Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Transyl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 7:36 pm

Listening to the same song dozens of times. Looking at pretty or nice pictures.

FedUpAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2014, 7:39 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
The sound of the falling rain when I'm in bed at night.

This one! I love the sound of falling rain when I'm in bed.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 8:24 pm

I agree with puzzles - the 'reverse crossword' idea sounds quite interesting. I also do The Guardian Quick Crossword every day: I like it because it's not too easy or hard.

Browsing/posting on forums.

Certain videogames. RPGs where you can just wander aimlessly about the world map, doing dumb crap; platformers; racing games, puzzle games, etc. Don't like games with endless shoot-outs or battles usually, though there have been a few exceptions.

Nature/animals. It annoys me so much less than humans -_-

The last one is gonna be weird. Pre-surgery, when I had active Crohn's, I'd often go and lie on the floor in the bathroom. It was vinyl and the coolness of it was soothing. I also had a stricture (narrowing), which made food getting through difficult: but the sound and feel of it passing through was also oddly soothing. There'd be horribly uncomfortable pressure; a massive gurgle; relief - rinse and repeat for the next 2 hours. (Note: total obstructions are a different story. The guts really don't like it when food can't pass through at all.) To a far lesser extent, I get a similar thing with the ileostomy.

vickygleitz
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 8:55 pm

r2d2 wrote:
Watching the same movie over an over and over and over and over again. If this universe is going to be so damn unpredictable - at least I can create for a few hours a micro-universe that is 100% predictable. I find that soothing.

Of course rain and cloudy days - like others have said. Lots of people have England as one of their favorite countries. I'm probably one of the few whose favorite thing about England is the weather.

What he said...plus lorazapan. [just kidding about the lorazpan...no I'm not]

yournamehere
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Roaming 150 square miles somewhere in north america

25 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm

I like the sun on my face, and body like a cat in the window. The feeling of being on the water. The sound of the small waves hitting the boat. All three together is very pleasant for me. Having a nice view, maybe an eagle flying around. To go along with it. Those are the thoughts I like to keep in my head. Sometimes I can close my eyes, and think about it, and it really calms me down. I always enjoyed the call of the loon on a quiet peaceful morning. To me that is the sound of a beautiful morning. Lightning gets my very excited. Diamond Willow has been a relaxing interest of mine too. It is a strange wood indigenous to my area, usually used for making canes. I hand carve it.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

I find Jean Luc Picard's(Patrick Stewart) voice soothing.
Listening to him speak in any TV/Movie feels very good.
Like the father I never had.

Naturalist
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Nov 2014, 11:19 pm

Nice puzzle game!

I like to have weight on my head. I have two very heavy hats which I wear when I need to be comfortable. Also, I have a pair of fox tails at home which I like to stroke because they are soft. And a favorite rocking chair. And sometimes I sing songs in a made-up language. And I sort / rearrange my collections. Lately I like to stare at mosses, I go up into the woods on an abandoned road bed to a spot where there are many species of them, and I study those for a long time.

I have a long list of such comforts, but will stop there so that I don't monopolize the weirdness.