How has AS affected you in a positive way?

Page 3 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

tyb
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Mar 2007, 8:45 am

AS has not made me better in any way. In fact, AS has only had a negative effect on my life.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 9:52 am

ZanneMarie wrote:
So you have to have them look at it on a case-by-case basis? Did you do that?
It's in progress, just.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 9:58 am

Other positives:

I am honest and don't lie in a destructive fashion.

I know exactly where everything is at the library, which helps me perform my current job well, and helps me find over 90 percent of the items on my Interlibrary Loan list.

I have developed an interest in medical issues and read up on things a lot.

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 11:39 am

Lau wrote:
ZanneMarie wrote:
It's in progress, just.

I didn't see it as a hard fast rule in the States, but our DMV differs by State. Here we have to take tests to get a license and I guess they figure that weeds out the people who can't handle driving for whatever reason, but I am still looking.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 12:47 pm

Greater intelligence, creativity, attention to detail, organiztional skills and the abilty to hyper focus. I am not easily distracted and do not have the burden of useless, petty emotions. I have emotions like everyone else but they exist to serve me, I do not exist to serve my emotions like most NT's do. Just yesterday one of the owners of the company I work for said that if it wasn't for me he really did not think the company would have lasted another year. My job is so complex that I really doubt there is an NT alive who could do it. The lack of social skills caused an awful lot of pain in my life but I have learned to function well enough socially.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 12:54 pm

It makes me feel unique and my memory is almost perfect, also I know I have a strong sense of honesty and justice.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 1:10 pm

ZanneMarie wrote:
Lau wrote:
ZanneMarie wrote:
It's in progress, just.

I didn't see it as a hard fast rule in the States, but our DMV differs by State. Here we have to take tests to get a license and I guess they figure that weeds out the people who can't handle driving for whatever reason, but I am still looking.

If AS affects my driving "adversly" at all, it is the passivity, wide berth, and certain logic and inabilities incompatible with norms in CA. Most of that makes me a BETTER driver, or makes things harder on ME. As for the REST? Well, I always thought it was stupid, and NEVER had to do it, etc... In over 20 years I have driven over 400,000 miles, and had 3 accidents where I was SUPPOSEDLY at fault. I think every one was STAGED! They ALL ended up being bumper denters though. Each one had more damage on MY car! I wish I could say that everyone else drove as well. One ripped my bumper off while I was standing STILL! Some rear ended me in parking lots and freeway ramps, though those didn't cause any visible damage so I never even took their info.

And HECK, the wide berth may have saved my life once when my newly shoed brakes fell apart ON THE FREEWAY because of incompetence!

Steve

trent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Mar 2007, 1:18 pm

I don't know...

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2007, 11:13 pm

sunnycat wrote:
Xenon wrote:
Last week there was some problem with a customer's bill, something just didn't add up but no one could figure out what was wrong. So they had me look at it, and I spotted the incongruity, the cause of the problem.

They like that about me at the gas company...

That's so cool! :) I tend to be a little clumsy...I would make mistakes like leaving out all the one dollar bills when counting the total...

I don't get to handle real money. It was all just numbers on a computer screen. I can't handle real money. Which is why I seldom carry cash.

What happened was, a customer's gas meter hadn't been read for like six months, so when it finally got read we had to correct the estimates. The computer that runs the billing system does it all, but sometimes there's a glitch. And so somewhere along the line something went askew with the corrections. I was able to spot the point where a minor adjustment along the way was missed during the calculations. (Worked out in the customer's favour when it got solved, too. Though it was for less than five dollars.)

Feibel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2007, 10:38 pm

I can visualize the processes and find patterns easily. Processes documentation and analysis. It helps a lot when you are consultant in the supply chain.

My processing and production rates are higher than the norm.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2007, 10:43 pm

Xenon wrote:

I don't get to handle real money. It was all just numbers on a computer screen. I can't handle real money. Which is why I seldom carry cash.

My way to get a handle on it has been to be really tight with it. I figured out what things should cost back in the 80's, and I can't bear the changes. I still think that I should be able to eat well on $20 per week.