What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 174 of 248 [ 3965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176, 177 ... 248  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:34 am

Claradoon, i wasn't able to find much, on dreammoods.com-
Swamp
To see a swamp in your dream symbolizes the repressed and dark aspects of yourself. You may be feeling insecure. The dream may also be a pun on feeling swamped from work, a relationship, or other emotional burden. To dream that you are walking through a swampy area foretells that you will find yourself in an adverse situation. You may experience setbacks and disappointments in love. Alternatively, walking through a swamp in your dream denotes the attainment of prosperity and pleasure through dangerous and underhanded means.
House
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. To dream that water is rising up in your house suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions. Dreaming that the house is floating means that you do not feel grounded. Perhaps you need to do some soul searching. It may also point to your lofty aspirations. To dream that you are on stilts indicate that you are feeling insecure. A situation or relationship is unstable. You are doing your best trying to balance various aspects of your life.
Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage, impulsiveness and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations. Consider the phrase "seeing red" to denote anger. Alternatively, the color red in your dream indicates a lack of energy. You are feeling tired or lethargic. Living in a red house would seem to indicate one or more of the aforementioned things, esp. the feeling of exhaustion or paralysis or a feeling of no progress.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:28 pm

i dreamt i was at some elderly lady's loft apartment in town somewhere, i noticed high ceilings and exposed electrical conduits and HVAC ducting, corrugated metal paneling behind it all, punctuated by timbers. i was in her somewhat messy bedroom where she had a blond wood Hammond Tonewheel Organ, curiously sans drawbars, i answered an advert for a used organ and this was it. it had a good tone, but i could tell a few of its motors or its master controller were on their last legs, there was some notes that popped or faded in which is abnormal for those tonewheel organs. so after playing it a bit, i politely declined right at the same time some other prospective purchaser knocked on the door, she answered and let the older couple [two women] in, the organ-selling lady demonstrated the organ to them, one of the women sat on the bench and played the thing right musically, the lady explained some of the features of this organ to the couple, i kept silent about the worn out motors/contacts/etc. i found in it, the couple were impressed so they handed over to the lady some cash and carried it away out the door. then i awoke.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 5:24 pm

I had a dream about a rocket (probably from Russia) that crashed into a forest. The forest caught fire. I thought the thing to do was run away but the forest was too thick for me to get through. Then, my dream focused on a primitive man who lived in a forest. He had two paths leading to his home at the top of a mountain or hill. it seemed easy for him to flee anything that came up. For some reason, i felt the primitive man was all that was left after modern man had destroyed himself.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 3:00 pm

I had a really vivid dream last night. In one part I was trying out different smart phones, and they were so damn detailed that it felt as if I were awake. Another part I was driving around narrow streets on a dirt bike, and down stairs and out through the back of a banana store in an Asian market. I had some interesting conversations and interactions with people some of who I made friends with. The conversations and their personalities(people I've never met before) seemed so real. I also seem to dream a lot about science fiction-like sky scrapper hotels, some of which are floating high in the sky. The dream was complete with the sense of sounds, temperature, feel of the wind on my skin, the sensation of touch of objects I picked up or touched. LDN produces some crazy vivid dreams that are actually more enjoyable and interesting than my real life ever could be.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 7:42 pm

One fairly common dream that I have from time to time involves going into a library to look for books.

The library never has an index nor does it have librarians. What it does have is closely shelves of books in a large area -- maybe 150 by 150 feet -- over several floors. In general, books on a topic are found in the vicinity of other books on the topic, but not always. When you return a book, you just put it back on any shelf.

And there are books of every topic or even on opposite sides of the same topic. For example, there are books proving each side of mathematical conjectures that are, as yet, unproven.

In the dreams, I'm always looking either for specific books or for books on specific topics. And I never find them.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 1:02 pm

I dreamed that something or someone running groped on my chest so hard, I woke up in shock. 8O :oops:

There no outside factors this time. Yet it felt really real...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 4:06 pm

My dream I was having when I woke up this morning was really strange. I dreamed that a brand new company hired me, without me actually applying, to support an old accounting system on a PDP-11 computer with the RSTS/E operating system.

I asked them where they were going to get the PDP-11 and they assured me that wasn't a problem and it wasn't a simulator like is available to run on modern computers.

They already had a whole bunch of software developers who were really gung-ho and convinced that they were going to conquer the accounting world with an accounting system that I can't even remember the name of any more. And they were all in suits and ties and had their doubts about me because I don't have a suit that fits (the last suit I bought was about 25 years ago) and the only ties I wear are bolo ties. They assured me that with a good suit and a good tie, I would fit right in and be one of the gang.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2019, 7:14 pm

i dreamt a long one- first i was in my place at night, in the kitchen, all the windows were with the curtains open, it was dark and spooky outside, so i systematically closed all the curtains all over the place but in the kitchen the curtains resisted closing for some reason, only with great effort did i get them to clumsily close in a crooked manner. then i found myself in the living room only it was of another house, an old one my sister used to live in decades ago, it was suddenly attached to my house, and the curtains were open therein - as i reached to close them i noticed something out of the bottom of my vision, a toddler was playing on the carpeting below, and i wondered aloud in the dream, "WTF??! !" then i turned to my right and found 3 more toddlers, one of them spoke to me as an adult, saying to me, "yes, we are here and are not figments of your imagination, our parents left us with you 2 months ago," she said with a resigned adult tone, in an adult voice. i was about to ask her why, when i found myself behind the wheel of a late model Volkswagen Passat, driving down the road, zooming up and down hills when i noticed the seat was very uncomfortably squeezing my backside, so i drove home to my folks' house to retrieve some special orthopedic pillow to put down on the driver's seat. my late parents were there just as they were in the 1970s, not aged. then i got back in the car and tried driving to work only to find i was detoured onto an impossibly steep downhill followed by an uphill which detoured further onto a steep 45 degree incline ribbon of cement leading up to mid-air with a steep drop-off of about 6 feet, with railroad ties beneath and somehow a short hop to the ground below despite the great climb. there were workmen down below working to lay down a new pavement, and i got out of the car and hopped down onto the railroad ties only to remember with a fright, "what about my car??! !" i asked one of the workmen to help but they told me to just hop back up into the car and put it into reverse, i did that and it transformed into a toy car, whose narrow width more easily negotiated the narrow ribbon until it got to about 6 feet from the bottom, whereupon i had to get out and lift the car down to the ground. and as i got back in to drive to work, i awoke.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 May 2019, 4:01 am

I dreamt I turned 80yo in excellent health but nobody was interested.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

17 May 2019, 9:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
i dreamt a long one- first i was in my place at night, in the kitchen, all the windows were with the curtains open, it was dark and spooky outside, so i systematically closed all the curtains all over the place but in the kitchen the curtains resisted closing for some reason, only with great effort did i get them to clumsily close in a crooked manner. then i found myself in the living room only it was of another house, an old one my sister used to live in decades ago, it was suddenly attached to my house, and the curtains were open therein - as i reached to close them i noticed something out of the bottom of my vision, a toddler was playing on the carpeting below, and i wondered aloud in the dream, "WTF??! !" then i turned to my right and found 3 more toddlers, one of them spoke to me as an adult, saying to me, "yes, we are here and are not figments of your imagination, our parents left us with you 2 months ago," she said with a resigned adult tone, in an adult voice. i was about to ask her why, when i found myself behind the wheel of a late model Volkswagen Passat, driving down the road, zooming up and down hills when i noticed the seat was very uncomfortably squeezing my backside, so i drove home to my folks' house to retrieve some special orthopedic pillow to put down on the driver's seat. my late parents were there just as they were in the 1970s, not aged. then i got back in the car and tried driving to work only to find i was detoured onto an impossibly steep downhill followed by an uphill which detoured further onto a steep 45 degree incline ribbon of cement leading up to mid-air with a steep drop-off of about 6 feet, with railroad ties beneath and somehow a short hop to the ground below despite the great climb. there were workmen down below working to lay down a new pavement, and i got out of the car and hopped down onto the railroad ties only to remember with a fright, "what about my car??! !" i asked one of the workmen to help but they told me to just hop back up into the car and put it into reverse, i did that and it transformed into a toy car, whose narrow width more easily negotiated the narrow ribbon until it got to about 6 feet from the bottom, whereupon i had to get out and lift the car down to the ground. and as i got back in to drive to work, i awoke.

Hi AuntBlabby, I got all fascinated with your long dream - I hope you don't mind this? My worst problem is 'what is 2 months?'

house & car both represent personality.

Personalities:
self, night, kitchen curtains
sister, toddlers
Volks,
folks,
car / roller coaster? toy car?
drive car to work /adult

Theme: notice "down, bottom" = toddlers
Possibly "up-down" = integrated toddlers/adult

1st - in my place at night, kitchen, all curtains open, dark and spooky outside, i closed all curtains. (concealing aspect of self). curtains resisted, with great effort i closed them crookedly.

2nd - living room of my sister's old house from decades ago, suddenly attached to my house (feminine side assimilating?) - curtains open - reached to close them, (but did not)? i noticed something out of the bottom (below) of my vision,

2a - toddler playing on carpet below. aloud "WTF?" I turned to right (masculine?) - 3 more toddlers. one spoke as adult, "yes, we are here, not figments of your imagination, our parents left us with you 2 months ago," she said with a resigned adult tone, in adult voice (total surprise to dreamer. feminine speaks: total 4 toddlers, 25% fem & 75% male, asking to be treated as real, who are 'parents'? what is 2 months ago? toddlers: childhood, baby learning, understanding, needing.) i was about to ask her why

3rd - driving a late model Volkswagen Passat, down the road, zooming up/down hills; seat was very uncomfortably squeezing my backside, (not well-seated/settled)

4th - drove to my folks' house to retrieve orthopedic (opposite of toddler?) pillow to put down on the driver's seat. my late parents were there just as they were in the 1970s, not aged. (are these the parents of toddlers? left with you 2 mos. ago? not aged - age is an illusion?)

5th - got back in car, tried driving to work (adult), detoured onto an impossibly steep [i]downhil[/i]l followed by an uphill which detoured further onto a steep 45 degree incline ribbon of cement leading up to mid-air with a steep drop-off of about 6 feet(height of adult?) , with railroad ties beneath and somehow a short hop to the ground below (toddler?) despite the great climb. roller-coaster?

6th - workmen below (toddler?) working to lay down new pavement. i got out of car and hopped down (toddler?) onto railroad ties, remember with fright, "what about my car?!" i asked a workman to help, but just hop back up into the car and put it into reverse, (toddler solution?)

7th - it transformed into toy car (toddler solution?), whose narrow width more easily negotiated the narrow ribbon until it got to 6' (height of adult?) from the bottom. i had to get out and lift the car down to the ground.

and as i got back in to drive to work, (resume adult life?) i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:55 pm

Claradoon wrote:
Hi AuntBlabby, I got all fascinated with your long dream - I hope you don't mind this? My worst problem is 'what is 2 months?'

hiya Claradoon and thank you for your detailed work here :flower: near as i can guess, it ["2 months"] involves the pension i was promised after two months then reneged upon by our crooked trumpian gov't down here. am guessing the toddlers represent my dashed hopes and dreams for a financially secure retirement. dreams so far not allowed to grow up but instead worries are multiplying.
Claradoon wrote:
3rd - driving a late model Volkswagen Passat, down the road, zooming up/down hills; seat was very uncomfortably squeezing my backside, (not well-seated/settled)

that is right, not well settled due to precarious finances.

Claradoon wrote:
4th - drove to my folks' house to retrieve orthopedic (opposite of toddler?) pillow to put down on the driver's seat. my late parents were there just as they were in the 1970s, not aged. (are these the parents of toddlers? left with you 2 mos. ago? not aged - age is an illusion?)

if it were an illusion, i wouldn't be in the shape i'm in. :|

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 12:23 am

Last night I dreamt I was hanging with Henry Rollins, and he autographed my memo pad .Heavy nostalgia dreaming....

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:36 pm

Noca wrote:
I had a really vivid dream last night. In one part I was trying out different smart phones, and they were so damn detailed that it felt as if I were awake. Another part I was driving around narrow streets on a dirt bike, and down stairs and out through the back of a banana store in an Asian market. I had some interesting conversations and interactions with people some of who I made friends with. The conversations and their personalities(people I've never met before) seemed so real. I also seem to dream a lot about science fiction-like sky scrapper hotels, some of which are floating high in the sky. The dream was complete with the sense of sounds, temperature, feel of the wind on my skin, the sensation of touch of objects I picked up or touched. LDN produces some crazy vivid dreams that are actually more enjoyable and interesting than my real life ever could be.

Mobile Phone

Mobile phones in dreams are featured when one needs communication.

Sometimes the messages contained within dreams could be obscure and hard to interpret but when the ideal consists of communication, for example letters, handwriting, telephones or emails, its meaning is simple to interpret.

Positive changes are afoot if…
•You were able to answer the mobile phone.
•The mobile phone was used as an aid for communication.

Bike

Often a bicycle appears in a dream when you are trying to balance a number of situations or you are striving to get to a destination in real life.

This dream is suggestive of a rather functional attitude towards self-motivation, you probably need to look at balance in your emotions and feelings when encountering a people. Human beings have invented many different items over time and the bike is what I believe a true great invention. Maybe you dreamed of skin-tight lycra? or you were just drifting and peddling along on the road? Here I have tried to answer all your questions about your bike dream and how this “symbol” can appear. Yes, a bike it can actually mean something in your subconscious mind. In ancient dream books for a bike to appear indicates that you are trying to achieve your future objectives regarding love affairs. To fall off a bike indicates that you have misplaced situations. I will explain a bit more about this so scroll down to find your dream. If you are male and you dream of a bicycle then you will remember some sweet childhood memories if female you have some sexual urges.

To ride a bike in your dream represents the way you handle things in waking life. If the peddling was easy, you’re handing responsibilities pretty well. However, if you struggled to maintain your balance in the dream, you’re probably struggling to maintain your balance in waking life too. If you were riding in the rain, it foretells an unexpected gift. Or a nice surprise from someone you care about.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2019, 5:42 pm

justkillingtime wrote:
I had a dream about a rocket (probably from Russia) that crashed into a forest. The forest caught fire. I thought the thing to do was run away but the forest was too thick for me to get through. Then, my dream focused on a primitive man who lived in a forest. He had two paths leading to his home at the top of a mountain or hill. it seemed easy for him to flee anything that came up. For some reason, i felt the primitive man was all that was left after modern man had destroyed himself.

Rocket
To see that a rocket falls in your dream may represent that you will spend money because of your habit and you will have reaction from people because of your bad habit.

Forest
To walk around and enter into the forest in your dream indicates that you will go on a trip with the purpose of research for your responsibility.

To see that you are lost in the forest in your dream may signify that you will transfer a job which you will win by struggling too much to another person because of problem in your family.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 May 2019, 12:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:

hiya Claradoon and thank you for your detailed work here :flower: near as i can guess, it ["2 months"] involves the pension i was promised after two months then reneged upon by our crooked trumpian gov't down here. am guessing the toddlers represent my dashed hopes and dreams for a financially secure retirement. dreams so far not allowed to grow up but instead worries are multiplying.
Claradoon wrote:

Claradoon wrote:

Another thought:

In order to be well settled in VW Passat, you must get adaptive device from parents' home as at 1970s (i.e. beliefs, standards, at that time/place.

Is the dream telling you to modernize your thinking? or get/use a 'pillow' from back then?

Also, I know nothing about cars - what's the symbolism for you of VW Passat?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2019, 12:58 am

Claradoon wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Claradoon wrote:

Claradoon wrote:

Claradoon wrote:

Another thought: In order to be well settled in VW Passat, you must get adaptive device from parents' home as at 1970s (i.e. beliefs, standards, at that time/place. Is the dream telling you to modernize your thinking? or get/use a 'pillow' from back then? Also, I know nothing about cars - what's the symbolism for you of VW Passat?

mebbe seek comfort from the things of my back pages? :scratch: and the Passat was the last car i test-drove out of curiosity. a mixed bag. rode nicely [over rough american pavement] and was library-quiet. poor ergonomics [hard to enter/egress for tall people] though. and HORRIBLE throttle tip-in, dealbreakers. incidentally, "passat" is german for tradewind. a nautical name for a car.