What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 199 of 249 [ 3971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 196, 197, 198, 199, 200, 201, 202 ... 249  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2020, 8:15 pm

i dreamt i was driving down the main drag of my old home not far from the neighborhood that i used to live in. there was this new building, a block long, made out of turquoise marble. it was set back away from the roadway with a too-small parking lot with some shrubbery and trees leavening the blacktop. i parked there and walked into the building and noticed that aside from a wide vestibule, the block-long width of the building, there didn't seem to be any doorways for the general public to enter the rest of the building, but i saw apertures materializing in the walls and some employees, dressed from head to toe in skin-tight blue spandex suits, emerged and exited into the parking lot, where they de-materialized. after a while of wandering, i exited also and got back in my car and pulled out onto the main drag, i tried to step on the gas but my car only creeped forwards, the other traffic passed me like i was up on blocks. then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2020, 6:51 pm

i dreamt i was in an old gymnasium used as a musical auditorium, there were no people in there other than me up on the podium in front of a symphony orchestra that was just off-frame, as it were, in my dream, as i watched myself up on the podium, tall and slender and wearing dark woolen slacks, loafers, a white long-sleeve dress shirt with no tie, open at the collar. at the downbeat, i started the piece, "prelude to act III Lohengrin" and flailed my arms about, stretching and contorting and gesticulating in a desperate attempt to wring every last ounce of music out of my straining orchestra, and at the climax at the end, in a peak of musical ardor with emotions at a fever pitch, i must have had my baton quivering in mid-air 10' high above the podium as i held that last note in a crescendo before cutting off. i awoke with my face wet with tears.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 10:19 pm

i dreamt i was reporting for work in a hospital L&D unit i'd never been in before, i was in the employee breakroom eating a snack, with two housekeepers on break, then i exited and made my way to the scrub sinks where i washed my hands, only the water pressure was so low [and the water so hard with minerals] it was just a trickle coming out of any faucet, so the soap wouldn't even wash off despite scrubbing. i was careful not to dislodge a 3"x5" tan bandage on my right wrist, i don't know why it was there. frustrated, i towelled off my soapy arms and walked into the corridor between the delivery rooms [where babies were born] and i could see through a window in an empty open room, that it was blizzarding outside, and then i recognized a nurse i worked with in real waking life, looking as she did 30 years ago, and i said to her in jest, "lordy, them babies gonna be comin' out of 'em now!" and she quietly, with a sly grin, said something almost inaudible to me, "just give 'em to" - [greg or grace or gray, couldn't tell what name she said despite her repeating it to me]. then i awoke.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2020, 11:18 pm

I dreamt about a giraffe the other night it was trying to get in the house, and I was trying to stop it getting in.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2020, 12:04 am

Generally, a giraffe in your dreams symbolizes welfare and happiness. But there are some shadows of the meaning. If you're seeing a giraffe in your dream, it signifies that at this moment you aren't able to make your dreams and plans come true. Some more time and efforts are needed to reach your goals.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2020, 2:56 am

i'd love to dream of being on the moon.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 3:22 am

i want more luxury car dreams.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2020, 12:05 am

I have PTSD [one-time childhood sexual assault, years of bullying, lifelong social isolation, lifelong conditional depression {not clinical or chronic, I never responded to meds and when I am depressed there are genuine reasons for it}, physical and emotional abuse at home years ago, multiple natural disasters, multiple car accidents, ten years of police targeting, which was followed by five years of cocaine addiction {the unwarranted police targeting was actually the straw that broke me into regular drug abuse, I have over seven years sober now}]. My PTSD is more under control now than it has ever been. I have had multiple prophetic dreams, but usually they're either random or symbolic.

When I was on drugs [not the prescription meds, the kind which one feels good on, lol] I suffered a recurring dream of being in the back seat of a driverless car speeding across a very high, narrow bridge and the car would always go off of the bridge and I would wake up just before it hit. The bridge from the dream was most definitely the old Huey P. Long bridge just outside of New Orleans. It used to be two extremely narrow lanes, originally built as one lane with a small shoulder [since renovated to three full lanes with shoulders on both sides of the road] and it still stands about 150 feet [I guess 45-50 meters] above the Mississippi River. After a year or two of this dream, I would scramble into the front seat to attempt to take control of the car, but either the wheel or the breaks wouldn't work [sometimes neither]. About two months after I got clean, I had the dream one last time and got into the front seat, took control of the vehicle, and made it safely across the bridge to the other side.

My latest one, which I have had at least once before, dozens of strangers were coming into the house I live in and taking everything, even prying up floor boards and porch banisters and such. I would yell and try to physically stop them, but they couldn't [or wouldn't] hear me, and didn't react to my physical attempts to stop them. Based on the people in the area I live in, I honestly wouldn't put it past them, LOL. To paraphrase our illustrious president, this place is a real s#!thole, but that's american conservative Anglo Christians for ya.... :skull:

“Politics is the art of controlling your environment.”
― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 2:42 pm

^^^^ IMHO that dream is telling you to get the H outta that place, and soon.

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2020, 6:10 pm

auntblabby wrote:

Probably, yeah. Got nowhere to go, though. Modern America isn't exactly a land of opportunity, and starting out from homelessness isn't a better option than living where I'm at during a pandemic, tempting though it was in the past. In Portland, I could have had a shared apartment and a guaranteed job after no more than six weeks on the street as long as I stayed sober [easy for me, I don't like being drunk and I don't use drugs]. Not to sound like I'm at risk, or anything of that nature, but whatever happens happens. I've done about all I'm ever going to be able to do in life. Some people are destined to have good families, great friends, be successful, and enjoy life. Then there's people like me. Doesn't mean I can't do things I enjoy by myself until my clock runs out. C'est la vie, n'est pas...? 8)

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 7:39 pm

DeepBlueSouth wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Probably, yeah. Got nowhere to go, though. Modern America isn't exactly a land of opportunity, and starting out from homelessness isn't a better option than living where I'm at during a pandemic, tempting though it was in the past. In Portland, I could have had a shared apartment and a guaranteed job after no more than six weeks on the street as long as I stayed sober [easy for me, I don't like being drunk and I don't use drugs]. Not to sound like I'm at risk, or anything of that nature, but whatever happens happens. I've done about all I'm ever going to be able to do in life. Some people are destined to have good families, great friends, be successful, and enjoy life. Then there's people like me. Doesn't mean I can't do things I enjoy by myself until my clock runs out. C'est la vie, n'est pas...? 8)

so jog my memory, what is keeping you from portland again?

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

28 Sep 2020, 11:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
DeepBlueSouth wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

so jog my memory, what is keeping you from portland again?

3000 miles and no money. Also, there's a pandemic and most of the counties my mother was considering buying in outside of Portland are kind of on fire right now, and that's going to get worse and worse every year. Two natural disasters is enough for someone her age, and myself too as far as I'm concerned. She doesn't have any family or friends down here, and I don't have any family or people I could lean on up there, though they might try to help me out, I value their friendship more than a chance at lower-middle class mediocrity in Portland. Rent and land value have skyrocketed up there even in the past two years, it's just not affordable, barely so even for the people who live there now. Besides, the only real difference between what I'm doing down here and what I'd likely be doing up there is that cannabis is still illegal down here [for now], so I don't burn. I just can't deal with NT's in the workplace anymore, I prefer to work alone. Most bartending jobs I get down here are off the table solo gigs where I make cash and keep the tips. Spending all the time alone as I have, processing what's happened to me in the past thirty years has given me self-worth and a spine. I can make enemies pretty quickly when somebody tries to use me or trick me into doing something I don't believe is right [this is the number one reason I don't date, and has usually limited the time I spend at any given job], I stand up for myself, which is fairly new to me.

Living down here is way more affordable on limited income [or disability], even if good jobs aren't readily available. Hell, each year I meet more and more Californians and Oregonians down here who've relocated [here] so they could afford to buy a house before they have kids. The West is about as close to paradise as I've ever seen, but beneath the surface, the same problems exist up there as do down here, and as long as wages are stagnant nationwide, and rent and mortgages are what they are... there literally isn't a city in America that I could afford rent in on my own. I've been stolen from and stuck with bills and chores so many times, I never want a roommate again, so I'm perfectly fine with taking care of my mother in her golden years, which gives me a roommate I can actually trust [and genuinely enjoy being around] to say nothing of free rent in exchange for shopping, cooking, cleaning, and home repair [which I'd be doing anywhere else on my own anyway]. As Alan Watts once said, better to have a shorter life doing things you enjoy than a long life doing things you don't enjoy, making money for other people, and working towards goals you don't believe in.

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 12:07 am

i still think you should consider the southern half of western washington - outside of king, thurston, pierce and clallam counties is still relatively affordable. :idea:

DeepBlueSouth
Toucan
Toucan

29 Sep 2020, 1:00 am

auntblabby wrote:
i still think you should consider the southern half of western washington - outside of king, thurston, pierce and clallam counties is still relatively affordable. :idea:

I dunno.... My back is absolutely destroyed, and I'm just getting too old to go back to school and start over again in a new career. Maybe in my next life.

― Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2020, 1:08 am

DeepBlueSouth wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I dunno.... My back is absolutely destroyed, and I'm just getting too old to go back to school and start over again in a new career. Maybe in my next life.

i know what a destroyed back feels like, believe me. WP needs a pain emoji. this one comes close- :pale:
there are lots of taverns and bars here at least.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2020, 11:24 am

Last night I dreamed I went back in time to when a kid in what might have been Grade 4 or 5, and I was in the classroom to my old school, where I asked my teacher to show me drawings I had made. And when she did, I started crying a lot. It may have been due to the nostalgia, or because back then I actually believed I would be a real cartoonist one day because adults always said how well I could draw for a kid my age but instead I'm a total failure and maybe my drawings aren't really that good at all. :(