What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 1 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:08 pm

I noticed the old spazzergasm-authored "what's the last weirdest dream you had" thread is GONE! so here is its reincarnated self. only this one is a POLL also! :mrgreen:
I dreamt that some nice person held my hand and talked to me kindly and we went places together and did things together. I need MORE dreams like THAT! :heart:
what did YOU dream about last night or whenever? :mrgreen:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
this thread dedicated to Spazzergasm :) MEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEAT

Last edited by auntblabby on 23 Nov 2014, 6:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:20 pm

Last night I dreamed I was watching Sesame Street and they were talking about grandfathers. Then they showed a bunch of Muppets that were supposed to be grandfathers but instead of sweet cuddly old gentlemen like you would expect on Sesame Street they were very strange and creepy with "real" teeth that were crooked or unevenly spaced, deeply wrinkled faces, and really bad breath - so bad it came out in thick orange-yellow clouds. And they were very tall, almost the height of real humans or maybe even Big Bird.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

wow :o that dream makes me think that something in your life is disillusioning you.
anyways, i dreamt i was managing a storefront business downtown in a less savory part of the city, and next door in an empty storefront was a gang banger caged inside of a glass booth. i walked by the booth and he started at me while i looked away, then he kicked a jagged hole in the glass with his bare feet and bashed his way out and went into my storefront business and started harrassing me, then beckoned me to go outside with him, and i stupidly did then it was night time and i was still walking around the neighborhood with him as he aimlessly took spray paint in various colors and marked gang signs all over the streets and sidewalk and signage.then i awoke. :huh:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
this thread dedicated to Spazzergasm :) MEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEATMEAT

Samniss Arandeen
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 6:39 pm

On top of all the nightmares of watching various people close to me die in various, horrific ways? I'll have to say that one night I dreamt of being in The Hunger Games.

"Now I've got something I want to protect. It's you." -Howl Pendragon
"I must be on another planet." -Daria Morgendorffer
"I volunteer! I volunteer as Tribute!" -Katniss Everdeen

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:40 pm

Samniss Arandeen wrote:
On top of all the nightmares of watching various people close to me die in various, horrific ways? I'll have to say that one night I dreamt of being in The Hunger Games.

hope that will not be prophetic.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

23 Nov 2014, 6:49 pm

Hey auntblabby, you left out a lucid dreaming poll :( .

Last night I had a dream that I was on my roof. I noticed it had very old shingles that needed replacing. There were trees growing in my gutters. I was worried that they might ruin my roof, but I looked at the soffits, and they were very strong. I enjoyed being on my roof. It was nice up there. Than I looked at one of the trees. It just didn't seem real, like it should have never grown in my gutter, and did not belong there. I gave it a stare, and it fell over onto the ground. Almost as if I willed it to fall over. I didn't like it there anyways :D . With a blink I was on the ground looking at its trunk and roots. I wanted to see how those roots could have been strong enough to keep a tree rooted in my gutter. It didn't make sence. I let all the other trees live.

The night before I had a dream that i was playing in the woods, and 2 cougars, and a leopard came out of the bushes. They walked up to me, and sat down next to each other facing me. Sitting very calmly and tall. I wanted to pet them, but I didn't know what they would do. The leopard let me touch its paw. They were very nice majestic kitties. :heart:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 6:56 pm

yournamehere wrote:

I FIXED IT! :D one neat new feature! :thumleft: now you can enter that! anyways, your dream sounds like you have high aspirations for self-determination! :wtg:
Cougar
To see a cougar in your dream symbolizes wild beauty, power, grace, and raw emotion. It often refers to feminine power and aggression. Thus, the dream may represent a woman. Alternatively, it indicates lurking danger and death.
Fir
To see a fir tree in your dream indicates your need for clarity in some situation. It also symbolize an end to some aspect of your life and the beginning of something new. Trees
To see lush green trees in your dream symbolize new hopes, growth, desires, knowledge, and life. It also implies strength, protection and stability. You are concentrating on your own self-development and individuation. Alternatively, the dream signifies the cycle of life or the passage of time. To dream that you chop or cut down a tree indicates that you are wasting your energy, time, and money on foolish pursuits.
Roof
To see a roof in your dream symbolizes a barrier between two states of consciousness. You are protecting or sheltering your consciousness, mentality, and beliefs. The dream provides an overview of how you see yourself and who you think you are. To dream that you are on top of a roof symbolizes boundless success.
Paw
To see an animal paw in your dream suggests that you need to trust your intuition and animal instincts. The dream may also be a pun on your "Pa" or father.

andyfzr
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm

Weirdly I rarely dream or if I do its only very brief and I usually forget it very quickly but the only dream I can really still remember and think about is when I was a child of around 4 or 5 when I had a recurring nightmare that something sharp like a wire would come up from under the covers and jab me. It frightened me so much that I've never really been able to sleep properly since then as I used to force myself to stay awake most of the night and I had to keep my hands above the covers for some reason too. And one more dream around the same time after watching a horror film called the premature burial probably the same age and it gave me a terrible feeling of not wanting to die. this fear has stayed with me to this day and ended up with my parents taking me to see a shrink when I was so young I didn't realise it was a shrink till I was older. They told me at the time that he was a special doctor and could read my thoughts so I couldn't lie to him. Yea my parents were a little messed up. I still think about these dreams to this day and still only have odd bits of sleep through the night so maybe its connected, I don't really know for sure.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:22 pm

auntblabby wrote:
yournamehere wrote:

I FIXED IT! :D one neat new feature! :thumleft: now you can enter that! anyways, your dream sounds like you have high aspirations for self-determination! :wtg:
Cougar
To see a cougar in your dream symbolizes wild beauty, power, grace, and raw emotion. It often refers to feminine power and aggression. Thus, the dream may represent a woman. Alternatively, it indicates lurking danger and death.
Fir
To see a fir tree in your dream indicates your need for clarity in some situation. It also symbolize an end to some aspect of your life and the beginning of something new. Trees
To see lush green trees in your dream symbolize new hopes, growth, desires, knowledge, and life. It also implies strength, protection and stability. You are concentrating on your own self-development and individuation. Alternatively, the dream signifies the cycle of life or the passage of time. To dream that you chop or cut down a tree indicates that you are wasting your energy, time, and money on foolish pursuits.
Roof
To see a roof in your dream symbolizes a barrier between two states of consciousness. You are protecting or sheltering your consciousness, mentality, and beliefs. The dream provides an overview of how you see yourself and who you think you are. To dream that you are on top of a roof symbolizes boundless success.
Paw
To see an animal paw in your dream suggests that you need to trust your intuition and animal instincts. The dream may also be a pun on your "Pa" or father.

Thank you auntblabby :D . You're the dream guru now! Three kitty cats mean alot more than that. You left out the leopard, and the fact that they were really nice to me. :wink: .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm

yournamehere wrote:
You left out the leopard, and the fact that they were really nice to me. :wink: .

Leopard
To see a wild leopard in your dream suggests that you will eventually overcome your difficulties through persistence.

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 8:49 am

Last night (weird). I had a dream that me and someone else (don't know who) stuffed someone in a hollow log. Only it was not like an actual person. It was on a sandy beach. The log was half in the sand. It was placed face down, but it was open, as to talk and breath. I tied the end of the log, and staked it to make sure it would not escape. We decided to leave it there. I tried to talk to it before I left to make sure it was alive. It would not answer. I thought it might be dead. Than my dream changed, and I was walking with a tall woman in a crowded room. Our arms were locked. It was a third person view.

Good luck figuring that one out auntblabby :D .

Protogenoi
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

I suffer from horrible and sometimes also painful nightmares. They can be incredibly psychologically disturbing.
My dreams are in high detail, with varying colour schemes. I often remember the dreams well enough to draw and label a map of where I went in the dream.

Two nights ago I had a horrific nightmare where I was being chased around a church by a horde of headless women.

Now take a trip with me but don't be surprised when things aren't what they seem. I've known it from the start all these good ideas will tear your brain apart. Scared, but you can follow me. I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die. - a7x

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 3:02 pm

Protogenoi wrote:
I suffer from horrible and sometimes also painful nightmares. They can be incredibly psychologically disturbing.
My dreams are in high detail, with varying colour schemes. I often remember the dreams well enough to draw and label a map of where I went in the dream.

Two nights ago I had a horrific nightmare where I was being chased around a church by a horde of headless women.

I' m Being Chased!"

Being chased in your dream is one of several common dream theme stemming from feelings of anxiety in your waking life. In such dreams, you could be running from an attacker, an animal, a monster or some unknown figure who wants to hurt or possibly kill you. Flee and flight is an instinctive response to a physical threat in the environment. Thus it is natural to run or hide or try to outwit your pursuer.

Being chased signifies avoidance:

To dream that you are being chased is an indication that you are avoiding some issues in your waking life. The actions in your dream exemplify how you respond to pressure and cope with fears, stress or various situations. Instead of confronting the situation, you have a tendency to run away and avoid issues that you are uncomfortable with addressing..

Being chased signifies close-mindedness :

If someone is chasing you in your dream, then it may also refer to your close-mindedness. You are refusing to acknowledge a certain viewpoint or idea and don't even want to give a listen to any opinion that is different from yours.

Being chased signifies running away from yourself :

Another way to analyze your chase dream is how the pursuer or attacker may be an aspect of your own Self. Perhaps you are suppressing or rejecting certain feelings or certain characteristics of your Self. Anger, jealousy, fear, and even love can manifest as a threatening figure in your dream. And you could be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser.

Being chased signifies fear :

Running from an attacker in your dream may simply represent your fear of being attacked. Such dreams are more common among women than men, who may feel physically vulnerable in their surroundings. All you have to do is turn on the news to hear stories of violence and sexual assault.

Conclusion:

In understanding your own dream of being chased, ask yourself who is chasing you so that you can gain a better understanding . What are you running from? Turn around and confront your pursuer and ask them why they are chasing you.

Consider the distance or gap between you and your pursuer. This indicates your closeness to the issue. If the pursuer is gaining on you, then it suggests that the problem is not going to go away. The problem will surround you, until you confront and address it. However, if you are able to widen the gap between your pursuer, then you are able to successfully distance yourself from the problem. In essence, the problem is fading away.

To see a headless body walking around or dream that you are headless means that you are not using your head. You are not thinking clearly. Or the dream suggests that you have literally lost your mind. Consider how the body is dressed or the condition of the body. If the body is naked, then it implies that you are being too gullible or too trusting of others. If part of the body is burnt or wounded, then it indicates that your mindlessness have put you in harm's way.

To dream that you are inside a church suggests that you are seeking for spiritual enlightenment and guidance. You are looking to be uplifted in some way. Perhaps you have made some past mistakes which have set you back on your path toward your goals. With proper support, you will get on the right track again. Alternatively, the dream may also mean that you are questioning and debating your life path and where it is leading. You are reevaluating what you want to do.

Fibbox
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Nov 2014, 4:28 pm

The last weird dream i had was one where there was a lot of water, castles and statues with archaeologists around, when i asked them why they used 6 cats to pull a statue (the statues were like 6 meters tall) he said that they were cheap and 3 of them were pretty much as strong as a cow. It probably one of the weirdest things i've experienced, but in a good way. I felt rather comforted when i woke up, i recall.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 4:40 pm

I told a co-worker yesterday that she needs to behave herself in my dreams.

That kind of surprised her.

I explained that I had a dream that morning in which she had become very mentally deranged and was stalking her small dog with a butcher knife and trying to stab it, but that every time she came just in reach of the dog, someone would call it and it would move away just in time for the knife to barely miss it.

The dream was rather unusual in that most of my dreams tend to be about floating. I think that what brings up the dreams is that I'm moving along in my dream but have no sensation of weight on my feet since I'm lying down. Therefore, I logically must be moving without touching the ground and since I'm not touching the ground I can be anything from inches off of the ground to very high in the air.

The heights I seem to reach in my dreams tend to be no more than about 20 feet off of the ground and usually within inches of the ground. On rare occasions, I may be much higher in the air and even in the clouds.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 5:13 pm

wow, eric, that sounds like a long series of lucid dreams you've been having.
anyways, i dreamt i was taking a shower and i got out and looked in the mirror and noticed that i had vastly enlarged skin pores with abundant "brownheads" that would rupture and would emit stinkless feces in long ropes. some of the brownheads just hung out there like overstuffed sausages. i picked them off one by one, then noticed in the reflection that my sister was standing behind me looking at me with curiosity. all through this dream the song "christmas star" [from the "home alone" movie] was playing, "Star light, shine bright- See me through the dark night- Light mine, half way; Guide me home for Christmas Day." then I awoke very late. :huh: