What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 208 of 250 [ 3996 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 210, 211 ... 250  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2021, 2:45 am

i never had the real discipline to regularly make entries in notebooks or journals about my dreams, WP [and formerly Dreammoods.com until they went down] were more convenient.

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm

I write down any dream I have and find interesting on my phone or computer. I've a whole collection. Here's a new one I had just now.

A horror/survival video game like dream with a haunting atmosphere, giant spiders and mouse in peril.

I was in a dark underground complex consisting of hallways and corridors with some larger rooms. Ominously dark, gloomy and eerie, mostly just barely illuminated by a faint blueish/turqoise light coming from nowhere, but practically totally dark. The halls were small and claustrophobic, full of hidden ghosts, monsters and dangerous horrors.

I was there with my mother and her friend. We talked about how we were in the RPG Fallout, even though the whole thing didn't resemble anything from Fallout at all. We needed to collect food to survive and make our way out of the endless haunted structure. If you stayed in one room too long, invisible ghosts would come to you and eventually take you. If you moved ahead too fast and inpatiently, you would stumble upon a monster or demon around a corned and killed.

We were resting in one large room, talking and getting our supplies in order. My special wristwatch warned me about and imminent haunting as I could just about feel the power of the invisible ghosts.
An ominous sound is heard as I sit by a small kitchen counter (one of the few things in the room except for benches) and I suddenly spin around very fast, something the ghosts made me do. I slowed down and was relieved it wasn't worse. After it finished I spoke about how the experience made me feel somewhat reborn.
An ominous sound is heard again and I suffer some sort of attack several times, which makes me shake and convulse like I'm being electrocuted for a few seconds and then I'm fine. I did this voluntarily as it was in place of the ghosts troubling all of us more seriously, but I couldn't keep doing it because eventually we had to move on before the ghosts really caught us, all part of the game.

I moved ahead against my mother's wishes. I ran into a small hallway, eventually so fast I moved through a wall which wasn't properly rendered and I went outside the game level so to speak, finding glitchy textures and structures that I ran into, which made me convulse like my body was z-fighting with the glitchy structures. I was put back into the room with my mother and her friend from before.

I went into a different hallway, running along and finding a very big room.

It consisted of a lerge pool of acid on the right side with a raised floor with many ramps on the left side. On the right side, just before the pool, was a large opening into another room in which many huge spiders were crawling about, thankfully apparently unable to leave the room.

I checked out the room with the acid and ramps and found nothing there. As I was making my way back, one spider, much bigger than the others, jumped out of the other room and started to chase me. I ran away, over all the ramps.
At the end of the room I found one of the ramps and a small square thing on it. When I walked onto it it turned out to be some trampoline like structure that propelled me into the air to reach higher platforms in the room. Unfortunately the spider was also capable of using it and followed me as I jumped onto higher platforms.

In a very video-game-y fashion, I needed to jumped onto increasingly higher and smaller platforms using these jump-pads while the spider was chasing and somewhat catching up to me. It was very difficult but I managed to reach the highest place.

It was a small room enclosed with glass windows, protruding from the wall just under the ceiling. The top of it had pipes and beams over it so there wasn't enough space to get on, so when I jumped to the room I had to hold on to the ledge of it.
Doing so, the spider tried to jump to me but as it did I kicked it and it fell and died.

Now I needed to find my way into the small room, I could see the inside and it looked a bit like and office. I kicked in the glass window. I tried to go through but there was still a lot f thick glass in the frame so to go trough safely I had to break much of it further. While doing this, I contemplated aquiring a bear-style kung fu power-up somewhere in the game, which would increasy the reach of my palm strikes.

In the room I found a cardboard box full of bags of crisps, I believe cheese-onion flavoured. I also found a small, but intelligent and somewhat anthropomorphised mouse, named Peter E. Mouse, wrapped in some paper. I could tell he was friendly and wanted to help him as he seemed sick and almost dead. He struggled to tell me that when I get down, the spiders in the other room would all come after me. I thought it was nonsense. I carefully put him in the pocket of my coat, making sure to ask him if he could breathe alright, and took the box of crisps and jumped down.

The mouse was right, the spiders all came out of the room and started chasing me. I ran ahead, trying to make it back to the first room to my mother and her friend, while punching, kicking, jumping over and generally fighting off the spiders chasing me.

When I reached the first room I told my mother and her friend we needed to run and we did, and ended up in a safe room with a comfy bench, a small kitched with a friendly old man chef and nice, warm golden lighting. A very nice room that didn't match anything else in the structure I'd seen.

I said I founded food, the box of crisps and everyone was happy about it. Then I took out Peter E. Mouse and we talked to him a bit, he was quite old and still in bad shape but much better than before, now capable of standing, walking and talking properly.

And that's when I woke up from my afternoon nap.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2021, 12:19 pm

I had a lucid nightmare where I was being chased by dogs that could phase through material and teleport.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2021, 2:29 pm

^^^what do you think that dream was telling you?

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2021, 11:06 am

Had an odd one while napping after work.
I was at work, my task I was doing was writing the titles of movies on a big sheet of plasticy paper or poster hung on the wall so you could know what movie it is, as if I was writing it on a DVD case or something. Meanwhile a movie was playing on a TV hung on the wall. The last poster I wrote on was for the Terminator, I decided to go all fancy with the letters and make it look cool, all neat and sci-fi-like, but my marker kept slipping, so I came to try and make it look rough but in the end it just looked messy. I tried drawing a bit too, showing some characters but it didn't look that great and I was running out of time anyway.

At that point a whole bunch of people came in and talked with each other but ignored me while I needed help. One of my in-dream coworkers, a fat dude, always has keys he needs to use to open every door in the building, each with it's own key. He gave the keys tags with human names on them to make him remember which is which. He didn't think the idea of giving keys names was stupid, but the names picked for the keys were stupid.
Then he found that all the doors open with one key and they don't need to be locked every single time either, and he just always wasted his time. He was exasperated by that.

Then I asked an old teacher of mine who was at a party where my bycicle was. They had moved all bikes nearby to make way for their party and used them as a wall for their party tent. I got it. Then the parked bikes turned into a whole bunch of bikes with people sitting on them, including another old teacher of mine. She agreed to take me home on her bike and we talked about my old school. And old, fat receptionist had half-naked medical pics of her hacked and put online by students, they don't know who it was yet. I recalled a teacher who used to be good looking, but now has terrible teeth.
I woke up with the riff for The Shortest Straw stuck in my head for some reason.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 5:12 am

Apparently me, giving aide to someone giving birth.

For some weird reason, I can already see what the child looked like in around 5+ months before it was born.
Complete with clothes and all that, as if knowing where that child goes ahead of time.

... I was turning a breech baby around, before realizing the delivery was going on. And the delivery itself... Was weird. And too clean.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 5:23 am

^^^are you an ob/gyn?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 6:27 am

auntblabby wrote:
^^^are you an ob/gyn?

Nop. 8O

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 6:43 am

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^are you an ob/gyn?

Nop. 8O

it is just that you sound like you have advanced medical training.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 7:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^are you an ob/gyn?

Nop. 8O

I also am not. Not even a bit.
Never took any medical training -- not even first aid.

And never done anything more complex than (lower than) low level care.

... Although I'm actually more or less surrounded by those who are. :lol:
I'm the one of the very few within my immediate family who isn't ever directly involved in the medical field profession/vocation in any way or another.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 10:08 am

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^are you an ob/gyn?

Nop. 8O

I'm the one of the very few within my immediate family who isn't ever directly involved in the medical field profession/vocation in any way or another.

ah, so that is where you heard about breach babies. where i useta work [maternity ward/labor and delivery] that was a common occurrence. they would try to vert the kid, sometimes the kid would cooperate but most often the cord would become corrupted somehow, or avulse at which point an emergent c-section would occur. no fun at all, those.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2021, 1:31 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
^^^are you an ob/gyn?

Nop. 8O

ah, so that is where you heard about breach babies. where i useta work [maternity ward/labor and delivery] that was a common occurrence. they would try to vert the kid, sometimes the kid would cooperate but most often the cord would become corrupted somehow, or avulse at which point an emergent c-section would occur. no fun at all, those.

I end up knowing by asking silly questions about people around me and categorizing them.

One of those questions were 'how did (this person) was born (delivered) and why (did the parent chose it)?' :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2021, 4:47 am

^^^ah so :study:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 11:11 pm

In real life I was obsessed with a little girl by the name of Carolyn, when I was five and six. I think it was my first exposure to a peer who was neurotypical. I always thought she was better at everything than I could ever be, but I didn't have the words to describe it. I liked her so much I got run over by a bike-a-thon when trying to cross a busy road by myself, when she went to play with someone else. I tried to go intervene.

In my dream, I was my current age and I was a teacher or leader of some sort. There were lots of children with me, including Carolyn at age 5 or 6 looking exactly how she used to look. We were all at the top of some type of amphitheatre with a railed parapet from which you could look into the gallery below. Carolyn accidentally pushed a bunch of lightbulbs and steel nails off the edge of our balcony and they smashed on the stone surface below. The dream continued and Carolyn made the same mistake several times, becoming increasingly upset that this accident kept happening. Finally, adults below became upset with Carolyn and accused her of doing doing it on purpose to destroy the nails and lightbulbs or possibly hit someone at ground level. She started crying and then, within moments her bucket of nails and lightbulbs fell off the edge of the balustrade again - for the fifth time! Another little girl in my group started to taunt Carolyn, who appeared crestfallen. I took the other little girl in my arms and explained to her very calmly that it wasn't Carolyn's fault and it was truly involuntary. I told her she needed to believe Carolyn and forgive her.

Commentary: If that doesn't have some sort of psychological meaning about my inner child, I don't know what does.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2021, 11:27 pm

^^^that is a lucid dream. :star:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2021, 3:21 am

i dreamt i was incontinent, and at my sis house, and i made a mess on the floor, and her [recently deceased] hubby walked in, saw my mess on the floor, shrugged his shoulders and walked to the bathroom. then i dreamt i was naked when my sister told me to go to the store to pick up some stuff from walmart, and i had to figure out how to get clothes on so i could drive there.