Page 6 of 8 [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

KarBaum
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Mar 2010, 2:36 pm

I wear skirts and dresses all of the time, too, of all styles and colors and lengths, though the long ones make my already short self look even shorter.

pennypincher
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2010, 4:07 pm

For religious reasons, I only wear dresses and skirts. Even if the chill factor is -50, I still wear a skirt. When it is that cold, I will wear at least two pair of long johns and two pair of socks under my skirt, but it is still skirts only. I have not worn pants since 1979.

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2010, 8:42 pm

I love dresses! I wear them with Doc Martens :D

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2010, 11:22 am

M02 wrote:
I wear dresses of skirts everyday. I prefer long skirts without slits that are wider at the bottom than the top (A-line) Also I refuse to wear panty hose or tights. They are what makes wearing a skirt so uncomfortable to me. I wear knee socks or just bare legs depending on the weather.

I also like to wear petticoats under my skirts. I make cottons ones. The nylon slips are sometimes too hot to wear or scratchy.

I also don't wear high heel or uncomfortable shoes with dresses. I wear sports shoes, sandals or mary jane shoes with my dresses. If people think it looks stupid then that is their problem.

I agree with all of this except for the petticoats (and I prefer short socks). :D

Even though I consider myself to be 'neutral' as opposed to female, I feel very physically uncomfortable in trousers. They always seem to be constrictive or to dig in around the waist or the seams.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2010, 8:51 pm

I like dresses and skirts. I wore them to my last job all the time. I was very professional and I liked to look feminine. Now I wear comfy casual clothes because I work from home.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 10:44 am

I like wearing dresses and skirts now and almost exclusively. I should note, I am not one of those high femme girls. I tend to like skirts and dresses but I am not attracted to wearing heels. To me it is usually a skirt or dress with a pair of boots or flats (usually mary janes).
I am kind of put off by baggy cloths, I tend to prefer stuff that is fitted. I do like a-line skirts, but I have enough pencil skirts as well.
Oh, I also like gothic lolita stuff, which is all dresses and skirts.
In fact I cannot think of one instance in the past year that I have worn pants to work.
For the most part I am physically uncomfortable with trousers.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 11:59 am

Grim wrote:
I have always hated them. I dont think i sit girly enough to wear one anyway.

LOL same here! Whenever I had to dress up for something (fancy dinners, church, whatever) I wanted to sit comfortably and casually, but my parents would always be like "Close your legs!" Yeah right, like squeezing your legs together all the time when you sit is really comfy. :x

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 12:39 pm

At the moment I have two dresses and a skirt, and I love them all. They make me feel like such a young lady; I enjoy being feminine. :) I like the way they feel when they blow in the wind outside, and they way they swish when I walk. I don't like having to sit "properly", so I bought a pair of leggings to wear with them. Now I can sit however I want and I'm not flashing anybody, haha. :P

I also have a pair of heels and I wear them as often as I can, sometimes even when I'm just sitting at home. They are my favorite pair of shoes, and I can understand why other women like to collect them. It's partially because they make me feel feminine, and partially because I get satisfaction from hearing them "clack" against solid floors.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2010, 1:02 pm

I also like this sound, but when I wear heavy boots and it's like beginning of Rammstein's Links 2 3 4. It makes me smile. High heels? Not really :?

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

tinmaiden
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2010, 5:25 pm

I don't mind dresses and skirts... but the way I move, fidget, and sit on my legs in class would probably end up with me unintentionally committing a public indecency crime. :p Pants and shorts are safer.

-Fyodor Dostoevsky

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 7:14 am

I want to buy myself a miniskirt to wear, this summer. Who cares if I'm over 200 lbs. I'm living on my own, so I can do what I want.

GrimmRomance
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2010, 9:51 am

Personally I love skirts and dresses! If I had enough of them, I would never wear pants ever again. (:
I don't want them too tight though. I want to be able to move my legs as if I weren't wearing a thing.
If they weren't too expensive I'd buy a whole bunch of puffy 50's styled skirts, a couple of maxi's and some colourful dresses.
However there always have to be sleeves on my dresses. Apparently they don't make room for women with E cups.
I don't even understand WHY there has to be that little room - 50 % of the Danish women have got D cups!

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 1:04 pm

There is no D or E cup. Size exist only with the back size. I don't have HH cup. I have 30HH.

8 = 30 = 65
18 = 40 = 90

See "Bras" thread or my signature for details.

Most of brands don't sell dresses for X-shaped women, they prefer H-shape. It's too difficult for them, it's more easy to cut two the same shapes and sew them. But I know Bravissimo and BiuBiu, they make clothes with 2 sizes: body and boobs. I can buy size f.e. 10 + three sizes of bust part. Ok, I could, if I wasn't 180/6'0 tall. I have waist on my ribs. But most of you are shorter.

You can also buy bigger size and take in waist. Sometimes I buy in second hand cloth size f.e. 16 or 18, it's longer and wider in bust. And I cut a waist 20 cm down.

I recommend wrap dresses, you can always tie it tighter.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Postures
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 1:07 pm

I really want this dress:

It's on sale :o

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 2:10 pm

Postures wrote:
I really want this dress:

It's on sale :o

Buy it. :idea:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2010, 2:12 pm

I think that I could wear any skirt, or dress that I wanted to. Society just brainwashes us women into thinking that we have to be thin, to wear such clothes.