For people that are spiritual,but not religious...

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Mar 2007, 9:27 am

The point that I have been trying to get across is that I see that I can use logic to show that there are things in the universe that are too difficult to comprehend. As this is like thinking that the universe is unknown as its purpose is unknown and as its composition has no truth.

For the mind and the will are very obscure. It is a complex process that we cannot explain with physicality.

For the meaning of life is not only a strange question but it is not conceivable to be ever discovered.

For the unsymmetrical force of the cycles in energy systems which comprise of the states of matter and the way which these systems behave.

For the unexplained notion of the flux of time to be only an experience.

Thus, this leads to philosophisizing at ideas - our justification of how we know ourselves - to seek our fate through what we beleive or what we have faith in.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2007, 6:39 pm

earthdweller wrote:
The point that I have been trying to get across is that I see that I can use logic to show that there are things in the universe that are too difficult to comprehend. As this is like thinking that the universe is unknown as its purpose is unknown and as its composition has no truth.

For the mind and the will are very obscure. It is a complex process that we cannot explain with physicality.

For the meaning of life is not only a strange question but it is not conceivable to be ever discovered.

For the unsymmetrical force of the cycles in energy systems which comprise of the states of matter and the way which these systems behave.

For the unexplained notion of the flux of time to be only an experience.

Thus, this leads to philosophisizing at ideas - our justification of how we know ourselves - to seek our fate through what we beleive or what we have faith in.

I can tell you the meaning of life right here, right now.

Ready?

"The meaning of life is what you make of it."

It's that simple.

konyannah
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2007, 10:01 am

SpaceCase wrote:
Let's see...

I've tried:

Christianity
Atheism
Wicca
Buddhism

It was...*thinks*...TWO months ago that I decided that I didn't and shouldn't fit into a specific religion and that I would just find my own PERSONAL beliefs that seemed logical and sensible to me.

Is anyone else here like that?

-SpaceCase

I feel totally like that

I've tried Buddhism and Islam mainly (sufi Islam that is), with kind of 'shamanic' bits and pieces from time to time - I just don't fit, they all seem to get it wrong

right now I'm just starting to believe more in my own vision and way of doing my relationship with the Divine

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2007, 8:36 pm

I saw this book the other day...it's for people that are SICK of religion and just want thier own unique spirituality and something called "universal spirituality". That was a dead ringer for me! 8O

I forgot the name and author,but I PROMISE I will let you know as SOON as I find out.

-SpaceCase

miku
Raven
Raven

05 Apr 2007, 8:08 pm

Corvus wrote:
Well, I think explaining is one thing. But who cares? So what? I can explain everything in the world but all I am doing is talking. Proving something isnt the same as DOING it. In terms of awakening, the energy flow that science "could prove" was known WELL before science "discovered it" thousands of years later. That doesn't mean that 'awakening' doesn't exist, it just doesn't exist to those who don't do it. It doesnt exist because they don't feel it. It would be like describing to someone what 'love' feels like - you can't do it so people think it doesn't exist, they just see a bunch of morons with their eyes closed wasting time. I mean, come on, what else could they be doing? People RELY on science but science merely explains whats happening, it doesn't give you the feeling. Thats the difference between talk and experience. The more I talk about "Talk" versus "Doing" the more I take away from "talk" and the more I give to "do" or "reality."

This is my disgust for science. I believe beople love to read about it but they sure as hell are quick to not do any of it :)

Unless you're Amish, you need to stop talking.

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 5:01 pm

The book was something like,"God On Your Own".

-SpaceCase

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2007, 5:35 pm

I don't think that I could trust anyone else's path.
How could they know what is right? What makes
them more knowledgable than the one at the very
center of all experience?