What's the last weirdest dream you had?

Page 228 of 246 [ 3933 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231 ... 246  Next

what's the last weirdest dream you had, by type?
*I dream weird Technicolor dreams most of the time! :jester: 14%  14%  [ 88 ]
*I dream mostly vivid but totally "normal" dreams generally. :salut: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I tend to dream "average" blah dreams. :| 4%  4%  [ 25 ]
*I generally dream in vivid colors and sounds :jester: 14%  14%  [ 85 ]
*I tend to dream in average/subdued colors and subdued/muted sounds :| 5%  5%  [ 31 ]
*I dream only in shades of gray. :| 0%  0%  [ 3 ]
*I never seem to remember my dreams. :| 9%  9%  [ 57 ]
*I have mostly good dreams :) 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
*I have mostly nightmares or night fillies :help: 11%  11%  [ 69 ]
*I LUCIDLY DREAM! :star: :colors: 14%  14%  [ 90 ]
*I wanna nice yummy ice cream! :chef: 9%  9%  [ 56 ]
Total votes : 629

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2022, 9:24 pm

I was sitting in a crowded room and on the other side of a low barrier, in like a hallway or something, someone would push a laundry cart that had Bernie Sanders in it. He'd appear to my left, travel to my right and push the cart right through a closed door and disappear. He did it over and over again. He was doing it to be funny. Nobody else could see him, but when I explained to someone what I was seeing, rather than being amused at my craziness, he craned his neck and looked, trying to see what I was seeing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2022, 3:39 pm

i dreamt i was in somebody else's house, they were gone but it was me and a former co-worker from decades ago, we were watching the homeowner's ultra-big-screen [hadda be one of those new 85" jobs] and there was some odd "reality program" on (something like "america's favorite home videos"), where people in a live audience would judge these projected videos they saw, of people dropping trou and [doing as well-fed barnyard animals do] onto the ground in the messiest ways possible. the messier the plop, the greater the applause. i said to the co-worker, "so it, amuuurica, has come to this... god almighty." she remarked how debased our culture and entertainments have become. i remarked that i was amazed this passed the censors [it was a NBC tv-network program], then i mused aloud that if they weren't allowed to broadcast swearing or sex/nudity, then somehow this was the only thing left for them to do unless they wanted to truly live up to the FCC's "public interest" and show something educational.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 3:49 am

another night with dream after dream about being the only man in a school full of women who proceeded to outperform me in every respect and never let me forget about it.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 6:21 am

Jakki wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
The last weirdest nightmare I had involved a bed of snakes. I was lying in bed at home when the snakes crawled around me and held me down. So I fought them off and ran. Then I was inexplicably in a hotel room, for a while it was quiet until a landline phone kept ringing. I answered and heard a bunch of threats - they also wrote notes and sent letters to the hotel room. Some sort of criminal organisation was out to get me for some unknown reason.

Possible perception of your closest situations around you ,have become threatening.And even if you can escape them to some sort of safety . But seems you do escape them . But Only brings immediate relief.but situations prevail that are still in your vicinity . That have appearances of hostility . And seem to be able to use the circumstances around you to keep on some degree of active harassment . But only peripherally. And being a landline phone it could mean
Situations are more direct in your immediate living locations .?
Just a thought…

Well, I suppose there's some relevance here. Recently I have been dealing with difficult situations. My friend's former stalker showed up, which worried me, it also reminded me of my experiences with being stalked. I guess discomfort and worry could've factored in to the nightmare. Fortunately my friend is safe now, but the situation was unnerving. It might've influenced my dreaming mind.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 11:02 am

auntblabby wrote:
another night with dream after dream about being the only man in a school full of women who proceeded to outperform me in every respect and never let me forget about it.

I, in turn, have often dreams in which I'm in a school with my ex bullies from my elementary school who are adult now in those dreams - but in spite of it, they still keep calling me names :x :evil:

This night I didn't dream a dream that unpleasant though - I had one spiritual dream more :D One which I described in that other "dream thread". :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 7:19 am

I walked into my clubhouse wearing a Union Jack T-shirt and blue jeans and everyone was laughing at me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2022, 7:54 am

auntblabby wrote:

Gosh. What could that all 'mean'?

Are you sexually attracted to these ladies? So "impressing them" might be an emotional ingredient. Or is it just them out competing you?

Just seems like an odd thing to have as a recurring dream.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2022, 7:09 am

A couple of nights ago I dreamt that an ex-colleague of mine turned up in my backyard with a gun, and she was shooting everyone in sight (there were a lot of different people in my backyard for some reason). Feeling terribly frightened I hid behind a bush, hoping she wouldn't see me. The sounds, the sight, the emotions, everything, were very realistic like it was really happening, even though I have never experienced it before. I crouched behind the bush thinking "if she sees me she will kill me". So I concentrated very hard on not letting her see me at all. I could see her through little gaps in the bush, and she started coming towards the bush with her gun. But she obviously didn't see me, and then the police came. I had somehow got into the bush and they found me in there, and they called me brave.
But my dad and my brother were both dead, and the rest of my family were abroad on vacation so they didn't know all this had happened.
I was frightened to know that no charges were made against the shooter, so I fearfully lived each day thinking I was going to be shot at any moment.

But then I woke up.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 6:07 pm

Warning:
Violent and Disturbing Content! Reader Discretion is Advised!

My family and I were walking along a beautiful boardwalk despite the rain. We looked around for a place to stay warm in order to avoid getting more wet, but then we saw a crowd gathered around what appeared to be a pair of telephone poles tied in the shape of a cross. The majority expressed confusion just as much as we did so we got closer. When we did, the weather got violent and everyone ran for it.

When the three of us got into a safe place, we heard loud thunder and lightning then saw the outline of a man's body on it as if it had been struck by lightning multiple times. The cross started burning and it fell.

The dream finished and I woke up feeling happy.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

11 Sep 2022, 8:12 pm

I often doze off while my thoughts are turning unpredictable, as they do when I start to dream, and if I wake up immediately I generally remember these nonsensical thoughts. But sometimes they're sensical or even interesting.

Just now I dozed off thinking that if I was pretending not to notice I was being mistreated, and they knew I had noticed but was pretending not to have, what would they think I was up to, and how annoying it was that they think it was I who was up to subterfuge when in fact I was giving more benefit of doubt than was warranted. Even while tipping into nonsensical mode, my brain is trying to understand subterfuge.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2022, 4:32 pm

i dreamt i was in some kind of remedial school for adults, there was a big hairy brown dog, shaggy dog, sort of like a skinny newfoundland mix. my task as a student was to pilot a "sled" on the slippery waxed floor of the school corridors in front of the administration section, and i was doing so while whistling "little st. nick" (a beach boys xmas tune). but this big brown hairy dog kept shoving me aside and trying to take the "reins" of the sled, we fought for control until we reached the principal's office, where the dog heaved itself down onto the ground and peed itself. the principal looked down at the dog [which turned out to be hers] with a mixture of paternal care and disgust.

kokopelli
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 4:28 pm

I had a really pleasant dream yesterday.

In the dream, I had retired to Molokai in Hawaii and had a sailboat that I used to go to other islands. I had sailed to Honolulu for the day and was coming back that night. Since I'm colorblind, I cannot distinguish the colors of the lights on the buoys marking the channels and so I stopped offshore, dropped the anchor, and spent the evening sitting on the boat as it rocked back and forth and falling asleep.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2022, 4:41 pm

I was watching a TV documentary about cats.

They said if a cat holds its tail straight up in the air, it means they are looking at a ghost.

:skull:

My black kitty does that all the time.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 12:00 pm

I was at my parents' house and the doorbell rang. My dad who is deceased irl answered it. Lo and behold, it was Raleigh sporting a white hairdo (picture a cross between Annie Lennox & Billy Idol). We went downstairs to play (um, literally, like children). Raleigh had a clear plastic square about 3" x 3" which we placed over pictures to look at them clearly. I guess it was like a magnifying glass except it didn't magnify, and the plastic was a little foggy so it didn't make anything clear. We thought it was great fun regardless.

Suddenly my former professor of Philosophy of Mathematics entered the room with a bookbag. He had blue plastic squares like ours, but with a raised edge. I decided to steal one of the blue ones because they were pretty. When the prof was leaving he noticed I took a blue one and wanted it back. I was trying to hide Raleigh's clear one since it was ours to begin with. I can't remember what else happened but I was ready to fight for the clear one.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2022, 12:42 pm

Two hedgehogs crossing a road.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2022, 7:03 pm

^^^[from Auntyflo.com] To dream of a hedgehog is a sign that you will gain a better job, but can also suggest being disappointed by your friends. To see a hedgehog cross a road means you will defeat your enemies, and you may receive some alarming news. It can also foretell that you will have difficulties in business. The hedgehog with the prickles upright symbolizes a sullen character, recalcitrant, and difficult to approach. Perceiving danger will make the hedgehog turn into a ball of thorns.