What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 229 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 7:04 pm

i dreamt i came home from work and was eating supper at my late folks' house with my older brother who hogged the last piece of chicken. so i just declared that i was eating "vegan" and grabbed a selection of non-meat items. then i found myself at work in the hospital L&D ward preparing, or trying to prepare - for an upcoming probable C-section and exploratory surgery/hysterectomy/salpingo-oopherectomy and probable gut resection/cancer excision as well. but i found myself outside walking along the highway in the desert scrublands, in my scrubs, when behind me came a van with a scoop on it that scooped me up and put me in the right front passenger seat in front of a bunch of female juvenile delinquents wearing jean suits similar to prison uniforms, who just stared at me. we went back to the hospital, the van drove me through the adjacent medical supply warehouse to a depot area where i sat on a barstool with several of the delinquents who turned out to be employees of the depot, then a tall blond lady in a white medical suit beckoned me to go through an "eye of the needle" aperture type of doorway into a little room with windows overlooking the street outside, the room was filled with developmentally disabled people who were working on moving fabric bundles around under the direction of some elderly gray-haired lady who paid me no mind. then a tall dark-skinned doctor in surgical scrubs told me i'd better get out of there and come back to the OR, and he said, "if i were you i'd try to get some sleep, it is gonna be busy soon enough, very busy." so i went back there and tried to find a place to fall asleep but instead i awoke from the dream.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 10:02 pm

I couldn't remember all the details.
Only disjointed dreams.

Consists of me losing my tooth bridge and losing some more of my teeth. I forgot why, only that I can feel it gone in and under my lips.

Then another consists of sneaking around a mini survival horror movie, that I'm sure it came from those I've watched recently.
It was just another of this night world, just this time it's in this small fancy house. And then zombies apparently...

And then apparently me sleeping on some stone slab in someone's garden (some version of a real life place), then two characters -- I'm sure an embodiment of something, and is in a form of comedy movie actors in white, as if they're wearing Halloween costumes of burnt victims -- complaining that I wasn't being reliable.
I got angry and explained that I was so busy, with jobs piling itself until I forget what they're trying to make me (crocheting a bag apparently).
Then they just look at me with this unimpressed look, as if they already lost their respect to me.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2022, 12:08 pm

I wake up to the sound of someone moving. It sounds unmuffled by doors or walls, like they're in my house. I expect to see a shadow pass by the frosted glass between me and the hallway, in this huge, modern house that I apparently own. I wonder what I'll do if that happens. And I hear other people. Sounds like they're also inside.

I get up and go to the door, into the hallway, into another big, lit room. There are people gathered. I recognize them. I complain that I'm tired, and I'm embarrassed that I'm wearing pajamas, but they are otherwise apparently welcome here.

That's the most ridiculous dream I've ever had. Me, with a large, uncluttered house. And friends. LOL.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 9:02 pm

I keep having increasingly f****d up dreams involving death after I had to remove that possum from under the house. Last night I couldn't stay asleep and kept having the same dream continue every time I went back to sleep. I don't remember 90% of it, but I do remember that I felt gravely disturbed and stressed the whole time,

and that at one point I was being forced to remove a diaphonized fetus (I don't know how or why it was like that, but that made the experience worse) from a severely decomposed body.
My brain is apparently trying to continously one-up itself in how horrible and disgusting it can make these dreams.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 12:01 am

^^^wow that is a powerful symbolic dream. something or some part of your life is in flux.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 6:24 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^wow that is a powerful symbolic dream. something or some part of your life is in flux.

Are you referring to me? I don't know exactly what "in flux" means, or what's symbolic about the dream. lol

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 6:37 am

freud said that dreams were "the royal road to the unconscious mind." symbolically, removing a diaphanized fetus from a decomposed body [online dream dictionary] may refer to some external agent [good friend, social worker, psychologist] studying the failures in your life in the hope that s/he can help you find progress and/or help you recover from some failure, after a long period of neglecting to do anything about the problem. i didn't mean to cause offense by this or any other dream interpretation.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 7:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
freud said that dreams were "the royal road to the unconscious mind." symbolically, removing a diaphanized fetus from a decomposed body [online dream dictionary] may refer to some external agent [good friend, social worker, psychologist] studying the failures in your life in the hope that s/he can help you find progress and/or help you recover from some failure, after a long period of neglecting to do anything about the problem. i didn't mean to cause offense by this or any other dream interpretation.

Oh no, I'm not offended, I was just confused. Thank you for explaining what you meant.

I honestly think that removing that possum just greatly disturbed me + being disturbed by my dreams making me think about them, and being triggered to think about the possum, is just reinforcing the dreams. They just seem to be getting super, uh, "creative" and are now throwing in other things that make me feel weird/uncomfortable (like diaphonized specimens and fetuses). The body was as decomposed as the possum was, so that's obviously where that comes from.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 6:49 am

i dreamt i was in what musta been the world's most immense Walmart store, it was so big that it had outdoor AND indoor parking! it also had auto-payment/shipment lockers for people to offload their overloaded shopping carts into. but there was a vast shortage of cashiers and the auto-check-out lanes had lines reaching to the back of the store, and it was so ridiculous that i just put my stuff back and left the store.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2022, 6:52 am

A member of this site was doing a really funny impression of Eminem.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2022, 8:31 pm

i dreamt a neighbor's cat stopped by my porch while i was sitting down there, jumped up in my lap and started talking to me. i can't remember what he said other than the feel that he wanted to be my companion.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2022, 9:31 am

i dreamt i was in a psychiatrists office, and in the middle of him shrinking my head, some zaftig blond lady in a white frilly top and blue jean dress and cowboy boots, appeared in left field, and took a little blue bag and pulled out about 10 6' long curved needles with a hook at the end like a crocheting needle, each about a 1/8th inch wide, and jammed them into her lower legs and ankles. she did not emit a peep of pain despite the size of the needles and there was only a little blood. then she said, "i think it is time to remove these needles now." when she commenced doing that, she turned into a 1955 chevy sedan, blue and white, and the needles came out of the tires of the sedan. then when she was finished, she turned back into a human being. the shrink saw this happening, grabbed his beard, and said "hmmmmm....." then i awoke.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2022, 11:27 am

There was a guy talking about s**t sandwiches, and he was going to make a s**t sandwich. I couldn't see him very well, and I didn't know if he was wearing orange and brown pants, or if he had his pants pulled down and was covered in poop, but I didn't remember him smelling badly, and I didn't want to look closely. But he kept rambling on about his s**t sandwich, so I felt compelled to say something so he'd move on, so I told him that if anyone was serving s**t sandwiches I wanted to be somewhere else, and I said it with a chuckle and hoped he was joking.

Handa Rei
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Oct 2022, 1:12 am

Last night I dreamed that I was obliterated in an asteroid impact. I managed to catch a glimpse of it descending. It was incredibly strange knowing that in a few seconds I was going to be dead. I just went "oh.." and was really quite sad about it. I'm kind of glad I didn't have enough time to feel much else. I did somehow get to experience being vaporised though, which was quite weird, the dissolution of my body feeling like it took a couple of seconds. I remember hoping in those last few seconds that I would reincarnate after my death and get to live another life. The last thing I felt was my head hurting for an instant as I was being destroyed, and then I was gone. Then there was just absolutely nothing for what felt like a few seconds, and then I woke up.

And the weirdest part? I was a dinosaur. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:48 am

A few nights ago I dreamt I was at a lodge with a few family members, preparing to go home. We heard something dripping and looked up to discover blood coming from the ceiling in five neat puddles. That's when we remembered we had murdered the five people upstairs. I knew why / how at the start of the dream but woke up a few times and eventually forgot the MO.

The lodge owners were coming for inspection and we knew we'd left some of our bags upstairs with the dead bodies. We were debating whether to get the bags and have to witness / contaminate the crime scene again, or if we should leave without our bags which would pin us for sure at the scene of the crime.

Then I was putting on some face cream provided by the lodge. I knew I had my fingerprints all over the container so I debated stealing it, rinsing it with disinfectant wipes, or just leaving it in hopes it wouldn't be inspected. In the end I rolled it under the bed and hoped no one would see it at all.

Source:
I think it came from Poe's Tell Tale Heart, which I'd read earlier in the day, possibly combined with Yellowjackets.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2022, 2:53 am

Last night I had a kitten dream.
Kittens are a returning motif for me.
I was outside and there were kittens everywhere.
I picked a grey one that I wanted but decided I had too many pets.
I left it there.
When I got home that kitten had wiggled its way into my window.

I started to worry that I was above the bi-law number of pets.
I remembered that I owned a lion and a snake that I seldom fed.
I questioned where the lion and snake were and they were fine.
I was thinking that I really didn't want to own the snake any more.

By the time I counted all my pets I realised I had 20.
I would go to jail for having 20 pets.
I didn't want to give the kitten back so I didn't know what to do.
I wanted to get rid of the snake.
I knew I couldn't let the snake go free outside or endanger it.