What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 159 of 249 [ 3971 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 156, 157, 158, 159, 160, 161, 162 ... 249  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:13 pm

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
I barely remember my dad showing up [from the hereafter] and warning me about something.

Was he a good communicator during his lifetime?

a brutal communicator, yes. whether it was ultimately good, I leave that for god to decide.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2018, 1:31 pm

I had a dream this morning in three parts. In all three parts, I was a rather old grad student in a major university.

In the first part, I was wanting to take a course on an advanced math topic in topology. So I went to the math department and they said that they would offer it that fall just for me. So when the class schedule came out, sure enough, there it was but with me listed as the prof.

It turned out that made me the prof for the course I wanted to take and I was the only student. So three times a week, I had to prepare a lecture and give it in an empty classroom. Profs and other grad students would walk by, look into the classroom, and laugh. I would assign homework which I would dutifully do and turn in so that I could grade it. And I wrote the tests, took the tests, and graded the tests. Even though I didn't get a 100 on everything, I was at the top of the class and did make an 'A'.

Then there was a brief, but unexciting part about going to eat. It had one element of an occasionally recurring dream in which there was an area just off the campus where there were lots of restaurants catering to students. In most dreams, I'm trying to find one particular restaurant that serves Indian food, but can never find it. This time I went to the campus dining hall to eat since I can never find the Indian restaurant that I know to be there.

The third part was about fixing a car. Another grad student's car was broke down in a parking lot and asked me to help fix it. I said sure and told him that I would be back in a few minutes with my tools. He said that he had tools but I insisted that I only felt comfortable using mine. When I came back, I had things like a mass spectrometer, gas chromatograph, an oscilloscope, ground penetrating radar, and various types of lasers.

After looking at it, I told him that we would have to call a tow truck to move his car to another parking lot before we could fix it. He asked why and I told him that the car had lost its electrons and needed to be moved near the cyclotron so that we could inject new electrons into the car and that there wasn't enough room to move the cyclotron to that parking lot. So I went off to get a tow truck.

When I got back with a tow truck, his car wasn't there. I asked someone where it was and he said that he saw the grad student had changed the tire, started it up, and drove away.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 12:14 am

i dreamt that i was in some european-style castle-like building made of red stone, in some european place. i was with a hospital co-worker from long ago [we didn't get along then IRL and barely spoke in the dream] and her husband, we slept together in a large empty room overlooking a courtyard with a view of a valley outside the large windows. the coworker commented on how good a sleep she had in that big ol' airy red rock room with high ceilings. we got up at mid-morning, it was sunny outside and brilliant blue skies, indeterminate temperature but on the warmer side. i went out into the hallway which was wider than a typical house, and another person there, a young blonde female wearing form-shifting clothing - one moment in a filmy white slip of a dress, then she was in blue and red skiing garb with maroon knit cap and goggles around her neck - beckoned me to go with her into the kitchen where the help was letting us help them clean up after the breakfast meal in exchange for the leftover food, and as i was clearing off tables i noticed there were big black ant-like and roach-like bugs crawling all over the food. i noticed a curious form of dessert, it was these stone mini-statues the size of coin rolls, the mini-statues were of shapely women draped in toga-like cloth and holding a table over their heads, the table was topped with blueberry icing. then i awoke without having had a chance to eat anything. :|

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:12 am

I don’t remember the context, but there was some very ... eccentric individual, and I said, “She’s on the wrong side of the house of the potatoes.”

I still don’t get what that means. :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 1:33 am

^^^

House
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. Specific rooms in the house indicate a specific aspect of your psyche. In general, the attic represents your intellect, the basement represents the subconscious, etc.
Potato
To see potatoes in your dream represent your earthiness and simplicity. Alternatively, the dream may be a metaphor that you are being a "couch potato". In other words, you are being lazy. Or seeing a potato in your dream may also be a metaphor that some issue is like a "hot potato". A situation is being passed around instead of properly dealt with; nobody wants to handle the issue.
mebbe the dream person was commenting on some waking life situation in the family where there were issues nobody wanted to deal with? and/or that somebody, a sibling or a friend, thinks one ought to divorce oneself from the family with intractable issues, rather than stick around and fight. who knows?

fromamegaverse
Raven
Raven

15 Oct 2018, 2:11 am

That I was in an ant colony, and woke cuz I crunched from being stepped on in my dream

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:49 am

Dreamt about watching a former classmates mom wave through the window of the house

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 6:23 pm

i dreamt i had been financially defrauded by somebody on eBay that i'd bought something off of, so next thing i knew i got a call from an attorney offering to take me to a special court where i'd mostly represent myself with his help, so on the appointed day i arrived looking seriously out of place with my ponytail and tank top and thin slacks and weather-beaten windbreaker [my real-waking-life "uniform"] in a small white-painted courtroom with blue-gray short-nap carpeting, blue-gray upholstered chairs, dark walnut tables and railings. everybody else there was dressed in business formal attire, the attorneys wearing blue suits and wingtips. i was wondering at that point if i was a fish out of water, i had not brought any documentation with me, naively thinking they'd just ask me a few questions and nothing more, which evaporated once i saw all the attorneys crowding around the table. i first sat in the witness chair but later on everything crowded up to me including the legal table and when i looked up at the ceiling i was amazed to see it was a gymnasium up there with ceiling vent windows that had been opened by some high-schoolers climbing pegs on the walls to reach the levers, and i felt a welcome breeze of cool outside air waft through the room. i looked through a gap at the wall and saw the inner workings, made of unfinished wood, with giant crude windows facing a cement courtyard with buildings on the other side about 100.' in there, i noticed a giant wooden water tunnel on the right wall, water somehow resting at one end of the gap lapping as if it were a lake- then a workman partially out of sight did something and the water came gushing out in one big 6' diameter 10' long plug that went GUSH! into the other end of the tunnel. i commented to some elderly gray haired woman, who was somewhat frail and very slender, and wearing an old-fashioned gray cap and woolen gray business dress of the 40s and 50s, with black eyes - "my, isn't this physical plant grand?" to which she curtly replied, "the floorplan is substandard, i could do better," then walked away. one of the blue-suited attorneys shouted at one of the jury panel, and then i noticed the relatively dead acoustic of the place, it sounded like the small room it originally was before it expanded. then i looked back at the courtroom cum gymnasium when i noticed it had grown substantially wider and deeper, and each time i looked up at the ceiling and then looked down the room expanded again somehow until it was a full-sized gymnasium. then i awoke. :?

Last edited by auntblabby on 15 Oct 2018, 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

15 Oct 2018, 7:48 pm

Last dream I had, that I can remember, I was covered in ticks.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 9:39 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i had been financially defrauded by somebody on eBay that i'd bought something off of

I was once defrauded on eBay, but it was for about $15. It was for flea medicine for dog. In retrospect, I think that the seller probably worked for a vet practice and was stealing the flea medicine and selling it online and got caught. I watched for a long time and the thief didn't appear to use that username again.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 9:44 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt i had been financially defrauded by somebody on eBay that i'd bought something off of

I was once defrauded on eBay, but it was for about $15. It was for flea medicine for dog. In retrospect, I think that the seller probably worked for a vet practice and was stealing the flea medicine and selling it online and got caught. I watched for a long time and the thief didn't appear to use that username again.

my local post office tends to lose my mail so too often if I ordered something online, some larcenous yahoo [neighborhood is full of 'em] gets it instead of me and steals it for himself and never bothers returning it for remailing to the proper recipient. :x

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 9:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

my local post office tends to lose my mail so too often if I ordered something online, some larcenous yahoo [neighborhood is full of 'em] gets it instead of me and steals it for himself and never bothers returning it for remailing to the proper recipient. :x

I suspect that is a big problem in many places.

When I lived in one suburb of Houston years ago, every couple of months or so, I'd get a letter for one of the neighbors. I always took it over to whatever neighbor it was for, even the one who lived nextdoor who was a major ahole.

Not once did anyone ever bring a letter to my door that was misdelivered.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2018, 10:54 pm

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I suspect that is a big problem in many places.

When I lived in one suburb of Houston years ago, every couple of months or so, I'd get a letter for one of the neighbors. I always took it over to whatever neighbor it was for, even the one who lived nextdoor who was a major ahole. Not once did anyone ever bring a letter to my door that was misdelivered.

yeh, I seem to be the only one in the neighborhood who honors the golden rule. everybody else observes the iron rule instead.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 3:29 am

WARNING-ADULT CONTENT-

I dreamt I was the cameraman on a television variety show, there were male dancers wearing gray suits, female dancers in white sequined miniskirts, and one of the males molested one of the females with a phallic-appearing stage prop, and she was shocked and turned around and was about to slap the beejeez outta said perp but he ran away, and when she turned to me I shouted at her, "I SAW WHAT HE DID, IT'S ON TAPE!!" then I awoke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2018, 4:20 am

I dreamed that I was a medical student and that they had come up with a human-like robot that could mimic a great many diseases for use in training new doctors. Different parts of the robot could swell up or shrink. They could give off any odor. It could speak, but like real patients, it would tell the doctor what it thought he needed to know, not what the doctor actually needed to know. For things like x-rays and CAT scans, they had a machine that would give the results that were intended for the lesson without actually doing an x-ray or CAT scan.

In my examination of it in the dream, one eye was normal -- the other was the size of a softball and was a very putrid gray with cracks all over it and it had a very evil grin on its face. I was supposed to diagnose that it had a broken leg.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Oct 2018, 8:16 pm

i dreamt i was working in some kind of kitchen, under an executive chef, and a sous chef was having me assist him in slicing/sectioning some seasoned ham slices, he needed help because his left arm was disabled for some reason, so i took a fork and held the meat slices in place while he sectioned them with his working right arm.