NASCAR 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other 50%  50%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 30

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 4:52 am

newageretrohippie wrote:
Mario Kart ( I hate the cheating AI & that effing Blue Spiny Shell, but I still love the series )
F-Zero ( we NEED a new one in HD, or at least an HD remaster of GX )

Yeah, that blue shell is annoying, but the series is really great.

Yes! Imagine F-Zero on 3DS :mrgreen:

newageretrohippie wrote:
Excitebike
RC Pro AM

Those two were also great fun. Excitebike was my first racing game. :D It was for NES, but I lost it when I let a moron borrow it. Never got it back. I got hold of a copy when it was released for Gameboy Advance, and it's never going anywhere.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Lightligurua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

my faves recently are Mario Kart 7 and 8, really nice games and they are pretty fun. Wipeout is also amazing and Sony really needs to get this going on PS4, Wipeout HD was great and imo should've got Evolution to make that instead of another real-car racer.

Mario Kart
Motorstorm
Wipeout

Czarue
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Dec 2014, 4:19 pm

My favorite racing game is, by far, Stunts. They never made a sequel to this game though, and thus it does not qualify as a game series.

MetalFist
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Dec 2014, 5:25 pm

I would go with Road Rash as my favorite racing game (if its count but it's more like a combat racing game). I also like Excite Bike, F-Zero, and Motocross Mania.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 5:42 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
Venger wrote:
Skilpadde wrote:
My favorite racing games are Mario Kart and F-Zero.

Same here. Strange the F-Zero series hasn't had an entry since 2005 which was for GBA. And there hasn't been one on a console for over a decade(2003). :?

I know. I don't get it either. F-Zero were such great games! I hope Nintendo hasn't given up on the series altogether...

Maybe Nintendo thinks the online-racing(which would probably be mandatory) would be too competitive and/or wouldn't run very smoothly since it's arguably the fastest racing series ever along with having 30 characters on the track at the same time.

:shrug:

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 6:07 pm

Venger wrote:
Maybe Nintendo thinks the online-racing(which would probably be mandatory) would be too competitive and/or wouldn't run very smoothly since it's arguably the fastest racing series ever along with having 30 characters on the track at the same time.

:shrug:

Maybe...

For those of us who never use the online option at all, it's a real pity it counts for so much, if that's the reason.

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Dec 2014, 10:57 pm

For me its the grand turismo series.Ive had most of them and still have 1 and 2.Ive tried a lot of others but you cant beat the realism of gt,i just dont like what they did with some of the things in gt6 but its still good.

AspergersActor8693
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 1:00 am

For me it is the Gran Turismo and Need for Speed series. I have GT 1-5 and enjoy them all. Hoping that I'll get GT6 sometime. I also really enjoy the Need For Speed series, though I tend to enjoy the Hot Pursuit games the most.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 7:44 pm

Favorite series is probably Mario Kart, or Road Rash, or OutRun...hard to decide. I'm not really into racing games much, and I'm not very good at them, but I like those ones.

I also really like Carmageddon, but I don't like the sequels (haven't tried the brand new one yet), although the actual racing itself is a little bland, and the AI is pretty terrible.

Skilpadde wrote:
F-Zero were such great games! I hope Nintendo hasn't given up on the series altogether...

Well Nintendo have been quoted as saying (I'm paraphrasing here) that they don't like to include characters in Smash Bros. who aren't expecting new games, and they keep including F-Zero...also, they've shown up in Mario Kart recently, and I think also Nintendo Land?

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2014, 10:48 pm

^ Guess there's still hope then! :D

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

I do not play racing games, but I loved playing the N64 version of Mario Kart. One of the stages had ice for the track and if you skid on it, you went into the freezing water.

The Battle Mode is ace. You have to burst all of your opponent's balloons using fake item pick-ups, banana skins, red shells and green shells. It reminds me of a retro classic on the NES called Balloon Fight where you have to pop your opponent's balloons and the stages get increasingly more difficult. There was a big fish in the water and other obstacles, so you had to be careful.

newageretrohippie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 1:03 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Favorite series is probably Mario Kart, or Road Rash, or OutRun...hard to decide. I'm not really into racing games much, and I'm not very good at them, but I like those ones.

I also really like Carmageddon, but I don't like the sequels (haven't tried the brand new one yet), although the actual racing itself is a little bland, and the AI is pretty terrible.

Skilpadde wrote:
F-Zero were such great games! I hope Nintendo hasn't given up on the series altogether...

Well Nintendo have been quoted as saying (I'm paraphrasing here) that they don't like to include characters in Smash Bros. who aren't expecting new games, and they keep including F-Zero...also, they've shown up in Mario Kart recently, and I think also Nintendo Land?

As far as Smash Bros goes, Sakurai has explicitly stated that the original Smash Dozen will ALWAYS be on the roster and F-Zero's Captain Falcon is one of the 12 ( unfortunately so is Jigglypuff.... ). I do hope the F-Zero
attraction in Nintendo Land and the Mute City course in Mario Kart 8 ( not to mention the Blue Falcon kart and Captain Falcon Mii outfit from the Amiibo ) mean they're at least considering a new F-Zero. Last I heard they didn't want to do one unless they can incorporate something completely new ( IE lame gimmick that could ruin the series... ), which could be solved if they can figure out how to get a full 30 racer grid to work in online multiplayer ( I'm not a multiplayer guy, but it would be an awesome feature )

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2014, 12:36 pm

Does anyone find as they play a racing game that they're sort of thinking of the car's momentum and how the weight transfers? It seems like as I'm playing rFactor I'm very conscious of this, I don't experience it in a real way, but somehow I'm as aware of it as I am when driving a real car.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IamRob
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Dec 2014, 5:43 pm

^i do all the time when playing gt6.I feel that it is an key aspect of keeping control of the car.I try to transfer the weight right before the turn to give me the right angle to go into the apex.Its a key component of navigating multiple corners.
Just talking about it makes me want to play :D