What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 173 of 248 [ 3965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175, 176 ... 248  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Apr 2019, 7:01 am

Last dream I was semi-homeless again. Officially living with my parents but very unwilling to return there - like during my college years.
Getting on random busses and waiting on an airport just to kill some time, to catch some possibility of spending a night at someone's place, in hope for a few hours of safety.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 4:48 pm

I was sleeping over at my parents house last night, and it took me a long time to fall asleep. And when I finally did, I had some strange but funny dreams where I saw people on TV showing how to pull a prank by making a doll that looked like a deformed Spongebob or an Uglydoll, and then they fill them with slime. One person said you'll need to make a lot of slime so go to their website for the recipe on making it from scratch. When the doll was finished they got kids to hug the dolls and then all the slime oozed out. In one of them the slime all came out of the doll's mouth. It was like something out of a Nickelodeon kid's show. :eew:
And then I saw a new reboot of Mr. Dressup, with some new guy taking the place of the late Ernie Coombs who played Mr. Dressup for years on CBC. They had him sitting at his desk with his drawing pad with some puppets like in the old show, but the new Mr. Dressup sounded like he was doing a bad impersonation of Barney and looked like Pee Wee Herman with glasses, and one of the puppets sounded like Casey from the older shows, but with throat cancer, and it was some kind of furry animal instead of a little boy puppet. I found it really stupid.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 9:33 pm

^^^gee, i hope the throat cancer is not reflecting on anything in your waking life. :o

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 10:38 pm

I don't know why I keep having so many dreams that take place downtown, or why they're so disturbing. In last night's dream I was wandering around downtown for no obvious reason when a creepy man in a black long coat who appeared to be intoxicated grabbed me and pointed a long curved knife at me. I started screaming for help, and I think some people showed up and the man let me go, but he doesn't get arrested or anything and I kept seeing him and I actually woke up screaming.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 10:42 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^gee, i hope the throat cancer is not reflecting on anything in your waking life. :o

No, that was just the best way I could think of describing it. No one I know is currently suffering from throat cancer (knock on wood).

My dad has been having a bad time with arthritis in his hands, though. I'm hoping my parents will find something to make him able to manage it better.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 7:33 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

No, that was just the best way I could think of describing it. No one I know is currently suffering from throat cancer (knock on wood). My dad has been having a bad time with arthritis in his hands, though. I'm hoping my parents will find something to make him able to manage it better.

the latest medical wisdom is using medicinal-grade curcumin concentrate pills [1000mg twice per day] along with stinging nettle extract, which have been shown to ease arthritis symptoms, i use the curcumin myself.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Apr 2019, 3:08 am

Twice in a row I dreamed about my close friend arrested for some absurd offence. First time for joining the teachers' strike, next for refusing to join Sports Fan Union (an entity created in my dream to stop violence among sport fans). She refused because she's not a sport fan, she's a sportperson.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 7:50 pm

^^^ what do you suppose it was telling you?

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 2:49 am

Last night, I had a dream that I bought a new motorcycle in a nearby town. Never mind that the specific town has never had anything as much as a car or motorcycle dealer. They do have a bank, two or three restaurants, a motel, maybe a bar or two, a convenience store, a grocery store and some agricultural businesses.

So I took off for home on the motorcycle. Instead of going directly home, I headed for a nearby town and then home from there, making the trip about 60 miles. The further I rode, the slower I got. In the dream, we had a traffic jam (on a highway that wouldn't even know what a traffic jam is). Even at a very slow pace, the motorcycle could just barely keep up with the traffic. Then from the next town home, it took two or there hours for what would normally take half an hour.

Once home, I decided to go back to the dealer by a more direct route to have them check to see if there was anything wrong with the motorcycle. By then, it was down to the pace of a very slow walk. I gave up while crossing a canyon about 1/3 of the way there.

If anyone wants a brand new dream motorcycle, it's parked near the bridge. Take it -- it's yours.

jordanalmokdad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 May 2019, 3:01 am

a very old friend of mine was stood in a metal factory with metal floor boards and metal walls. suddenly a rabbit hopped out of a hat he was holding. he told me to "follow the rabbit". i begun following this rabbit down the metal corridors, when suddenly i was in an outside field. there was 3 paths to go down from here. i vividly contemplated which path to go down. i took the left path. the left path was blocked by a large stone so turned back. suddenly after what felt like 3 minutes, i noticed a path on the far right... a forth path. it led to a river. i love rivers. however suddenly saw a fellow gardener i once worked with with his wife. his wife had a goblin like baby on her shoulders... i threw the goblin baby in the river.

there's more too it but it get's a bit too unusual to explain after this. :lol:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 May 2019, 12:49 pm

I'm in the middle of reading a series of Tubby Dubonnet (New Orleans) books, which I like a lot, and my "finding home" dream took this form:

There are 2 attached red box houses built on stilts in the swamp. The one on the left is occupied by my batty relatives, who own all of it. The one on the right is occupied by me, Mom, and Sis. My aunt says she won't live forever and will probably sell the house on the right to ... "To us!" I announce. So now we almost have a home but I must find the dog that the batty relatives gave away because dogs don't retire. They thought that was normal. The dog was a huge, auburn, long-haired, noble, loving creature and I must find him, then our lives would be complete.

Then the dream segued into wakefulness whereupon I heard the woman on the radio (for real) say that science has proven that the only way to a happy life is life-long relationships. (I think it was a TED Talk.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my strongest association for "swamp" -

EZEKIEL 47
There was water flowing from under the threshold of the temple toward the east.
When it enters the sea of foul water, the sea becomes fresh. Since the water will become fresh, there will be life everywhere the river goes.
Yet its swamps and marshes will not be healed; they will be left for salt.

Other translations say "swamps must be drained" instead of left for salt.

So, like, why am I dreaming of living happily ever after in a swamp?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 7:18 pm

i dreamt and remembered a fragment of dreamscape, about my home being in a hospital i worked in, and i somehow walked or teleported to a local store to get groceries but ended up getting nothing, and travelling back home to the hospital, through an old neighborhood i used to live in as a young one, on a "toiletmobile" or electric cart with a toilet for a driver's seat, it was all-porcelain-white including the wheels. thankfully there wasn't much traffic, i counted two other cars on the road. on the toiletmobile, i was travelling at a car's pace, about 40 miles per hour, the ride felt smooth, and as i pulled into the hospital parking lot, i awoke.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 7:35 pm

I’ve had a couple of very vivid dreams about slaughterhouses. Awful!

I haven’t eaten much meat since then.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 11:05 pm

perhaps i need me one o'them dreams as well.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 May 2019, 3:31 am

Claradoon wrote:
I'm in the middle of reading a series of Tubby Dubonnet (New Orleans) books, which I like a lot, and my "finding home" dream took this form:

There are 2 attached red box houses built on stilts in the swamp. The one on the left is occupied by my batty relatives, who own all of it. The one on the right is occupied by me, Mom, and Sis. My aunt says she won't live forever and will probably sell the house on the right to ... "To us!" I announce. So now we almost have a home but I must find the dog that the batty relatives gave away because dogs don't retire. They thought that was normal. The dog was a huge, auburn, long-haired, noble, loving creature and I must find him, then our lives would be complete.

Then the dream segued into wakefulness whereupon I heard the woman on the radio (for real) say that science has proven that the only way to a happy life is life-long relationships. (I think it was a TED Talk.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is my strongest association for "swamp" -

EZEKIEL 47
There was water flowing from under the threshold of the temple toward the east.
When it enters the sea of foul water, the sea becomes fresh. Since the water will become fresh, there will be life everywhere the river goes.
Yet its swamps and marshes will not be healed; they will be left for salt.

Other translations say "swamps must be drained" instead of left for salt.

So, like, why am I dreaming of living happily ever after in a swamp?

Thank you. I really couldn't find it, don't know why.
The thing is, this feels like a very important dream and it still niggles at me all the time and does anybody have anything to say?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 5:34 am

Claradoon, i wasn't able to find much, on dreammoods.com-
Swamp
To see a swamp in your dream symbolizes the repressed and dark aspects of yourself. You may be feeling insecure. The dream may also be a pun on feeling swamped from work, a relationship, or other emotional burden. To dream that you are walking through a swampy area foretells that you will find yourself in an adverse situation. You may experience setbacks and disappointments in love. Alternatively, walking through a swamp in your dream denotes the attainment of prosperity and pleasure through dangerous and underhanded means.
House
To see a house in your dream represents your own soul and self. To dream that water is rising up in your house suggests that you are becoming overwhelmed by your emotions. Dreaming that the house is floating means that you do not feel grounded. Perhaps you need to do some soul searching. It may also point to your lofty aspirations. To dream that you are on stilts indicate that you are feeling insecure. A situation or relationship is unstable. You are doing your best trying to balance various aspects of your life.
Red is an indication of raw energy, force, vigor, intense passion, aggression, power, courage, impulsiveness and passion. The color red has deep emotional and spiritual connotations. Consider the phrase "seeing red" to denote anger. Alternatively, the color red in your dream indicates a lack of energy. You are feeling tired or lethargic. Living in a red house would seem to indicate one or more of the aforementioned things, esp. the feeling of exhaustion or paralysis or a feeling of no progress.