What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 183 of 246 [ 3933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2019, 12:42 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
That's awesome!

Funny that you mention nostalgia, and mention Audrey Hepburn. When I was a kid I watched the beginning of the movie "Sabrina" on the late show on TV. But it continued past my bedtime. Decades later recently ...I thought about the movie and wondered how it ended. Mentioned that bit of unfinished business to a friend, and later she called me to tell me it was on TV.

That's awesome, too! Funny how our minds work! I can't think of any connection about why Audrey Hepburn was in my dream, except that I saw a picture of Victoria Beckham in her wedding gown yesterday. I actually thought VB looked really bad because I didn't like the dress and her hair had a strange, short haircut. Maybe that's how I conjured Audrey, who is decidedly much more cute with short hair.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2019, 4:20 pm

I was in a high school when I started having one of those clothes you're-wearing-suddenly-disappear dreams.

First it was my T-shirt and I was wearing a camisole underneath and was going around asking students if they has seen my shirt. Then they start laughing and when I looked down I saw that my pants were now gone and I'm just in my underwear. So I'm *nearly* naked, and freaking out trying to find my missing clothes. :oops: And then suddenly I discover I've been carrying them in my arm. Also I was supposed to take the bus home from the school but I took so long looking for my magically disappearing-reappearing clothes that I had to call a cab or for my parents to come get me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2019, 5:56 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
That's awesome!

Funny that you mention nostalgia, and mention Audrey Hepburn. When I was a kid I watched the beginning of the movie "Sabrina" on the late show on TV. But it continued past my bedtime. Decades later recently ...I thought about the movie and wondered how it ended. Mentioned that bit of unfinished business to a friend, and later she called me to tell me it was on TV.

That's awesome, too! Funny how our minds work! I can't think of any connection about why Audrey Hepburn was in my dream, except that I saw a picture of Victoria Beckham in her wedding gown yesterday. I actually thought VB looked really bad because I didn't like the dress and her hair had a strange, short haircut. Maybe that's how I conjured Audrey, who is decidedly much more cute with short hair.

Well Audrey Hepburn did sing "I could have danced all night" in My Fair Lady. :)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2019, 3:19 am

naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
That's awesome!

Well Audrey Hepburn did sing "I could have danced all night" in My Fair Lady. :)

sorry, that was marni nixon [RIP] doing the voiceover, there is little surviving cutting room floor footage of audrey [bless her heart, she was not a trained singer, she would have done MUCH better with proper training] singing the songs herself, what is left shows her singing "show me" and "wouldn't it be loverly" where she does OK by my book at least.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2019, 10:50 pm

i had a reverie where i was walking in my neighborhood, somebody nearby was using an electric leafblower, it was near dusk outside- then all of a sudden the leafblower stopped and simultaneously all the lights in the neighborhood extinguished and the sky turned gray. i heard rumbling and a strange whining in the distance, the rumbling grew louder and became palpable in the air. i thought that finally one of our enemies set off a nuclear EMP event.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 4:13 am

auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
That's awesome!

sorry, that was marni nixon [RIP] doing the voiceover, there is little surviving cutting room floor footage of audrey [bless her heart, she was not a trained singer, she would have done MUCH better with proper training] singing the songs herself, what is left shows her singing "show me" and "wouldn't it be loverly" where she does OK by my book at least.

Great film trivia but Hepburns character sang it. So mythically speaking AH sang it. And that maybe why Isabelle dreamt that she was Audrey Hepburn in the dream.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2019, 4:15 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
That's awesome!

Great film trivia but Hepburns character sang it. So mythically speaking AH sang it. And that maybe why Isabelle dreamt that she was Audrey Hepburn in the dream.

ah so, i shoulda thunk it. :oops:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 5:35 pm

martianprincess wrote:
I had a dream I was in California. Not sure why. I was newly single, trying to find a place to live with no income. I ended up in a weird place with buildings super close together and colorful motorcycle helmets that were placed around everywhere like artwork. Everything was kind of dirty and it was dusk and I was wandering around. I didn't have a place to sleep. I somehow ended up on a bus with some people I knew, and it was driving too fast and I was scared but it ended up being fine... I don't remember what else happened. It's hard to explain.

California

To dream of California represents a mindset that is focused on having to feel good noticing that nothing matters. Cultivating a carefree atmosphere. It may also reflect a situation where you are purposely cultivating a pleasant atmosphere of togetherness.

Helmet

You feel that the most important thing is your head and you try to protect yourself with this symbol as if you were protecting yourself for a battle.

Bus

To dream of a bus represents a situation in your life that feels unpleasant or unbearable to have to be patient with. A situation that isn't working out the way you wanted it to or feeling that some area of your life is taking too long. A bus may reflect unwanted disappointments or delays as you move towards your desired goals. Feeling that you have to be patient with a situation you are waiting for. Complaints about how long a goal is going to take to complete.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2019, 5:38 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i had a reverie where i was walking in my neighborhood, somebody nearby was using an electric leafblower, it was near dusk outside- then all of a sudden the leafblower stopped and simultaneously all the lights in the neighborhood extinguished and the sky turned gray. i heard rumbling and a strange whining in the distance, the rumbling grew louder and became palpable in the air. i thought that finally one of our enemies set off a nuclear EMP event.

Leaf Blower

To see or use a leaf blower in your dream means that you need to collect your thoughts and/or ideas together in order to better process and understand.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 7:51 pm

i dreamt i was in a library after closing, at night-time, moonlight was streaming in from the skylights giving everything an eerie glow. i was feeling hot and bothered. there was a woman sleeping on one of the tables in there. i was desirous of her physicality. then the dream segued into a daytime scene in some kind of gated community, there was an awkward driveway that morphed back and forth into a paved footpath, winding around the grassy tree-studded compound, with a grassy scrubby field in the background off to the horizon, and distant forest from horizon to horizon. i saw red brick buildings including a main large one, i knocked on the door and was let it, there was a sort of dormitory environment in there, and a choir had gathered in a common room for a ritual concert of music that was quasi-religious but non-denominational. i saw mixed-age people in groups of about 5 or 6 coming in the door. towards the end, something made me check my pockets and i discovered i lost my keys somewhere, and before i could find them again, i awoke.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 1:38 am

I had a dream in which I was holding up a dish antenna of some kind and a black bear ran up and started sniffing the antenna and trying to climb all over it. The bear ignored me as if I weren't there. I would try to twist away from the bear, but it would just follow the antenna right around.

The dream only lasted a minute or two, but it stuck in my mind.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2019, 3:44 am

One other dream from a couple of days ago.

I'm in some town for a celebration of some kind. There are people everywhere. Suddenly, there was an explosion of some kind that would kill everyone in several miles around. Miraculously, some people from a hundred million years or so in the future, knowing the day and time of the explosion manage to yank a few people forward in time and I was one.

When I came to, I was in some kind of hospital with odd looking people walking around in something resembling medical jackets. They check me over and know what happened. It was a meteor and many tens of thousands died when it struck. I was very depressed by it all and spent quite some time there. The hospital was in Antarctica after the current ice age ends and the world is warming up again. They are quite interested in treating us well as they study us.

After a couple years, I get less depressed and they let me live miles outside of their city in a stone house surrounded by trees and near a good fishing stream. For the most part, I stay by myself, fishing and gardening.

Occasionally I go to a small village a mile or two away. The village is primarily for older people and the ages range from about 30 to 100 and more (improvements in medicine). There, I go to church and to their library where they have many ancient books (i.e. from our time). Supposedly, books mostly died out soon after our time and were replaced by videos and so nearly all of the available books were from our past. I mainly read books about ordinary rural and small town stories from the late 1800s to the late 1900s and am not much interested in what happened after our time.

Every once in a while, the new people drop off necessary supplies to the village and to each house such as medicines, spices, and clothing. And, of course, they are observing everything. How we interact with others, how we live, what we do, what we think, ... .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 9:51 pm

^^^i love futuristic dreams ! :wtg:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 11:11 pm

A bunch of clones all named Walter each holding a lily.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 3:37 am

auntblabby wrote:

I like them, too. In my dreams of the distant future (sometimes I'm not sure if it might not be the distant past), life is usually rather idyllic. They usually have hills and mountains and rivers and a far smaller population -- either the population was larger wiped out or left on spaceships for the stars. Often there is some form of transportation available for long distances, but not always.

I remember one that was like living in a hill above something like a hobbit village. In that dream, the continent was primarily mountains and large hills with river valleys and the villages were all along the river valleys where farming was very productive.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 3:44 am

kokopelli wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I like them, too. In my dreams of the distant future (sometimes I'm not sure if it might not be the distant past), life is usually rather idyllic. They usually have hills and mountains and rivers and a far smaller population -- either the population was larger wiped out or left on spaceships for the stars. Often there is some form of transportation available for long distances, but not always. I remember one that was like living in a hill above something like a hobbit village. In that dream, the continent was primarily mountains and large hills with river valleys and the villages were all along the river valleys where farming was very productive.

IMHO you are astrally visiting another dimensional reality or timeline, or you are in the distant future in a post-technological era, one with spiritual power. or you are on a lower rung of the astral plane which people who have died and been resuscitated have reported to have similar properties as the one in your dream. i am not so sure that humanity was ever meant to ascend to level 1 or higher [kardashev scale].