not particularly, I actually like them.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 3:11 am

I think I like them too much. If I can see my reflection I find it hard not to stare at myself. I just like the way I look I guess.

- Sherlock Holmes

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Nov 2014, 3:36 am

it depends on how i feel

sometimes you look in the mirror and like what you see and sometimes you don't and hyper focus on one aspect

its kind of crazy how you can perception changes and you can look totally fine sometimes and then pick something out about yourself that you hate, i imagine i look the same to other people so I'm guessing I'm wrong on one end... :?

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 4:12 am

Mirrors are sometimes associated with scary stories. I have seen a mirror that was supposed to be haunted. I was disappointed that nothing happened. I like mirrors in general because they are handy.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:14 am

jk1 wrote:
Mirrors are sometimes associated with scary stories. I have seen a mirror that was supposed to be haunted. I was disappointed that nothing happened. I like mirrors in general because they are handy.

The main reason I'm scared of mirrors is horror stories I hear from people xD

Shep
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 8:26 am

CosmicRuss wrote:
I don't like seeing my image even in a window reflection. It's nothing to worry or be afraid about. :)
This is exactly how I feel as well. The only time I can look myself in the eyes is if I'm making a funny face or something. The rest of the time, it just makes me uncomfortable. I can look at the rest of my body fine (hair, beard, arms, etc.), but something about looking myself in the eyes I just struggle to do. Interestingly enough, I have zero problem making eye contact with anyone else, just with myself. Not sure why.

EDIT:
I should also add that looking at myself in the eyes counts towards not only mirrors, but videos and even pictures as well. Not sure what it is.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 6:35 am

Jacoby wrote:
it depends on how i feel

sometimes you look in the mirror and like what you see and sometimes you don't and hyper focus on one aspect

its kind of crazy how you can perception changes and you can look totally fine sometimes and then pick something out about yourself that you hate, i imagine i look the same to other people so I'm guessing I'm wrong on one end... :?

This. I look in the mirror and depending on mood I can either be a handsome devil or an ugly freak, even though my actual appearance hasn't changed.
Zajie wrote:
jk1 wrote:

OP, are you referring to the myth of Bloody Mary?

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 9:31 am

Shep wrote:
CosmicRuss wrote:

I should also add that looking at myself in the eyes counts towards not only mirrors, but videos and even pictures as well. Not sure what it is.

Thats the same case with me

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
it depends on how i feel

This. I look in the mirror and depending on mood I can either be a handsome devil or an ugly freak, even though my actual appearance hasn't changed.
Zajie wrote:
jk1 wrote:

OP, are you referring to the myth of Bloody Mary?

No not bloody mary xD but other I used to hear from people like that girl who was smiling at a mirror then something broke all her teeth and I should include folkatales in this too

d20
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Nov 2014, 3:39 pm

I generally hate seeing myself in mirrors, especially by accident, eg walking past one.

That also applies to photos and videos. I'm quite picky as to which photos of myself I actually like.

And voice too.

Hmm...I guess I'm a bit self-conscious all-round!

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2014, 4:31 pm

I like mirrors, I'm fascinated by them. I like watching things (such as tv) through the mirror. I like watching other people through the mirror.

In fact I could watch the whole world for the entirety of my life through the mirror.

I could stare at myself all day in the mirror too. Not because I'm vain but just because (again), I find it fascinating.

I never look at my reflection when I'm out and about though, in case I see something I don't like. I am really self conscious.