What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 210 of 246 [ 3932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 207, 208, 209, 210, 211, 212, 213 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

OutsideView
Veteran
Veteran

Location: England ^not male but apparently you can't change it

17 May 2021, 5:25 am

I deamt I got my tongue split but it healed closed so I pulled it open again then regretted it :P

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 9:55 pm

^^^If you had a dream of a split tongue, it can mean that someone around you is a hypocrite. ... Or, it can be that you sometimes tell different stories to other people and you had a dream about the split tongue as a sign for you to stop doing that.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2021, 5:29 pm

awoken with odd dream that i was a third party at some kind of private school initiation rite where this mentally slow kid kept getting rudely shoved backwards by the boatswain in charge of emergency escape boat like on a ship. god bless him, he kept coming back, bloodied and bruised but stubbornly determined to get past that guy. some woman was dispassionately observing and laughing a bit.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 10:39 pm

what i can remember of this one, was a series of dreams where i'd wake up in the middle, then fall back asleep and end up right where i left off, i was on some kind of ship, old-fashioned sailing ship with white furniture, i was sitting on a white sofa on a deck beneath the topside. people came and went, i was headed somewhere i did not know. everybody was wearing white clothing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 10:43 pm

The universe owes me some dreams. I haven't had one in quite some time.

PS - You and your white dreams blabby! You're so predictable!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 10:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The universe owes me some dreams. I haven't had one in quite some time. PS - You and your white dreams blabby! You're so predictable!

i've had black dreams before and the white dreams are far more preferable. what would you say my white dreams mean off the top of your head? and if you want you some more dreams, eat spicy food and watch "eraserhead." you'll get dreams.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 10:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
The universe owes me some dreams. I haven't had one in quite some time. PS - You and your white dreams blabby! You're so predictable!

i've had black dreams before and the white dreams are far more preferable. what would you say my white dreams mean off the top of your head? and if you want you some more dreams, eat spicy food and watch "eraserhead." you'll get dreams.

Lol I eat spicy food every day but I've never seen Eraserhead. I've heard it's pretty whacked. I take medication to prevent nightmares (every night), and I think it stops me from dreaming at all when I'm at risk of having bad dreams. It's like it overcompensates and erases everything if my psyche is stressed.

I think your white dreams connote heaven. That's why you see your parents so much, too.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:23 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Lol I eat spicy food every day but I've never seen Eraserhead. I've heard it's pretty whacked. I take medication to prevent nightmares (every night), and I think it stops me from dreaming at all when I'm at risk of having bad dreams. It's like it overcompensates and erases everything if my psyche is stressed. I think your white dreams connote heaven. That's why you see your parents so much, too.

pure white is IMHO the noblest color aside from gold and blue. can you tell me what med prevents nightmares? there are either meds or nutraceuticals that can enhance dreams.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:34 pm

It's called Minipress or Prazosin. It's a blood pressure medication that is used off-label at high doses to treat nightmares associated with PTSD. It was first used to help alleviate trauma dreams for war veterans.

I've been on it for 12 years now and I believe it works well for me. When I've tried to taper off I have horrible violent dreams and parasomnias.

I'm usually able to have normal, vivid dreams which aren't nightmares. But I seem to cycle through stages where I don't dream anything at all. Upon reflection about my stress symptoms I think those are the nights where my medicine is actively blocking nightmares, so it seems to block good dreams too. I haven't had a dream at all for about 2-3 weeks.

Here's something fun though: For about 30 years I've had a dream of a specific little building in a specific city far away from me. I've seen the building before in real life but didn't know the significance or why I keep seeing it in a prophetic type of way. Out of the blue today someone mentioned that building to me today, and explained how it was connected to the next year of my life. It was like a deja vu feeling. Very cool.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:40 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
It's called Minipress or Prazosin. It's a blood pressure medication that is used off-label at high doses to treat nightmares associated with PTSD. It was first used to help alleviate trauma dreams for war veterans.
I've been on it for 12 years now and I believe it works well for me. When I've tried to taper off I have horrible violent dreams and parasomnias. I'm usually able to have normal, vivid dreams which aren't nightmares. But I seem to cycle through stages where I don't dream anything at all. Upon reflection about my stress symptoms I think those are the nights where my medicine is actively blocking nightmares, so it seems to block good dreams too. I haven't had a dream at all for about 2-3 weeks. Here's something fun though: For about 30 years I've had a dream of a specific little building in a specific city far away from me. I've seen the building before in real life but didn't know the significance or why I keep seeing it in a prophetic type of way. Out of the blue today someone mentioned that building to me today, and explained how it was connected to the next year of my life. It was like a deja vu feeling. Very cool.

my dad took prazosin for many years, at the time i only knew of its use as an alpha blocker for HTN. do you use a native dream catcher? i keep one by my head, for the last decade or so, it seems to prevent nightmares. i am curious about that specific building/specific city you keep seeing. :scratch:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I've been on it for 12 years now and I believe it works well for me. When I've tried to taper off I have horrible violent dreams and parasomnias. I'm usually able to have normal, vivid dreams which aren't nightmares. But I seem to cycle through stages where I don't dream anything at all. Upon reflection about my stress symptoms I think those are the nights where my medicine is actively blocking nightmares, so it seems to block good dreams too. I haven't had a dream at all for about 2-3 weeks. Here's something fun though: For about 30 years I've had a dream of a specific little building in a specific city far away from me. I've seen the building before in real life but didn't know the significance or why I keep seeing it in a prophetic type of way. Out of the blue today someone mentioned that building to me today, and explained how it was connected to the next year of my life. It was like a deja vu feeling. Very cool.

my dad took prazosin for many years, at the time i only knew of its use as an alpha blocker for HTN. do you use a native dream catcher? i keep one by my head, for the last decade or so, it seems to prevent nightmares. i am curious about that specific building/specific city you keep seeing. :scratch:

All these years I've wondered where exactly the little building is within its small town, why I saw it in the first place, and why it feels so prophetic in my 30 years of recurring dreams. I vaguely recall that even when I first saw it in real life 30 years ago, I had an emotional feeling like it was meaningful and shouldn't be forgotten (hence: the dreams). I told the lady today that I've been dreaming about it for 30 years and I got the Google Map address to look at it. Total chills. It's defnitely the building from my dreams, and it's definitely playing prominently in my life now. Plus another weird flashback / dream location across the road from it.

No I don't use a dream catcher. My daughter's exb was Indigenous and felt that the use of such items by non-Indigenous people was cultural appropriation. My daughter won't let me bring dream catchers into the house now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2021, 11:54 pm

that would be eerie, yes.
i think a strict application of bans on all cultural appropriation would result in a world nobody wants to live in.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2021, 8:11 pm

auntblabby wrote:
that would be eerie, yes.
i think a strict application of bans on all cultural appropriation would result in a world nobody wants to live in.

That's pretty much it.

I'm having chicken enchiladas for supper tonight. To the best of my knowledge, there are no hispanics among my ancestors.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2021, 5:33 pm

i dreamt i was in a shopping mall parking lot, and i looked up and saw somebody i knew in waking life that i had not seen with my own eyes since 1986. she was dressed in a jean suit with white cowboy hat and white cowboy boots. her hair was blonde with tresses reaching down to mid-back, and she wore large gold hoop earrings. she was driving an old charcoal-gray chevy corvair. we tentatively exchanged notes of how our lives went in the intervening 35 years, she looked more or less identical to how she last looked IRL.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2021, 12:19 am

i dreamt i was in a classroom with the usual whitewashed interior treatment but blond wooden chairs and tables. the students with me were wearing blue-gray uniforms, we were all female. one of the others started in on me, challenging my right to be there with them. i blew her off which made her fume. then i awoke.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2021, 11:14 pm

i dreamt i was in the navy somehow, i was on board an old-fashioned naval vessel with wooden flooring, whitewashed walls, a naval CPO [resplendent in white class-A uniform] was browbeating me, and no matter what i said to the brasshole, he just got more impatient and pissed at me. then i awoke.